Author Topic: Web release for importing large wallets (testers needed)  (Read 7000 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I have recovered some of my accounts with this method, but a couple of my accounts are missing some BTS balances - any idea of what to try?  I just recovered one, which is missing ~ 75k BTS from it, and another account has more than that missing.  I took a screenshot on 10/13 of my 0.9.3c balances pre-fork, to use for comparison, but i'm kinda stuck as to what to try. I found an xfer from polo in the 1st week of Aug which would account for 90%+ of the ~75k missing funds in the one account's 2.0 import, is there a way to scan a v1 block in v2?  My other assets' balances are correct, however.  A bit concerning about the missing BTS tho, i'm holding off on importing the 2nd account with the greater missing BTS until I learn more.
This post may help you: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

38PTSWarrior

Ubuntu Vivid, Firefox 41.0.2
Transaction could not be published (when claiming the balance).

Filtering the keys worked nicely.

Chromium-Browser Version 45.0.2454.101 on Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid)
There is no filter showing, it goes straight to claim balance and loads forever (I think it's not working or not as fast and good as with Firefox).

Someone knows a combination that works for 32bit Ubuntu 15.04? On Android Chrome did not work but Firefox. On Ubuntu Firefox works until 'transaction not broadcasted'.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:36:48 am by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
I have recovered some of my accounts with this method, but a couple of my accounts are missing some BTS balances - any idea of what to try?  I just recovered one, which is missing ~ 75k BTS from it, and another account has more than that missing.  I took a screenshot on 10/13 of my 0.9.3c balances pre-fork, to use for comparison, but i'm kinda stuck as to what to try. I found an xfer from polo in the 1st week of Aug which would account for 90%+ of the ~75k missing funds in the one account's 2.0 import, is there a way to scan a v1 block in v2?  My other assets' balances are correct, however.  A bit concerning about the missing BTS tho, i'm holding off on importing the 2nd account with the greater missing BTS until I learn more.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

38PTSWarrior

Everything alright here. 'loading balance claims' now. But already since 1 hour and I am using the /worker URL. Ubuntu Vivid 32bit. Chromium-Browser and Firefox. Chromium is more stable. I hope it will be finished with loading zoon.

38PTSWarrior

I am running 0.9.3c. The last export from Windows GUI 0.9.2 is missing some assets. You told me about that. When I try to import an older backup, it states 'wrong password'. OK back to 0.5.2 just to get that fixed. That should have been fixed in 0.9.3c but OK.

Now I have to delete 0.9.3c again and pray that my netbook is strong enough to recover keys in 0.5.2, then export and import into 0.9.3c and then export and import into 2.0.
  :'(

I build therefore I am sparrtaaa

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

No doubt this will work great when I get better internet.

Have you thought about having it automatically regenerate a certain number of keys in case people sent themselves bts without having the chain synced (if it doesnt)? then it would an all in one self-contained key import solution.

chryspano

I'm a little confused...

I believe that if you export your keys using 0.9.3c (use the console to do so if you have windows) and then use the exported file on  https://bitshares.org/worker you will have succes.

I can't help with  electrum keys and I don't know if they have anything to do with this thread, if yes, someone will help you.

If you have any other issue maybe it could better to open a diferent thread and give as much info as posible so someone can help.

38PTSWarrior

But I used windows 0.9.2 to recover keys. Then exported. My netbook is not stong enough to recover keys. Maybe with 0.9.3c it will work.

38PTSWarrior

I have a .json file and it states 'invalid format'.
I think I must rename it right?

Make sure you exported with 0.9.3c

If you used the windows version you need to export from console, GUI in windows was buggy
Yes Windows and gui. jcalfee wrote 0.9.x in the opener..

I need your help. Someone posted the download link for the full chain and I cannot find it.

I will install 0.9.3c now.

I have some keys from the electrum wallet I need to import too!

I need:

1. Link to full chain
2. Nerves for building
3. Help to import single electrum keys (i have them in a csv file)

chryspano

Make sure you exported with 0.9.3c

If you used the windows version you need to export from console, GUI in windows was buggy

38PTSWarrior

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Maybe they have been called in the meantime and the funds have been returned to your account keys?

Offline youlonghun

• View Profile
success to import,but i get some account that cny-collateral-holder-157 in my wallet,how  to delete them。win10, firefox 41.02。
Those are your open short positions from bitshares 0.9.3 ... you can't actually delete them .. I though asked for a checkbox to let "empty" accounts hide in your overview page
i have 10 shorts in 0.9.3,but only get 6 in 2.0,what's wrong with it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
success to import,but i get some account that cny-collateral-holder-157 in my wallet,how  to delete them。win10, firefox 41.02。
Those are your open short positions from bitshares 0.9.3 ... you can't actually delete them .. I though asked for a checkbox to let "empty" accounts hide in your overview page

Offline youlonghun

• View Profile