Author Topic: IOTA + Bitshares  (Read 25143 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
PS - this is why I also like Siacoin so much because Sia is building a similar marketplace for the cloud storage industry. Sorry for trying to sell your another coin. :)

I "studied" SIA a lot and I can understand your excitement. I have many times dreamed bts2.0 will somehow collaborate with SIA ...  (I think they have more potential than Storj and Maidsafe)
Why do you think sia have more potential than storj and maidsafe?

Storj seems make good progress.

Maidsafe seems doing things more similiar to Iota.

see what maidsafe,storj.sia have accomplished and in what time-frame... compare their marketcaps...
and decide by yourself which has more potential... (I strongly advice to compare the github commits of each project...)

Offline monsterer

What is oracle?

Exogenous data source.

E.g. feed price
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline iota

• View Profile
    • IOTA
If there is no mining, how can the node benifit from runing a pow node?
Benefit comes from ability to send transactions.

Basiclly, can you tell how many roles there and how they act and why they join.
One role. Cooperation with peers gives benefits to every participant, this is why they will join.

the motivation for parties to run the nodes is to be able to enjoy a free and efficient marketplace. The parties either have lots of data available to sell or want to buy lots of data or both. But they can't trade their data without Iota because it is either too expensive to trade these kind data in a regular market or there is no place to trade at all. Therefore, the parties will waste their data (income resources) if they don't participate (running nodes because they need to stay online all time to look for trading partners) in a marketplace enabled by Iota. That is  the motivation, namely the opportunity to make profit and money.  It is the ultimate motivation for business activities.

A not very good analogy is uber and airbab markets. Before uber and airbab, those individuals who participate in uber and airbnb could not have the opportunities to offer their services to other people to make money for themselves because there either no such kind market or too expernsive for them to offer their service in the old marketplace. But with the marketplaces enabled by uber and airbnb they can.

PS - this is why I also like Siacoin so much because Sia is building a similar marketplace for the cloud storage industry. Sorry for trying to sell your another coin. :)
Thanks for answering.
So Iota may be suitable for resources like  music, books or bandwidth.
And how Iota help with intermet of things? Such as a teethbruch can connect to the internet, and collect and analysis my teech health. How can Iota help in this process?

Ps: I know sia, and I am a stake holder of sia. (Not the coin, but the note)

(Please move Sia convo to another topic)

As for how IOTA can help With IoT: http://cointelegraph.com/news/115508/iota-a-blockchain-less-gasp-token-for-the-internet-of-things

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

I "studied" SIA a lot and I can understand your excitement. I have many times dreamed bts2.0 will somehow collaborate with SIA ...  (I think they have more potential than Storj and Maidsafe)
Why do you think sia have more potential than storj and maidsafe?

Storj seems make good progress.

Maidsafe seems doing things more similiar to Iota.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

One role. Cooperation with peers gives benefits to every participant, this is why they will join.

the motivation for parties to run the nodes is to be able to enjoy a free and efficient marketplace. The parties either have lots of data available to sell or want to buy lots of data or both. But they can't trade their data without Iota because it is either too expensive to trade these kind data in a regular market or there is no place to trade at all. Therefore, the parties will waste their data (income resources) if they don't participate (running nodes because they need to stay online all time to look for trading partners) in a marketplace enabled by Iota. That is  the motivation, namely the opportunity to make profit and money.  It is the ultimate motivation for business activities.

A not very good analogy is uber and airbab markets. Before uber and airbab, those individuals who participate in uber and airbnb could not have the opportunities to offer their services to other people to make money for themselves because there either no such kind market or too expernsive for them to offer their service in the old marketplace. But with the marketplaces enabled by uber and airbnb they can.

Thanks for answering.
So Iota may be suitable for resources like  music, books or bandwidth.
And how Iota help with intermet of things? Such as a teethbruch can connect to the internet, and collect and analysis my teech health. How can Iota help in this process?

Ps: I know sia, and I am a stake holder of sia. (Not the coin, but the note)

Offline Come-from-Beyond

• View Profile
What is oracle?

Something that tells facts happened outside of tangle/blockchain.

Offline Tobo

• View Profile
No, it's still not clear how popular oracle feature will be. Yes.

What is oracle?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Tobo

• View Profile
The details are quite challenging to explain in layman terms.  But if you are an experienced programmer it will be easier to grasp. In short: Iota client doesn't need to order transactions, it doesn't need to track balances, it doesn't need to validate transactions most of time except lightning-fast verification of a PoW token.

That is why you should consider to hire a technical write to convey the complicated concept to the public in layman term. They  can do magic work some time.

Offline Tobo

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:17:38 pm by Tobo »

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
Thanks @mthcl and @Come-from-Beyond for the extra context!  I've (myself) never seen a system like Tangle before; very interested to see where this goes.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
This sounds very promising.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
 I got your back
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I have just skimmed the paper and must say that it has some very innovative ideas that are very similar to some a white paper I am writing.  I reference your paper by mine.

I think there is potential for IOTA and CNX to work together on providing the best possible technology for micro-transactions.   As I mentioned on Mumble today, our internal project codenamed Plasma is aiming to make transactions free and instant and thus perfect for micro transactions. 

There are just a few nuggets of inspiration missing from IOTA that when fused by Plasma will amplify your system.   

Once I complete the white paper I think you will be very excited to work with us on standardization.

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yellowecho

I have just skimmed the paper and must say that it has some very innovative ideas that are very similar to some a white paper I am writing.  I reference your paper by mine.

I think there is potential for IOTA and CNX to work together on providing the best possible technology for micro-transactions.   As I mentioned on Mumble today, our internal project codenamed Plasma is aiming to make transactions free and instant and thus perfect for micro transactions. 

There are just a few nuggets of inspiration missing from IOTA that when fused by Plasma will amplify your system.   

Once I complete the white paper I think you will be very excited to work with us on standardization.

+5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573