Author Topic: New Bitshares Committee Members  (Read 2825 times)

Offline fuzzy

@fuzzy has more details on the actual coin.

I was hoping to engage Bitshares Committee Members ( our business minded representatives ) on their views of ways to entice and bootstrap potential new lucrative business opportunities for BitShares.

@bytemaster we still have 9 init Committee Members and 6 Standby new Committee Members

When I talked to Sunny King about it, he was interested in seeing Peercoin and Primecoin traded on the BitShares exchange.  How we do this is up to us...but @seraphim is a person who has begged the community to work on something amazing that would bootstrap something FAR BIGGER.  It would actually enable users to put a Peercoin token into a decentralized exchange that would distribute a fully-backed (1PPC:1PPC-UIA).  This is the route I'd like to see, but it is really up to the community if they are willing to look longterm and pay for some of the things that will bring value. 

Regardless, I'd personally recommend we put up worker proposals to buy both PPC and XPM namespaces on the exchange so we can do this.  And this isn't JUST a top 10 coin...this is a coin from the CREATOR of POS.  Historically, it would be HUGE.  ;)

Plus the whole support from their community! Aren't 3 letter assets expensive? I think we should address their community first to see if it's worth it. I think it could be but it's better to have their input on this as well.
perfect place to use a worker proposal imho.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I was hoping to engage Bitshares Committee Members ( our business minded representatives ) on their views of ways to entice and bootstrap potential new lucrative business opportunities for BitShares.

@bytemaster we still have 9 init Committee Members and 6 Standby new Committee Members

When I talked to Sunny King about it, he was interested in seeing Peercoin and Primecoin traded on the BitShares exchange.  How we do this is up to us...but @seraphim is a person who has begged the community to work on something amazing that would bootstrap something FAR BIGGER.  It would actually enable users to put a Peercoin token into a decentralized exchange that would distribute a fully-backed (1PPC:1PPC-UIA).  This is the route I'd like to see, but it is really up to the community if they are willing to look longterm and pay for some of the things that will bring value. 

Regardless, I'd personally recommend we put up worker proposals to buy both PPC and XPM namespaces on the exchange so we can do this.  And this isn't JUST a top 10 coin...this is a coin from the CREATOR of POS.  Historically, it would be HUGE.  ;)

Plus the whole support from their community! Aren't 3 letter assets expensive? I think we should address their community first to see if it's worth it. I think it could be but it's better to have their input on this as well.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline testz

Thanks for effort!  +5%
Sunny King good guy

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
I think it could be a good idea.
Still, Ander has a good point too about the actual amount left without the vested portion.

iHashFury

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
There has been some initial discussion on BitShares Telegram about MPA - smartcoins and I have a question/proposal I would like to put forward to the New Bitshares Committee Members.

@fuzzy had mentioned another coin (top 10 coinmarketcap) has an interest in being added to BitShares, so I would like to see a discussion here on the following question. 

If a community member has a legitimate lead/contact to bring on board MPA smartcoins, should the committee discuss/think about using a percentage of MPA registration fee to add some liquidity, entice and bootstrap potential new lucrative markets/bridges for bitshares?

@bytemaster also mentioned in last week's mumble (20151106) to @Thom that he would be happy to vote for new committee members with community support. This thread could be a good place to secure some votes.

It makes sense to use the MPA registration fee to kickstart the market. However that will likely be done by a lifetime member and checking cryptofresh, the max amount of fees for asset registration is 200k BTS. That doesn't seem like much if it only gets a cut of those 200k bts.

And does that coin join with BitShares or simply create a market here?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

iHashFury

There has been some initial discussion on BitShares Telegram about MPA - smartcoins and I have a question/proposal I would like to put forward to the New Bitshares Committee Members.

@fuzzy had mentioned another coin (top 10 coinmarketcap) has an interest in being added to BitShares, so I would like to see a discussion here on the following question. 

If a community member has a legitimate lead/contact to bring on board MPA smartcoins, should the committee discuss/think about using a percentage of MPA registration fee to add some liquidity, entice and bootstrap potential new lucrative markets/bridges for bitshares?

@bytemaster also mentioned in last week's mumble (20151106) to @Thom that he would be happy to vote for new committee members with community support. This thread could be a good place to secure some votes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:54:07 am by iHashFury »