Author Topic: BTS 2.0 USD Feedprice  (Read 1940 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The reason for this could be that my script takes the median of all enabled exchanges independent of the actual volume. and the reason for this is that the volume can be easily manipulated.

I could add a trigger and let the witness decide whether to use the median or the weighted price

Volume should always be included into calculations.

I agree.  We should have a strict rule for a minimum volume to be considered valid or not.  Discard those sources with low volumes or we end up with very distorted prices.
If you weight them by volume you don't need to discard them .. :)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
The reason for this could be that my script takes the median of all enabled exchanges independent of the actual volume. and the reason for this is that the volume can be easily manipulated.

I could add a trigger and let the witness decide whether to use the median or the weighted price

I agree.  We should have a strict rule for a minimum volume to be considered valid or not.  Discard those sources with low volumes or we end up with very distorted prices.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think we are all currently running xerocs script.  I am not sure what the reason for the discrepancy is.  It might be calculating USD BTC differently than cmc.

edit.  thats not it.  bts btc price also seems low.

Maybe that is it.  I need to sleep.  Goodnight.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:15:09 am by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we is the feedprice 245 US when in BTC the price is 302 US on coinmarketcap?? Are all the witnesses providing wrong feedprices or did i miss here something?