Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 83892 times)

Offline Sy

• View Profile
So - question - i won the founder lottery, so my payment pts address is known to me and the lottery OP, can he claim my id once i've done so or will it be locked to my master acc?
ptsweb.beeeeer.org Stats

Offline bytemaster

So in the Alpha I see the green bar saying "Registered" and a gold bar saying "Keyhotee Founder". Does this mean I'm good for registration and you're able to add me to the genesis block?
mine still "Unregistered". is that ok?

Yes...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline sva_h4cky0

• onore dikeido
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sva-h4cky0
So in the Alpha I see the green bar saying "Registered" and a gold bar saying "Keyhotee Founder". Does this mean I'm good for registration and you're able to add me to the genesis block?
mine still "Unregistered". is that ok?
天の道を行き、総てを司る! Ten no michi o iki, subete o tsukasadoru!

Offline bytemaster

I noticed another thing I minus well ask here. For my accounts "Age" I see 1 but yesterday I saw 0, what is this? And the reputation column is cut off, I only see "Repute" and I'm not sure if my reputation is 3, 30, 300, 3000...etc because the column is cut off, I only see 3.

All of those numbers are meaning less right now.  Please ignore them until we have the block chain in place.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

I noticed another thing I minus well ask here. For my accounts "Age" I see 1 but yesterday I saw 0, what is this? And the reputation column is cut off, I only see "Repute" and I'm not sure if my reputation is 3, 30, 300, 3000...etc because the column is cut off, I only see 3.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
Can more ID's be registered at this point within the app?  Sorry if this was asked already.

Actually I'm not clear on this, either. Does ticking the checkbox for "register" submit the mined ID to the blockchain, and will that registration be honored at formal launch (in other words, are these registrations permanent), or will all registrations besides the Founder IDs be wiped out at launch?

Hold on! Does this also mean that anyone can create an unregistered ID, and the only way that anyone can know about your ID is if you communicate your Public Key to them? Actually, that might be pretty cool.
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Can more ID's be registered at this point within the app?  Sorry if this was asked already.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:03:24 am by NineLives »
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline xOR

• View Profile
I've got the dialog "Creating Profile" 100% and it stays this way for already about 5 minutes. Should I wait more or something is wrong?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/La4EXe6.png

Same problem here. bytemaster said it's a known problem they are working on in an earlier post so I am waiting for an update on this.

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
RE: TESTING PROFILE / ID RECREATION / SHARED PRIVATE KEYS:

Bytemaster: are Keyhotee ID private keys deterministically created by way of a combination of information given when a Profile is created + when an Identity is created?

Everyone: Before anyone tries the following, I'd appreciate if one person would test this first and post a quick reply to this message, indicating what happens when you try to do the following. I'm curious because I have already tried the following, and I wonder whether the ID I created is therefore inaccessible to others:

I'd like to test using a profile as a public list-serve, where everyone shares the private keys. Someone please do this:

1) Launch Keyhotee
2) Click "New" (to create a new profile)
3) Enter the following in the respective fields (without the commas):
Code: [Select]
First name: freespace, Date of Birth: 2014-01-04, Brain Wallet Key: freespacefreespacefreespacefreespace (that's freespace typed four times in a row without spaces, all lowercase), Login Password: freespace (type it in the repeat password field also).4) Create a new identity; Keyhotee ID: freespace (then click "Save.")

If it's working the way I conjecture, it will create a Keyhotee ID named freespace with the following Public Key:

Code: [Select]
5fuCqfeyu4wUJwUaT8j8npNfb6pZcep4na7vP2STK3nYEw3Y4x
OR, maybe it will say that this Keyhotee ID is already taken? OR, maybe it associates Identities with profiles, so that when anyone recreates the profile (steps 1-3), they will find that it loads the Identity which I created in step 4 (because that Identity was mined into the blockchain, in association with the profile?

If the latter is the case (it loads the Identity already associated with the profile in the blockchain), maybe this is testing to see how well profile recovery works.

Again, whoever tries this first, please quote this message in a reply, and let me know what happens.

Thanks!

p.s. I've gone by the moniker "McGreedy" here, but I'm changing that to match the more professional (I hope) sounding "earthbound," which is the same as my Keyhotee Founder ID.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:00:02 pm by earthbound »
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline greyman

• View Profile
I've got the dialog "Creating Profile" 100% and it stays this way for already about 5 minutes. Should I wait more or something is wrong?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/La4EXe6.png

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
hi i download and first screen  ask for passport and license, must fill these fields?

I did not enter anything in the license filed. However it worked ok.
The fields should be marked as necessary if appliable.
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
@bytemaster what should i do if i mistype info while profile creation? Should i recreate profile and reregister keyhotee id?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2023.msg23595#msg23595

If you would like a do-over save your existing public key, delete your profile, then create a new profile.  Once complete send Stan a PM with your Keyhotee ID, PTS Funding Address, Old Public Key, New Public Key and we will update the database.

You may need to contact Stan

Better yet, reply to the email we sent you with your PTS/BTC address and all the above info.  This will help me keep things better organized than using PMs.  contact.us@invictus-innovations.com.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
osx client please... no timeline for it?

any news on osx build!?

I will post it when it works.  In the mean time there is a bounty for someone to beat me to it.

if i could, i would :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pinov

• View Profile
Approve pinov and pinof & earn BTSX on every transaction you make
wallet_approve_delegate pinov
wallet_approve_delegate pinof

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
@bytemaster what should i do if i mistype info while profile creation? Should i recreate profile and reregister keyhotee id?
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy