Author Topic: Imported balances disappeared - non 2.0 account?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline CalabiYau

I used the light wallet to import my keys.json created from 0.9.3c. I then claimed the balances from those keys into the my account, and they showed up in my overview page. However after closing the light wallet and reopening it, no balances are visible and I have nothing.
.../...

After reopening the light wallet it showed only the newly created account here.
Went to settings / wallets / and clicked on:  Active Wallet Default => all imported accounts & balances showed up again.
Edit: I see all the accounts & balances, but if I click on them, no reaction  :-\
Edit: "reload button" did the trick  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:30:52 pm by CalabiYau »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I have a similar problem, i started 0.9.3c and tried to sync, but the client saying "not connected" so i exported the wallet as described and imported it
in the new 2.0 light client. But now i'm missing my last transactions, maybe because my client was not fully synced (i started the 0.9.3c client today,
last time was months ago) but how can i sync without a connection and additionally can i repeat the migration procedure when the 0.9.3c client is
synced to the last block before the hardfork?

You don't need 0.9.3c to be fully sync in order to move your keys to 2.0 - all your keys are already there, you don't get them over the network.

Why does the "regenerate keys" rescan the blockchain if they are already there? Totally curious.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have a similar problem, i started 0.9.3c and tried to sync, but the client saying "not connected" so i exported the wallet as described and imported it
in the new 2.0 light client. But now i'm missing my last transactions, maybe because my client was not fully synced (i started the 0.9.3c client today,
last time was months ago) but how can i sync without a connection and additionally can i repeat the migration procedure when the 0.9.3c client is

You don't need 0.9.3c to be fully sync in order to move your keys to 2.0 - all your keys are already there, you don't get them over the network.

This is only true if you already see ALL your funds ... if you have sent something to your account and have not catched up with it in your client you may need to sync the whole blockchain (for TITAN accounts)

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Offline toobox

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If you correctly claimed your BTS1 funds, then they should be visible from the account name. Go to the explorer->accounts search your account and take alook if there are transactions/funds in there.
If not you have not correctly claimed your funds and need to do that procedure again. If you feel there is something wrong with you lightwallet, just send me your account name per PM and I will take a look from here

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I used the light wallet to import my keys.json created from 0.9.3c. I then claimed the balances from those keys into the my account, and they showed up in my overview page. However after closing the light wallet and reopening it, no balances are visible and I have nothing.

Is this because the account that I claimed the keys into was pre 2.0 hard-fork? It was one of the accounts imported from the keys.json backup, not one created from the Openledger faucet. (The light wallet doesnt support stealth accounts.)

Is there anything I can do to get these funds back? I tried going into the import keys screen again and it says they have already been claimed (as expected).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:22:23 am by speedy »