Author Topic: 2. International Digital Finance Crypto Tech - Zug, Swiss - Request Help  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So Stan since you're going to Europe will you have a chance to chat with https://www.dgx.io/ for example, since Chris sparked their interested or are you in a tight schedule since you have other meetings?

@kenCode For all new startups around south Germany and Switzerland i recommend to reach out to the SIX Fintech incubator. I talked to their associate director and they are constantly seeking for new innovative Fintech companies. Anything where they can extant their influence on the Swiss market. And they are the Swiss market leader in POS - Systems already 

Btw, pretty sure whoever made the videos for Digix was the same person who made the videos for BitShares with @kenCode so that might be another common ground and might make it easier to get in touch. The videos look the same type.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:13:07 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Here is a short report from the 2. International Digital Finance Crypto Tech Conference in Zug.

It was an interesting conference with around 85 attendance from Switzerland, Germany, USA, England, France, etc. primarily talking about regulatory challenges in the Swiss market. As of today, Swiss still requires a banking license to operate a Swiss based Bitcoin exchange. This makes it extremely difficult for any Swiss based Crypto startup to get off the ground. However the greater area of Zurich and Zug develops a Crypto Currency cluster with many leading blockchain companies.

Since this conference was hyped by the presence of Ethereums Chief Legal Officer i was surprised about here bad performance as a speaker. She was the key speaker for compliance issues, however she did not even talk about the real challenges for Ethereum. I saw 3 other pitches  from Ethereum based startups that were heavily under performing... Funny enough, nobody bothered to explain the technology underneath. Anybody new to Crypto was totally lost with Eth presentations....

That needed to be changed. So i gave a speech about BitShares 2.0 and showed real use cases scenarios where companies and Startups could profit from the Graphene Blockchain.  I was talking about DEX, >10.000 transactions per block, Decentralized DB, and UIA systems. Surprisingly most people thought "this is to good to be true", "all Bitcoin problems seemed to be solved"

Well. I think so too. It is time to step up again and to acknowledge what we have. After the speech i talked to the Singapore based company www.dgx.io who was very unhappy with colour coins, had rooky experience with eth and are now interested to look into BitShares. Nice!

I also talked to the founder of securosys , a swiss based hardware security system, that is looking for new cold storage technologies. He is providing high quality infrastructure for bank servers today and would love to create new cold storage USB´s to safe our funds. Anybody interested to build BTS cold storage devises?

For all new startups around south Germany and Switzerland i recommend to reach out to the SIX Fintech incubator. I talked to their associate director and they are constantly seeking for new innovative Fintech companies. Anything where they can extant their influence on the Swiss market. And they are the Swiss market leader in POS - Systems already  ;)

It was also great to catch up with Erik from Shapeshift.io . He is now sitting in Switzerland and increasing his business.

Overall it was a good conference and i encourage everyone to spread the word about BitShares, recruit new companies and to bring us out of our niche. We do not want to leave the whole field for some wacky Ethereum startups. Let us start building real business based on Graphene.

Well done!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline testz

Excellent work!  +5%

It was also great to catch up with Erik from Shapeshift.io . He is now sitting in Switzerland and increasing his business.

Maybe you can ask him when Shapeshift.io will upgrade to BitShares 2.0?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Here is a short report from the 2. International Digital Finance Crypto Tech Conference in Zug.

It was an interesting conference with around 85 attendance from Switzerland, Germany, USA, England, France, etc. primarily talking about regulatory challenges in the Swiss market. As of today, Swiss still requires a banking license to operate a Swiss based Bitcoin exchange. This makes it extremely difficult for any Swiss based Crypto startup to get off the ground. However the greater area of Zurich and Zug develops a Crypto Currency cluster with many leading blockchain companies.

Since this conference was hyped by the presence of Ethereums Chief Legal Officer i was surprised about here bad performance as a speaker. She was the key speaker for compliance issues, however she did not even talk about the real challenges for Ethereum. I saw 3 other pitches  from Ethereum based startups that were heavily under performing... Funny enough, nobody bothered to explain the technology underneath. Anybody new to Crypto was totally lost with Eth presentations....

That needed to be changed. So i gave a speech about BitShares 2.0 and showed real use cases scenarios where companies and Startups could profit from the Graphene Blockchain.  I was talking about DEX, >10.000 transactions per block, Decentralized DB, and UIA systems. Surprisingly most people thought "this is to good to be true", "all Bitcoin problems seemed to be solved"

Well. I think so too. It is time to step up again and to acknowledge what we have. After the speech i talked to the Singapore based company www.dgx.io who was very unhappy with colour coins, had rooky experience with eth and are now interested to look into BitShares. Nice!

I also talked to the founder of securosys , a swiss based hardware security system, that is looking for new cold storage technologies. He is providing high quality infrastructure for bank servers today and would love to create new cold storage USB´s to safe our funds. Anybody interested to build BTS cold storage devises?

For all new startups around south Germany and Switzerland i recommend to reach out to the SIX Fintech incubator. I talked to their associate director and they are constantly seeking for new innovative Fintech companies. Anything where they can extant their influence on the Swiss market. And they are the Swiss market leader in POS - Systems already  ;)

Overall it was a good conference and i encourage everyone to spread the word about BitShares, recruit new companies and to bring us out of our niche. We do not want to leave the whole field for some wacky Ethereum startups. Let us start building real business based on Graphene.

wow all in all good news as it seems

Definitely

directly redirected :)

good work man
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great initiative. Sounds like we need a BitShares specific presentation deck

yep .. but currently .. unfortunately i'm running out of time ... mayb i can look into next week -- but wow 3.11.2015 .. maybe i will try .. but can't promise anything ..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Great, thank you guys.  +5%

I would like to avoid the general features of Crypto Currency that all of them share and focus on the different unique features of BitShares like the marked Collateralized Smartcoins , UIA, DPOS (voting to the people) and the decentralized Exchange (DEX).
Another great feature is our referral system.

I hope i can get some video footage for sharing too.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Please reach out to @cass .. he may have some slides for you aswell

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Haha this is great! I pm ed you a few google docs you can make use of to craft a presentation...

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Great initiative. Sounds like we need a BitShares specific presentation deck
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Hi all,

I want to reach out to the community because i need your help. I am going to the 2. International Digital Finance Crypto Tech Event in Zug, Switzerland next week. The event on the 3.11.2015 is for free and has an very interesting Agenda with many startups from Zug and Zurich.
That brings us to my request.

I thought BitShares is underrepresented in this Event so i asked for a speaking slot and even got one! I now have the chance to give a 7 minute speech about the universe of BitShares and kick Ethereum´s ass.

What do you guys think? What kind of story can i tell about Bitshares 2.0.

We will have another great chance to present our technology, our passion and our business solution for financial institutions.

I am looking forward to your comments and suggestions. Please feel free to join if you are in the area next Tuesday!

More info´s at https://www.b2match.eu/cryptofinance2015

8:45 Welcome & Keynotes
Keynote Crypto:  Jun. Prof. Dr. Sebastian Faust, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Keynote Internationalization of FinTech Startups:  Megadon, Dr. Donhuysen, VC und Serial Entrepreneur
Keynote Regulatory Issues, Ethereum, Ming Chan, CEO
Panel Discussion Regulatory Issues, MME Legal, Bitcoin Suisse, Ethereum, FINMA and DFCA

11:00 Opportunities for international collaborations - the EUREKA and Eurostar Initiatives – SERI

1 BITY (CH)
2 Metaco (CH)
3 Bitcoin Suisse (CH)
4 Xapo (USA)
5 Ethereum (CH)
6 cashcloud (Germany)
7 Yacuna (UK)
8 Augur (USA)
9 Bitfinitum (CH)
10 Digix (Singapore)
11 etherlabs (Romania)
12 Coinalytics (USA)
13 Ascribe (Germany)
14 Credits (UK)