Author Topic: Deposit/Withdraw to Bitshares 2.0  (Read 6138 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
My account name is kurtduncan
My ID is 1.2.28979

If I tried to exchange my TRADE.LTC at https://blocktrades.us/ I only got the option to trade for Litecoin.
I now see that something has changed here and I can trade for BTS, which is good, but it is asking for a Bitshares 2.0 receive address which is what I am used to, eg generate/supply address for funds to be sent to... but, I cannot see any reference to a Bitshares 2.0 receive address within the software?
The bitshares receive address is your account name (kurtduncan).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
That would be your account name - kurtduncan.

But from your previous msgs, i thought you had already created an account. Do you have an account now that you can see?

I have upgraded from Bitshares previous wallet to Bitshares 2.0, my account status says "Basic Account" so my understanding is yes I have an account.

My ID is 1.2.28979

If I tried to exchange my TRADE.LTC at https://blocktrades.us/ I only got the option to trade for Litecoin.
I now see that something has changed here and I can trade for BTS, which is good, but it is asking for a Bitshares 2.0 receive address which is what I am used to, eg generate/supply address for funds to be sent to... but, I cannot see any reference to a Bitshares 2.0 receive address within the software?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline KD

• View Profile

But from your previous msgs, i thought you had already created an account. Do you have an account now that you can see?

I have upgraded from Bitshares previous wallet to Bitshares 2.0, my account status says "Basic Account" so my understanding is yes I have an account.

My ID is 1.2.28979

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:11:53 am by KD »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I've clicked the link at https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/TRADE.LTC_BTS
and I'm asked to create an account or import an existing wallet. I can see nothing in the overview section pertaining to buy/sell Trade.Ltc only a history of transactions.

When I go back to my Deposit/Withdraw section the BTC key is now gone from under BlockTrades.us and there is nothing under CCDEK at all. *Edit: BTC now back in withdraw section*

To summarise: Where is my BTS key? How do I transfer BTC to Bitshares 2.0 and exchange it for BTS?
Hi KD,

You're unable to view the market because of a known limitation of the wallet currently: it's unable to display markets until you have created an account, because the market webpage tries to query an account object. This obviously isn't desirable, and I hope/expect we'll see a fix for this soon.

Also, in reply to other issues discussed above:

1) We've just  manually placed some orders on the TRADE_LTC to BTS markets to get some basic liquidity there. Since they were manually placed and we're not actively monitoring them, the spread's not that great at the moment, however (which leads to 2 below).

2) We've added paths directly to and from BTS->TRADE.LTC on the blocktrades.us website, so you can now directly purchase BTS via TRADE.LTC (and vice versa). Since these prices are automatically updated by the system, the prices on the web site are probably better at the moment than on the distributed exchange (until more people place orders on this market and the liquidity improves).

http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline KD

• View Profile
Its really still not clear to me guys, and I have half a clue as to how wallets and transfers work...

Usually its generate a key, send coins to that key. This is how it has always worked for me to date, so not sure what to do or think about this? I've clicked the link at https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/TRADE.LTC_BTS

and I'm asked to create an account or import an existing wallet. I can see nothing in the overview section pertaining to buy/sell Trade.Ltc only a history of transactions.

When I go back to my Deposit/Withdraw section the BTC key is now gone from under BlockTrades.us and there is nothing under CCDEK at all. *Edit: BTC now back in withdraw section*

Can we go through this in laymen terms as I would expect this basic process of transferring funds to be really simple, and it isn't. If I have a fair bit of experience with transferring coins and using wallets, and I'm confused, what hope do we have making it clear for potential new investors?

To summarise: Where is my BTS key? How do I transfer BTC to Bitshares 2.0 and exchange it for BTS?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:42:44 pm by KD »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline svk

OK that all pretty much makes sense, good response guys thank you.

Just still not quite understanding where or how to trade my TRADE.LTC for BTS, I cannot find anything like this on the internal exchange, tried searching for LTC etc.

I have also tried trading it on the Blocktrades site, but seems I can only trade for Litecoin?

Where is the actual market as mentioned below?

Welcome! :)

You can go to the TRADE.LTC : BTS market and trade the ltc you received from blockktrades against BTS.

They have big buy walll up so should be easy to sell.

This is the market I was talking about https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/TRADE.LTC_BTS

You can also find it in your account overview, where your balances are shown.

But it looks like Blocktrades is not supporting that market at the moment, @dannotestein shouldn't there be buys and sells in that market?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline KD

• View Profile
OK that all pretty much makes sense, good response guys thank you.

Just still not quite understanding where or how to trade my TRADE.LTC for BTS, I cannot find anything like this on the internal exchange, tried searching for LTC etc.

I have also tried trading it on the Blocktrades site, but seems I can only trade for Litecoin?

Where is the actual market as mentioned below?

You can go to the TRADE.LTC : BTS market and trade the ltc you received from blockktrades against BTS.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
OK penny has dropped, Blocktrades is a 3rd party exchange which I actually sent my Litecoin to, they then forwarded to my Bitshares 2.0 account, correct?
Correct!

I presume they buy/sell Bitcoin as well based on what I am looking at here?
Also correct. We call this functionality: GATEWAY

So from this can I conclude that we have one exchange on board at this time, with more to follow?
That's one of the first "gateways". We have recently also added CCEDK and more
will come

Does this also mean trade.ltc or trade.btc can only be traded on this exchange?
That's right. Those two tokens represent an IOU of blocktrades ..
If they decided to also trade against a corresponding IOU in ripple or ethereum,
then you could trade these IOUs there too.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
TRADE.BTC/TRADE.BTS is using the internal decentralized exchange.

However, you can also buy BTS using poloniex and withdraw your bought BTS to your bitshares wallet.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline KD

• View Profile
OK penny has dropped, Blocktrades is a 3rd party exchange which I actually sent my Litecoin to, they then forwarded to my Bitshares 2.0 account, correct?

I presume they buy/sell Bitcoin as well based on what I am looking at here?

So from this can I conclude that we have one exchange on board at this time, with more to follow?

Does this also mean trade.ltc or trade.btc can only be traded on this exchange?

K

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline KD

• View Profile
Ok, have answered part of my own question by sending a few Litecoin to my account, so that works.

How do I convert to Bitshares?

Offline KD

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

Not really a newbie as I have had Bitshares for over 12 months and I'm an active reader of this forum, I am however new to actually participating in the forum.

A brief history... got into Bitcoin at $85 just after Cyprus bail in, then Litecoin at 40c and saw it go way up, then come crashing down! so made lots of money, then lost it all as I am definitely in for the long term.

From there switched over to Peercoin, then decided to go all in the Bitshares X last September and have been following progress closely ever since.

I have Bitshares 2.0 up and running, transferred my balance no problem and everything seems to be working fine. I am impressed with the new software (although I don't really know how to use it at this stage) and I have a very positive outlook on Crypto currency in general, and  Bitshares in particular  - even though I've seen about $30k slip through my hands  :-[

Guys, my question is how do I fund this new wallet?

I am familiar with the setup of wallets and have used a few with various as mentioned above, and it usually works by generating a key within the wallet then sending coins to that key. I realise that I need to go via BTC to get funds which is not a problem (not in US so card not an option), I used BTER to get my initial Bitshares before the whole crash/theft.

However, in Bitshares 2.0 I only have what looks like 2 keys 1 for BTC and 1 for LTC I don't seem to have a Bitshares key?

Could someone walk me through it? Also, if someone doesn't mind maybe they could send me a micro amount to the BTC key, if this is how it does work? then I can see the incoming.

If we do send BTC direct to the wallet, that's a pretty cool feature, but I don't really understand how that works as I thought this was a Bitshares wallet? Or rather is it a 'platform'?

FYI my username is kurtduncan and my BTC key is 1FToFXdMEtWHo2o4CXS8hvnboUAgKerScC

If someone could shed some light on it for me please.

Cheers,
K