Author Topic: The URL bitshares.openledger.info just sucks.  (Read 5631 times)

Offline phillyguy

As well as being far too long, if I paste that URL on reddit to try to share how great our exchange is, it will immediately get buried as altcoin spam.

Everyone still thinks that an exchange can only be provided by a private entity, so thats what they expect to use. Like it or not, BitShares has not yet established itself as an exchange - its just an altcoin to most people. Dont believe me check out the price.

That site is provided by CCEDK, so why didnt they promote the webwallet under their own name? trade.ccedk.com / wallet.ccedk.com would have been MUCH better.

After the bond market is released and people are asking on reddit "How do I short Bitcoin?", you think Im going to paste the URL bitshares.openledger.info ? No I will get buried to oblivion. I would however paste the url trade.ccedk.com

I hope that when Banx sets up their webwallet, they wont make the same amateurish mistakes.

Perceptions matter.

I agree with everything said here. We need higher quality URLs for the referral program.

+5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

On a slightly different note, are you aware that we still don't have market history on the OL exchange?

Good news - the market history has just been added to the GUI.
You might need to reload the URL to get the upgrade.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
As well as being far too long, if I paste that URL on reddit to try to share how great our exchange is, it will immediately get buried as altcoin spam.

Everyone still thinks that an exchange can only be provided by a private entity, so thats what they expect to use. Like it or not, BitShares has not yet established itself as an exchange - its just an altcoin to most people. Dont believe me check out the price.

That site is provided by CCEDK, so why didnt they promote the webwallet under their own name? trade.ccedk.com / wallet.ccedk.com would have been MUCH better.

After the bond market is released and people are asking on reddit "How do I short Bitcoin?", you think Im going to paste the URL bitshares.openledger.info ? No I will get buried to oblivion. I would however paste the url trade.ccedk.com

I hope that when Banx sets up their webwallet, they wont make the same amateurish mistakes.

Perceptions matter.

I agree with everything said here. We need higher quality URLs for the referral program.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I don't understand how exchanges can brand under openledger? If I wanted to use openledger name I would want pheonike.openledger.info, but howvwould I control that domain name?
I guess it's the different Graphene-based blockchains (not exchanges) that will be branded under OL.
OL is a name for an order book shared with all decentralized exchanges, not a name for a federation of decentralized exchanges.
At least that's how I understand it

correctly put jakub

Hi @Ronny:

I'm a little confused about the overlap between markets on CCEDK and OpenLedger.  Do you expect in the near future to have some integration between CCEDK and OL (for the markets where there is overlap e.g. BTS:BTC)?  If not, then the liquidity remains fragmented and the purpose of OL (i.e. pooled liquidity through shared order books) seems somewhat defeated, no?   

On a slightly different note, are you aware that we still don't have market history on the OL exchange?  As you know, market history (aka "the tape" aka "time & sales") is one of the three most fundamental components of a trading interface (order book, time and sales, chart) when it comes to gaining visibility into the price action of a market.  Without it, a trader is seriously handicapped.  So we really can't attract traders at this point.  And without traders, how can we build liquidity?  And if we're not serious about liquidity, why are we even bothering with any of this?  I know the market history on OL is out of your hands.  But surely you have some influence to help make it happen sooner rather than later.

-tbone

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
I don't understand how exchanges can brand under openledger? If I wanted to use openledger name I would want pheonike.openledger.info, but howvwould I control that domain name?
I guess it's the different Graphene-based blockchains (not exchanges) that will be branded under OL.
OL is a name for an order book shared with all decentralized exchanges, not a name for a federation of decentralized exchanges.

correctly put jakub
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

jakub

Offline Pheonike

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Sounds like a good deal, i already want some :) look forward to seeing it all unfold - Keep up the good work Ronnie.

Also seen the post regarding BitUSD on CCEDK - sounds like i better get onto the nanocard..

Cheers

Offline openledger

• View Profile
you can send them to bitshareswallet.com it redirects to the account creation page at OpenLedger.

@Ronnie - are you looking at introducing a referral program? also will there be a better way to redirect traffic .. - i.e if someone use the url http://bitshareswallet.com and are redirected to the account creation page on OL ; make and account and on their next visit use the same link, they also end up at the account creation page although slightly different as their browser already has a wallet in its cache.
might be good if redirections could hit a page and check for active wallet; if wallet == true GOTO dashboard and strip referral code, if wallet == false GOTO account creation page and honor referral.

look forward to your response
Cheers,
GC

Yes, there will be a referral system an I hope it is up and active incoming days.

Once referral system is up and running on openledger, I will start with the signup campaign, where eash participant will receive their individual signature with their personal referral code added as well as link to Openledger, and as part of this campaign you will be able to acheive additional rewards in the form of OBITS, a special token created as a unique asset of OpenLedger and on the base of various profit centres connected to Openledger, all of them in future adding value to the token, meaning each owner is actively participating in making it increase in value.
Thanks for the quick reply, It will be good to get the referral system online - Good new :) 1 question to make sure i understand will the referrer still take a portion of BTS trading fee/memberships in addition to OBITS or will a percentage of the refereed users fees/membership cost to be paid to the referrer in the form OBITS?
OBITS = a derivative of the profitability of Openledge

OBITS value will come from the fees achieved on OpenLedger as well as other profit centres and is different from the referral system of bts, an will have to be consiered something extra comepletly.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19499.0.html

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
you can send them to bitshareswallet.com it redirects to the account creation page at OpenLedger.

@Ronnie - are you looking at introducing a referral program? also will there be a better way to redirect traffic .. - i.e if someone use the url http://bitshareswallet.com and are redirected to the account creation page on OL ; make and account and on their next visit use the same link, they also end up at the account creation page although slightly different as their browser already has a wallet in its cache.
might be good if redirections could hit a page and check for active wallet; if wallet == true GOTO dashboard and strip referral code, if wallet == false GOTO account creation page and honor referral.

Cheers,
GC

Yes, there will be a referral system an I hope it is up and active incoming days.

Once referral system is up and running on openledger, I will start with the signup campaign, where eash participant will receive their individual signature with their personal referral code added as well as link to Openledger, and as part of this campaign you will be able to acheive additional rewards in the form of OBITS, a special token created as a unique asset of OpenLedger and on the base of various profit centres connected to Openledger, all of them in future adding value to the token, meaning each owner is actively participating in making it increase in value.
Thanks for the quick reply, It will be good to get the referral system online - Good new :) 1 question to make sure i understand will the referrer still take a portion of BTS trading fee/memberships in addition to OBITS or will a percentage of the refereed users fees/membership cost to be paid to the referrer in the form OBITS?
OBITS = a derivative of the profitability of Openledge

Offline openledger

• View Profile

Cheers,
GC

Offline GChicken

• View Profile

Cheers,
GC

Offline openledger

• View Profile

Perceptions matter.

Why you even use this long url?

The point with openledger landing site, is to give a short info about the platform, before you access it, hence the domain name

www.openledger.info

so if you want to promote it and market it correctly, make use of this in instead of the long one, and you could even add one of the articles made on OpenLedger, there is plently of them to choose from.

If everybody did the same, you would not only start spreading the news, but backing it with some serious comments as well:

Articles and links on OpenLedger - will be updated when news arrive https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19067.0.html

and this way you offer a great lot of material for users to perceive the way they like best!!

rgds

Ronny
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:38:11 pm by ccedk »

jakub

The URL bitshares.openledger.info is a bit long but generally it makes sense as is it leaves space for future variations to support other Graphene-based blockchains, e.g. identabit.openledger.info.
Whereas if they had chosen something like trade.ccedk.com there wouldn't be such option.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
tl;dr whenever you mention something not related to bitcoin on /r/bitcoin

the way you post makes it very difficult to take you serious.

Offline oldmine

• View Profile

Perceptions matter.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:30:42 pm by ccedk »