Author Topic: Keyhotee Founder ID Registration Process  (Read 83819 times)

Offline auuma

• View Profile
I understand Keyhotee is delayed for one month. Is there any way at all to get a Founders ID at this point?
Donate: 1BNYhCvKdzVbTizKk81dVuKEqqcgoi8ukU

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile

Thanks for update. What if one person own two Keyhotee IDs, is it OK if he use the same identity?

This actually raised another question in my mind. If I have another persons information, what's stopping me from posing as someone else through Keyhotee? I mean like if I had my friends License and Passport/Social Insurance number and created a Keyhotee ID under his name? This would be easily done since you are aloud to have multiple identities.

There is still the brain wallet key which you would not know.
I have a question on having multiple Keyhotee ID's. I have several for various purposes, one for personal, one for business, and one for the wife. Is is best to create a separate profile for each ID so that a unique Brain Wallet Key Phrase is created for each plus a public key?

Then for example on my personal profile, I can add the company Identity so that I can manage both ID's from one profile, but the company ID could be separated to a different system in the future if needed by using the original profile information and Brain Wallet Key Phrase that was created for it.

Am I understanding this correctly? I just want to get it right before submitting it all to the Founder ID Registration site. Thank you.

Offline Riverhead

I am getting the Invalid ID/Founder Pair now too.
Well, based off that error I was getting in the status windows, looks like something might be off or a service is not running. No worries, Alpha is Alpha...  8)

Haha, no doubt. :)

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Well, based off that error I was getting in the status windows, looks like something might be off or a service is not running. No worries, Alpha is Alpha...  8)

Offline Riverhead

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Hi, trying out the new version 0.5.2, and I'm getting a "Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair" even after updating the founder sign up with my PubKey and Founder Code funding address. Is this a known issue or did I do something wrong?
Thanks.

May have done something wrong. I got the same public key after filling out brainwallet info (think only First name, Last Name, and BW seed matter) and my Founder ID now says Registered with my "points" displayed.  Gone is the green/gold label.
I removed the profile from AppData, created a fresh profile. Provided all the same info, received the same exact PubKey, pasted in the Founder Code from the email I received. Still saying Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair.

I am seeing this in the status window:
Code: [Select]
1699904ms th_a       NewIdentityDialog.cpp:119     display_founder_key_ ] Invali
d KehoteeID/FounderKey Pair: exception(unspecified)
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

1883177ms asio       asio.cpp:53                   error_handler        ] No con
nection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
1883177ms th_a       NewIdentityDialog.cpp:119     display_founder_key_ ] Invali

1887240ms asio       asio.cpp:53                   error_handler        ] No con
nection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
1887240ms th_a       NewIdentityDialog.cpp:119     display_founder_key_ ] Invali

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Hi, trying out the new version 0.5.2, and I'm getting a "Invalid ID/FounderKey Pair" even after updating the founder sign up with my PubKey and Founder Code funding address. Is this a known issue or did I do something wrong?
Thanks.

Offline Cryptocoinrank.com

• | I ♡ PTS |
    • View Profile
    • Cryptocoin Market Capitalizations, Statistics, Total Value Calculator, Live News Ticker
Let's see how it works in the new Keyhotee alpha release, perhaps as early as tonight...

Oh that would be awesome...because it's Friday night and I'm at home...does not happen very often, so a new Alpha version of Keyhotee tonight would really make me a lot happier  :D (but imo you should go out and have some drinks).
①②③| CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM | Cryptocurrency MCAP Rankings, Statistics, Portfolio Value Calculator, Live News | CRYPTOCOINRANK.COM |③②①
⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧-⇧

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Let's see how it works in the new Keyhotee alpha release, perhaps as early as tonight...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
Why my founder id shown as unregistered,  however i send few mails and form to register it with my public key?
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline cogitativecurve

• 2045.com
    • View Profile
Thank you for the thorough and timely response. If there was any urgency in my tone it is because I believe, heart-soul-and-mind, in everything going on here and don't want to be left out. Again, I know you are very busy, and I appreciate you responding. :) 
Dough-zhe Coins = DPHJXvQcLHCfnPg6Q5fYJpGJFQxsDLfBKd

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I got a test message from Public Key 8f7Wepj8NEejZ9AkEDCaZZwkxxLPhDwhtdBSrv1vw4uvThvfi1 and It is Signed  Sy so that must be you. But no name is displayed.

Yep that's me and since you can't register without being a founder afaik all your messages should be from one. My guess is that the adresses aren't in the genesis block yet (that's why we all are doing this) so the names just aren't there to begin with.

Yeah that's what I think to. But do you see my name? Bitcoin3D. I am a Founder.

Am i right in thinking only Founders have valid keys to test with and therefore if its working (and it is we have swapped messages) then i think we are good?

I see now everyone one gets a play :-) how do we know if our founders ID has been correctly registered as it seems to act and appear the same as a non founder id?

When you select a Founder ID under Contacts, if it's registered it says so, on a dark green background. It also says "Keyhotee Founder" on a gold background.

I did everything precisely as described. Registered on Invictus-Innovations.com. It finally connected to the network. But, now it still says unregistered under contacts. Should I wait some time (since I just did register on the website)?

Can someone please answer this. I have a lot of my hard earned money invested in, and precious time spent studying, Invictus. I did everything I was supposed to, including filling out the Founder registration on the website.

>>>>Is there a reason my Keyhotee won't connect? And
>>>>Why does my contacts show "aleph" status as UNREGISTERED?

If someone could respond to this, it would be much appreciated.

We are taking an entire extra month to make sure this turns out precisely right for everybody.  The Keyhotee team is working on the alpha tool to provide a better registration experience and will release an update soon to fix the above-mentioned issues.  We have provided a backup form on our web site where you can tell us exactly what should be registered so that I can personally hand-check all 340 of them.  We apologize for the alpha-esque nature of our alpha release and are working hard to improve it.

We understand that Founders are VIPs -- not alpha testers.  That's part of the reason we reserved the first 10,000 angel shares as a surprise benefit.  We really want to take good care of you.   :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cogitativecurve

• 2045.com
    • View Profile
I got a test message from Public Key 8f7Wepj8NEejZ9AkEDCaZZwkxxLPhDwhtdBSrv1vw4uvThvfi1 and It is Signed  Sy so that must be you. But no name is displayed.

Yep that's me and since you can't register without being a founder afaik all your messages should be from one. My guess is that the adresses aren't in the genesis block yet (that's why we all are doing this) so the names just aren't there to begin with.

Yeah that's what I think to. But do you see my name? Bitcoin3D. I am a Founder.

Am i right in thinking only Founders have valid keys to test with and therefore if its working (and it is we have swapped messages) then i think we are good?

I see now everyone one gets a play :-) how do we know if our founders ID has been correctly registered as it seems to act and appear the same as a non founder id?

When you select a Founder ID under Contacts, if it's registered it says so, on a dark green background. It also says "Keyhotee Founder" on a gold background.

I did everything precisely as described. Registered on Invictus-Innovations.com. It finally connected to the network. But, now it still says unregistered under contacts. Should I wait some time (since I just did register on the website)?

Can someone please answer this. I have a lot of my hard earned money invested in, and precious time spent studying, Invictus. I did everything I was supposed to, including filling out the Founder registration on the website.

>>>>Is there a reason my Keyhotee won't connect? And
>>>>Why does my contacts show "aleph" status as UNREGISTERED?

If someone could respond to this, it would be much appreciated.
Dough-zhe Coins = DPHJXvQcLHCfnPg6Q5fYJpGJFQxsDLfBKd

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Any updated Keyhotee file to fix the login issues? Sorry, I may have missed a file link.

Offline Riverhead

Hello.

I registered a founders ID ad now I can't figure out where to download the Keyhotee alpha and get into the genisis block.

I'm on mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Me too,  I only can se the download link for windows,  but I don't have (and don't want) a windows machine.

So,  someone could share the download link for Mac?

Thanks.

There is no OSX client yet.  You can follow the bounty thread to get a better idea of how close an OSX client is:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1977.msg24385#msg24385