Author Topic: Account creation fee is 190 BTS - Why?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
What? I'm not going to pay to open an account.
I'll pay a fee to trade when using the system, but never to register an account.  :(

It's not you paying this fee, it's your wallet provider which pays this fee for you. You as a user pay 0.

Further more, you must be a lifetime member to create an account so the real fee is 38 BTS or $0.15.   This fee was set this way to prevent name squatting.
it is so fantastic
name squatting is charge for high fee for short name .
so the name squatting is not the reason why high fee.
I think BTS is more and more difficult to understand. 
maybe I only reason of high fee is for referral system ,but it is stupid, it would kill all hard work , I think the price of bts show everything .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:18:48 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
I agree, these seems well high, given that the people signing up for accounts are not actually paying the price and Openleder-reg is footing the bill; also given there are not 'guest'/test access to the wallet i'm sure there are accounts that are being register without any intention of being used in the future.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
BM, the previous fee set by the community was 95BTS so it wouldn't vest for 3 months. It was enough to deter people from name squatting.

195BTS is overkill IMHO, it doubles the costs for the registrar which no good reason except that it has been doubled. This brings no additional advantage.

The only result now is that the registrar has to make a large upfront investment for 3 months. Openledger-reg was empty today, and no users could be registered. One could say it already suffered the consequences for having 80% of the fees vested for 3 months.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'll pay a fee to trade when using the system, but never to register an account.  :(

It's not you paying this fee, it's your wallet provider which pays this fee for you. You as a user pay 0.

Further more, you must be a lifetime member to create an account so the real fee is 38 BTS or $0.15.   This fee was set this way to prevent name squatting.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19055.0.html this is the only proposal regarding name fees and it says 95BTS - who made the decision not to follow this?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Edit: my bad, misunderstood the question
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:24:11 pm by mike623317 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
honestly, those ninja-changes have to stop immediately.

agreed
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
honestly, those ninja-changes have to stop immediately.

It's time for some people to step up and open a committee account, sooner rather than later.

also, current person/s in charge of the committee should step back / withdraw their votes.

edit: how about a discount for legit registrars? they'd have to prevent spam (through FB login or IP restriction)

edit2: committee would decide which registrar to trust
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:43:52 am by fav »

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Hello,

I've noticed that, since the last fee increase, the account creation fee is 190,29 BTS:

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/block/324997

This is 38BTS after the 80% cashback.

I find this highly unusual that this wasn't mentioned by anyone yet. Having a fee over 100BTS means that it has to vest for 3 months, that means that the wallet provider has to make a large upfront investment so his business can be sustainable. It also means that he'll have a much longer turn even time because the fee has just doubled.

Is this really good and what we want? The community voted to have this fee at 95BTS, it was doubled in the last fee update.

Thank you

-mindphlux
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 11:34:09 am by mindphlux »