Author Topic: BitShares Whitepaper(s)  (Read 13048 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Pull request are fine .. and the prefered way to contribute. Thank you very much. I'll look through it tomorrow

Offline roadscape

Well done.. these are coming along nicely!

I cloned & made a pull request.. is that the right way?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just uploaded a new version of the financial smart contract whitepaper ..
Thanks @CryptoPrometheus for his valueable input .. he fixed alot of my wording issues :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I decided to publish the LaTeX source just now: https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/bitshares-whitepapers
Anyone of for some contributions?

Someone brave to draft reading the General Overview whitepaper?
https://github.com/BitSharesEurope/bitshares-whitepapers/raw/master/pdfs/bitshares-general.pdf
I expect alot of work still to be done before "officially" publishing this paper, but I felt the need to include the community in the progress.

Note that the other papers in the pipline are also in that repository but there is a long way to go .. still

Offline mint chocolate chip

The new Bitshares Whitepaper is very well done, great work xeroc.

Small edit, 3 times you use a dash (user-issued) and 3 times you do not include the dash (user issued).

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
what do you think xeroc .. we should display the WP prominent on frontpage of bithares.org as well
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Solid read. Good work.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I publish a new version with most of the comments in this thread considered ..
It now also holds a version number and git revision tag .. (git repo will be published soon)
At the moment there are some more edits incoming that will hoefully make the paper easier to read .. Then I consider moving from RC-1 to RC-2 and later to a (more or less) stable release ..

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
I finally got the first release candidate for the first whitepaper approved by Daniel.
Smore more are in the pipeline and this is how I imagine the set of papers for BitShares 2.0
  • Financial Smart Contract Platform: Description of the core products UIA, MPA and the DEX.
  • Market Engine: Borrowing rules and margin calls. #mpa #borrow #short #margincall #collateral
  • General: The general concept of BitShares. #wallet #network #bts #accounts
  • Structure: BitShares as a business (DAC). #income #cost #profit #feeschedule
  • Growth: Incentives to grow the BitShares ecosystem are described and scalability is address. #referral #approval #lmax
  • Consensus: Addresses the consensus mechanism of the BitShares blockchain. #dpos #tapos #forks
  • History: The history of BitShares #pts #ags #bts0.9 #sharedrops

Any input or assistance is welcome.
Sources will be release when I get the time to clean up the repository.

Cheers

Excellent work as always, cheers!!!

Offline Thom

Yep, both WITH and IN are correct grammar, though WITH is best IMO. And yes, I am a native english speaker and writer, but have been known to make mistakes too :)
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

jakub

lies WITH
...if I am not mistaken.
lol three non english natives :)
Yea, I'm trying to use google to compensate for my not being native but I wouldn't trust myself.
A native speaker's advice would be appreciated.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 +5%  +5%  +5%

I am expecting some brownies to get transferred on this account:  https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/xeroc

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Page 6
The primary risk is individuals are responsible for protecting the cryptographic private keys that sign transactions proving ownership of assets.
The primary risk lies in individuals being responsible for protecting the cryptographic private keys that sign transactions proving ownership of assets.

lies WITH
...if I am not mistaken.
lol three non english natives :)

jakub

Page 6
The primary risk is individuals are responsible for protecting the cryptographic private keys that sign transactions proving ownership of assets.
The primary risk lies in individuals being responsible for protecting the cryptographic private keys that sign transactions proving ownership of assets.

Page 10
Furthermore, since KYC/AML verification can be outsourced via whitelists, a gateway that holds costumers funds in terms of IOU backing fiat does not necessarily have direct access to your identity  as  was  the  case  with  Mt.Gox where  thousands of identities have been stolen.
.. customers ...

Page 10
In the Bitcoin ecosystem, we demand at least 100% reserve.
Shouldn't be BitShares?

Page 11
In contrast to central exchanges, the IOUs are sent directly to the wallet of the customer directly and are under his full control.

Page 12
In this paper, we have laid out the foundations of the BitShares network to shift the paradigm of classical banking towards peer-to-peer financing at large scale.
In this paper, we have laid out the foundations of the BitShares network aimed to shift the paradigm of classical banking towards a large-scale peer-to-peer financial infrastructure.
(to finance = to provide funding for a person or enterprise)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:40:54 pm by jakub »

Offline GaltReport

Very nice.  Professional looking.