Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 83867 times)

Offline yidaidaxia

• View Profile
BM, the image in your post is invalid now...

When you launch Keyhotee for the first time you will be presented with the Profile Creation Wizard, this wizard will walk you through creating your brain wallet from which all of your private keys can be derived.  It is very important that you remember the information you enter here because it is not saved anywhere after your master key has been generated from it.  If you ever need to regenerate your master key you will have to provide the exact same information the second time. 

After your profile has been created you can create your first Identity under this profile by going to the following menu.

Which will bring up this dialog:

The display name is irrelevant and can be anything you would like as it will only show up on your computer.  The keyhotee ID should be the name you requested from us.   The Founder Code should be the PTS or BTC address we gave you to fund your ID.  If you paid for your Keyhotee ID through some other method and need your assigned code please contact Stan at contact.us@invictus-innovations.com. 

Your public key is deterministic given your profile and Keyhotee ID. 

If you enter a valid ID / Founder Code pair then the status should display the dollar value of your contribution as of December 25th, 2013.  Anything else will display an error. 

Whether or not there is an error you can still save the identity and share the public key with your friends who you would like to email until we launch the Keyhotee ID blockchain which will allow you to mine your ID and look up others by ID. 

To add a new contact click the New Contact button, enter a display name and their public key. 

At this point you should be able to send and receive emails using the system.   

We know there are a lot of bugs and things that need improved.  This is an alpha release which means it is not intended for anyone but those who can tolerate crashes and want to help fix things.  It will get much better over the next month or two as our guys work through the issues and refine the user experience.

Right now this system is using a dedicated centralized server in place of broadcast.  This means we can shut it down as necessary to make fixes.  Your email sent through this system may be more secure than other systems, but again this has not been through a security audit and there may be bugs. 

Download links will be posted here once we work through deployment issues.  More info coming soon.

Windows Download Link: http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/keyhotee_0.5.0.zip or https://mega.co.nz/#!WUk0xTIC!dqw_z3VbIagYlDA9Izur9Gmb-oxO_IMfMkErGGRPeHQ
If you would like to send me a message, add me as a contact with this public key: 7vdrPrn2ZXwg1bwT7YDnRVVqXorZp8DTU6TASJgDKpRhZz6Qfu
This will only work for alpha period and will not be my valid Keyhotee ID when we launch the official chain.

If you have problems registering or need to change your Keyhotee ID's Public Key, go to the Founder's Tab at the bottom of the page at Invictus-Innovations.com.  You can use the form provided there.
PTS: PmUT7H6e7Hvp9WtKtxphK8AMeRndnow2S8   /   BTC: 1KsJzs8zYppVHBp7CbyvQAYrEAWXEcNvmp   /   BTSX: yidaidaxia (暂用)
新浪微博: yidaidaxia_郝晓曦 QQ:36191175试手补天

Offline sunfree

• View Profile
BTC:1DbqsLhgSgZ6NF9ar2QMaY7beDXSmAuLbF
PTS:PdyT9zgq2DQNUb92A6jpQFpKrX3cWVwJdL

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
osx client please... no timeline for it?

any news on osx build!?

I will post it when it works.  In the mean time there is a bounty for someone to beat me to it.

if i could, i would :)

is there an update for Keyhotee OSX client Alpha launch? This would be really nice. Just curious
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Windows build, on my PC,  it doesn't seem be able to complete the profile creation step, always stuck at Creating Profile (100%).

Ctr-C closing the command line session resulted in invalid login when relaunch.

Known bug the guys are looking into this one

Anything we can do to help tackling this one? Or do you already know what the problem is?

One other problem: If the name contains special characters the folder generated in AppData contains wrong characters, looks like character set mismatch between what is used by the tool and what is written to the file system. I am using Windows 7 x64, running on standard NTFS file system which is using Unicode.
For example with First Name "Mister" and Last Name "Test ö Test ä Test ü Test á Test à Test â Test ß" the resulting folder name is: "Mister Test ö Test ä Test ü Test á Test à Test â Test ß".

Thanks for this report, I will file a ticket.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xOR

• View Profile

Windows build, on my PC,  it doesn't seem be able to complete the profile creation step, always stuck at Creating Profile (100%).

Ctr-C closing the command line session resulted in invalid login when relaunch.

Known bug the guys are looking into this one

Anything we can do to help tackling this one? Or do you already know what the problem is?

One other problem: If the name contains special characters the folder generated in AppData contains wrong characters, looks like character set mismatch between what is used by the tool and what is written to the file system. I am using Windows 7 x64, running on standard NTFS file system which is using Unicode.
For example with First Name "Mister" and Last Name "Test ö Test ä Test ü Test á Test à Test â Test ß" the resulting folder name is: "Mister Test ö Test ä Test ü Test á Test à Test â Test ß".

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Whatever is last recorded for your ID using this form rules. It will be used by my nifty Stanual Override process - patent pending - to overcome the alpha software blues.

:)

Hahaha....always thought this genesis block was going to be one big Stanual process  ;) .

Thanks for the muligan form.  I think I'm good to go but I might give it a do over if after a think I decide I want a better brain wallet, or one not generated on Windows (though it's a clean install).  What's the cutoff for Stanovers?  Sliding date based on when it Keyhotee comes out of Alpha?

Yes.  We will notify everybody many, many picoseconds in advance.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Whatever is last recorded for your ID using this form rules. It will be used by my nifty Stanual Override process - patent pending - to overcome the alpha software blues.

Hahaha....always thought this genesis block was going to be one big Stanual process  ;) .

Thanks for the muligan form.  I think I'm good to go but I might give it a do over if after a think I decide I want a better brain wallet, or one not generated on Windows (though it's a clean install).  What's the cutoff for Stanovers?  Sliding date based on when it Keyhotee comes out of Alpha?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I got a test message from Public Key 8f7Wepj8NEejZ9AkEDCaZZwkxxLPhDwhtdBSrv1vw4uvThvfi1 and It is Signed  Sy so that must be you. But no name is displayed.

Yep that's me and since you can't register without being a founder afaik all your messages should be from one. My guess is that the adresses aren't in the genesis block yet (that's why we all are doing this) so the names just aren't there to begin with.

Yeah that's what I think to. But do you see my name? Bitcoin3D. I am a Founder.

Am i right in thinking only Founders have valid keys to test with and therefore if its working (and it is we have swapped messages) then i think we are good?

I see now everyone one gets a play :-) how do we know if our founders ID has been correctly registered as it seems to act and appear the same as a non founder id?

We are working to produce better feedback in the tool.  When you first created your identity and entered your PTS address it should have printed your USD balance in the status string.  If you saw your balance you were ok. 

Things have been confusing because the real version will also support REGISTERING your ID with the blockchain via mining and the user interface does not make it clear that there is a difference.   We are preparing a new alpha that will provide better feedback for Founders.

Dan

In the mean time, take the Public Key you are happy with (after you are done making mistakes) and associate it with your Founder's ID using this form:

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up/

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I just looked at my Keyhotee again and it says "Registered" in green and "Keyhotee Founder" in yellow, but I have never registered a founder ID.

I don't know what this means, it just gives me the impression that I am registered.

Ignore all the colors.  Just use the tool to get your Public Key then use the form on the web site to associate the Key with your ID and be sure:

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up/

Offline Riverhead

I tried to sign up with my Founder ID and I don't have any connection to the bitshares network. In the terminal box It says no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. It won't let me send email the send icon is ghosted out and I can't use for anything, any Idea what I can do?

Give it some time.  It'll eventually register.  There is no mining currently but eventually you'll go green Registered with a gold Founder tag as well.

Offline tooncesthedrivingcat

• View Profile
I tried to sign up with my Founder ID and I don't have any connection to the bitshares network. In the terminal box It says no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. It won't let me send email the send icon is ghosted out and I can't use for anything, any Idea what I can do?

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Is there a Mac download? I want register my ID but i'm not on windows.

Offline bytemaster

Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

Are Keyhotee private keys revocable?

Yes, we have master keys and active keys.  Master keys can be revoked but not changed.  Active keys can be changed at any time.   The user interface for managing this is not yet in place.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

Are Keyhotee private keys revocable?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
I just looked at my Keyhotee again and it says "Registered" in green and "Keyhotee Founder" in yellow, but I have never registered a founder ID.

I don't know what this means, it just gives me the impression that I am registered.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke