Author Topic: Why can't I sell my rub?  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
The exactly same script was jumping from 4 to 400 and viceversa (for RUB) in less than a minute range. So I think the problem was on the source side like xeroc said

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't think it has anything to do with the precision .. The script does not distinguish any of theses assets .. so a precision error would have effected all of them ..

Offline wackou

it looks like we had a jump of exactly 100x on the price of RUB 3 days ago.

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/asset/RUB

Same thing for SEK: https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/asset/SEK

Could that be due to an old script trying to publish values but with a wrong precision for that asset? I doubt that yahoo is the culprit, here, that would be very weird. Worth noting also is that precisely those 2 assets also had black swan events in the latest testnet, so that is something that has been happening for some time now...
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am not sure what happend here .. I have a feeling that it may have been yahoo's fault .. one of the sources for the price feed ..
Seems I need to rething the whole strategy of the price feed script and do some EMA of prices aswell .. Sorry for the inconveniences

//edit:  have pushed a new commit that will warn if the price movements are too big:
https://github.com/xeroc/python-graphenelib/commit/31ea4a37569308bd200e1060f3cca4205d64477f
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:19:56 am by xeroc »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Very nice. I lost money because of this. Although a small amount, but disappointed any way.

If you could provide more details on exactly what kind of orders you executed.. this might help with preventing what caused this from happening again. We were getting strange errors that indicated something related to how an order was placed in the market.. seems you're the guy that did it.. so can you give more specific details on it? This is only for the purposes of possibly identifying an issue and being able to more quickly reenable these markets.

I created a contract for 100 RUB at settlement price 4.42 BTS/RUB, then sold 90 RUB at 4.43 BTS/RUB. At this point a settlement price was correct. Next day the system closed my position and sold my collateral at 7.57 BTS/RUB, which is just completely wrong. Right now a price feed for RUB is wrong by a factor of 60. This error could cost me much more money if I invested more. I am going to hold on moving more money into bitshares until this issue is fixed.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Very nice. I lost money because of this. Although a small amount, but disappointed any way.

If you could provide more details on exactly what kind of orders you executed.. this might help with preventing what caused this from happening again. We were getting strange errors that indicated something related to how an order was placed in the market.. seems you're the guy that did it.. so can you give more specific details on it? This is only for the purposes of possibly identifying an issue and being able to more quickly reenable these markets.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
There is an issue with the RUB market.  The feed is temporary disabled until a fix a available.  Please do not use this market for the time being.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Price feed for RUB is completely wrong. My contract was margin called because of this. Stop manipulating the price people!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I added 1000 BTS to the RUB pool

Try again

Oh thanks! This worked! Now I need to figure out how to fill that margin call order :)

Edit: Ok, everything worked well.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:15:24 pm by yvv »

iHashFury

I added 1000 BTS to the RUB pool

Try again

Offline yvv

• View Profile
cli_wallet

Code: [Select]
unlocked >>> fund_asset_fee_pool **USERACCOUNT** RUB 1000 true

more info

Ok, now I need to learn cli to start trading.

iHashFury

cli_wallet

Code: [Select]
unlocked >>> fund_asset_fee_pool **USERACCOUNT** RUB 1000 true

more info
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:09:40 pm by iHashFury »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
you can't pay the fees from your wallet at the moment (planned).

and the rub fee pool is empty, you or someone else has to fill it up first

And how do I fill it up?

Offline karnal

• View Profile

???

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

and the rub fee pool is empty, you or someone else has to fill it up first

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Error message: Fee pool balance of '0 BTS' is less than the 10.00019 BTS required to convert 2.2098 RUB

I have enough balance to pay this fee, what should I do to be able to sell?