Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 31956 times)

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Re: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »
I think i have done everything correctly but keep getting the error

unable to connect to 162.243.67..........

and somthing about "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it........."

is this ok or do i need to do something?

Offline Bitcoin3D

• Follow me: https://twitter.com/Bitcoin3D
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcoin3d
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2014, 02:43:26 pm »
I got a test message from Public Key 8f7Wepj8NEejZ9AkEDCaZZwkxxLPhDwhtdBSrv1vw4uvThvfi1 and It is Signed  Sy so that must be you. But no name is displayed.

Yep that's me and since you can't register without being a founder afaik all your messages should be from one. My guess is that the adresses aren't in the genesis block yet (that's why we all are doing this) so the names just aren't there to begin with.

Yeah that's what I think to. But do you see my name? Bitcoin3D. I am a Founder.
Bitcoin address: 19uYMBnPFsho8HDKMedtHP4gLgjoD1q34F

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2014, 02:57:34 pm »
I got a test message from Public Key 8f7Wepj8NEejZ9AkEDCaZZwkxxLPhDwhtdBSrv1vw4uvThvfi1 and It is Signed  Sy so that must be you. But no name is displayed.

Yep that's me and since you can't register without being a founder afaik all your messages should be from one. My guess is that the adresses aren't in the genesis block yet (that's why we all are doing this) so the names just aren't there to begin with.

Am i right in thinking only Founders have valid keys to test with and therefore if its working (and it is we have swapped messages) then i think we are good?

I see now everyone one gets a play :-) how do we know if our founders ID has been correctly registered as it seems to act and appear the same as a non founder id?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:22:28 pm by stuartcharles »

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2014, 03:45:16 pm »

Am i right in thinking only Founders have valid keys to test with and therefore if its working (and it is we have swapped messages) then i think we are good?

I see now everyone one gets a play :-) how do we know if our founders ID has been correctly registered as it seems to act and appear the same as a non founder id?

When you select a Founder ID under Contacts, if it's registered it says so, on a dark green background. It also says "Keyhotee Founder" on a gold background.
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »

We are working to produce better feedback in the tool.  When you first created your identity and entered your PTS address it should have printed your USD balance in the status string.  If you saw your balance you were ok. 

Things have been confusing because the real version will also support REGISTERING your ID with the blockchain via mining and the user interface does not make it clear that there is a difference.   We are preparing a new alpha that will provide better feedback for Founders.

Dan
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »
I just looked at my Keyhotee again and it says "Registered" in green and "Keyhotee Founder" in yellow, but I have never registered a founder ID.

I don't know what this means, it just gives me the impression that I am registered.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2014, 05:02:43 pm »
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

Are Keyhotee private keys revocable?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2014, 05:05:35 pm »
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

Are Keyhotee private keys revocable?

Yes, we have master keys and active keys.  Master keys can be revoked but not changed.  Active keys can be changed at any time.   The user interface for managing this is not yet in place.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2014, 06:13:29 pm »
Is there a Mac download? I want register my ID but i'm not on windows.

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2014, 06:28:07 pm »
I tried to sign up with my Founder ID and I don't have any connection to the bitshares network. In the terminal box It says no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. It won't let me send email the send icon is ghosted out and I can't use for anything, any Idea what I can do?

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2014, 06:29:27 pm »
I tried to sign up with my Founder ID and I don't have any connection to the bitshares network. In the terminal box It says no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. It won't let me send email the send icon is ghosted out and I can't use for anything, any Idea what I can do?

Give it some time.  It'll eventually register.  There is no mining currently but eventually you'll go green Registered with a gold Founder tag as well.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2014, 06:43:53 pm »
I just looked at my Keyhotee again and it says "Registered" in green and "Keyhotee Founder" in yellow, but I have never registered a founder ID.

I don't know what this means, it just gives me the impression that I am registered.

Ignore all the colors.  Just use the tool to get your Public Key then use the form on the web site to associate the Key with your ID and be sure:

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up/
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2014, 06:54:06 pm »

We are working to produce better feedback in the tool.  When you first created your identity and entered your PTS address it should have printed your USD balance in the status string.  If you saw your balance you were ok. 

Things have been confusing because the real version will also support REGISTERING your ID with the blockchain via mining and the user interface does not make it clear that there is a difference.   We are preparing a new alpha that will provide better feedback for Founders.

Dan

In the mean time, take the Public Key you are happy with (after you are done making mistakes) and associate it with your Founder's ID using this form:

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up/

Whatever is last recorded for your ID using this form rules. It will be used by my nifty Stanual Override process - patent pending - to overcome the alpha software blues.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2014, 08:02:40 pm »

Whatever is last recorded for your ID using this form rules. It will be used by my nifty Stanual Override process - patent pending - to overcome the alpha software blues.

Hahaha....always thought this genesis block was going to be one big Stanual process  ;) .

Thanks for the muligan form.  I think I'm good to go but I might give it a do over if after a think I decide I want a better brain wallet, or one not generated on Windows (though it's a clean install).  What's the cutoff for Stanovers?  Sliding date based on when it Keyhotee comes out of Alpha?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2014, 08:08:14 pm »

Hahaha....always thought this genesis block was going to be one big Stanual process  ;) .

Thanks for the muligan form.  I think I'm good to go but I might give it a do over if after a think I decide I want a better brain wallet, or one not generated on Windows (though it's a clean install).  What's the cutoff for Stanovers?  Sliding date based on when it Keyhotee comes out of Alpha?

Yes.  We will notify everybody many, many picoseconds in advance.