Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Committee Member]:bitcrab

<< < (3/5) > >>

bitcrab:

--- Quote from: Samupaha on January 08, 2016, 04:02:20 pm ---I urge everybody to remove their votes for bitcrab.

He persuaded an exchange to start to vote with BTS that belongs to their customers. This is not recommended behavior and bitcrab did it without even asking opinions of other members of the Bitshares community.

--- End quote ---

calm down please, no need to be so angry.

everybody have enough time to express his/her opinion on this, although yunbi had voted,  it haven't made any real change up to now.

actually

lil_jay890:

--- Quote from: Samupaha on January 08, 2016, 04:27:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: lil_jay890 on January 08, 2016, 04:13:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Samupaha on January 08, 2016, 04:02:20 pm ---I urge everybody to remove their votes for bitcrab.

He persuaded an exchange to start to vote with BTS that belongs to their customers. This is not recommended behavior and bitcrab did it without even asking opinions of other members of the Bitshares community.

--- End quote ---

Not recommended behavior according to who?

--- End quote ---

To anybody who is serious about running a decentralized business. Shareholders can't just go and do risky moves themselves without discussing first pros and cons with other people. What bitcrab did was very reckless and I strongly think that we shouldn't have people like him in our committee.

--- End quote ---

Trying to restrict people from doing something isn't going to help bitshares perception at all... its a free market and a default feature to be able to vote.  Eventually the word was going to get out to exchanges that they can vote with their stake.

TravelsAsia:

--- Quote from: Samupaha on January 08, 2016, 04:27:46 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

To anybody who is serious about running a decentralized business. Shareholders can't just go and do risky moves themselves without discussing first pros and cons with other people. What bitcrab did was very reckless and I strongly think that we shouldn't have people like him in our committee.

--- End quote ---

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying here.  You are claiming that Bitcrab didn't have the right to talk to an exchange about a feature that's ALREADY available to the exchange? I didn't know you were his keeper.

People bitch and complain about voter apathy, somebody steps up to help and you believe he's reckless?

Samupaha:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

lil_jay890:

--- Quote from: Akado on January 08, 2016, 04:14:45 pm ---There's possibly a strong conflict of interests here. What if we reach a level where we're competing with these exchanges? They can just jeopardize the entire project so they remain competitive.

--- End quote ---

Removing votes for a committee member who supports this doesn't remove the ability of the exchange to vote... There is no way to combat this unless money is taken off the exchanges.

But removing money from exchanges, in which we derive price feeds, may cause whipsaws due to lower liquidity.  Pick your poison

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version