Author Topic: Short Term Roadmap  (Read 9278 times)

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
1.  Prevent margin call from being triggered unless the price feed is less than call price  (popular demand)
2.  Refund 99% of order placement fees on cancel
4.  Launch a Demo/Dev chain that gives all signups a significant balance and an opportunity to play with all of the features.

I like these.
what's wrong with 3?

I haven't said it's wrong. 
but if 3 is the reason to make the order-fill fee high, it's hard for me to like it.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Someone askedmax wright if he was doing more videos. He replied he was waiting for a better gui. Chris 4210 suggested we get together, hash out a design everyone wants to see and hire someone to get it built on top of our open source code. How about it?

Chris 4210 suggested: Get a team of 3-4 people, create the design and get some VC funding. There is so much money in Fintech! Do not say directly its for Bitshares.. I have seen www.number26.de with 50.000 new users in 4 months and www.cashcloud.com rised + $1 million EUR for a simple new bank interface, why not us? I meet Sven Donhuysen (Founder of cashcloud) on a conference in Switzerland today and i will contact him again to look for synergies to add Bitshares as an additional technology. I think we need to be more public about the great technology we have with BitShares and what it can deliver to us all.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
1.  Prevent margin call from being triggered unless the price feed is less than call price  (popular demand)
3.  Split order-fill fees with referrers for all trades involving BTS
4.  Launch a Demo/Dev chain that gives all signups a significant balance and an opportunity to play with all of the features.

@bytemaster - Whats our biggest hurdle right now? Volume?  I really urge you to keep your eye on short term goals and stability. Not too many knee jerk reactions as that may look desperate.Im not sure whats happened over the last few weeks. Is it partly exchanges, the gui, the volume, the margin calls or a combination of everything?

We need to promote this demo day. Thats a good idea.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I like these.
what's wrong with 3?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

I like these.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Should brown excrements be offered in any thread you guys dare to post in?

This is the best news after 2.0  launched, and in many respects ever since 2.0 was announced. [in my as usual - not humble (but correct) opinion]
Most of the time like with Linux or anything when you have x.0 you're going to have a lot of bugs. It's usually not until x.1 or x.2 that you get a long term stable release. Just look at KDE 2.0, KDE 3.0, Gnome 2.0, Linux 2.0, and you'll see what I mean.

Improvements can be made to Bitshares and through iterative improvement it will grow in users.

That was meant at the lack of response to the real good news.

I understand the bug thing and am very soft on them if you have not read my posts. I only complain about GUI bugs that render the execution of the very same thing it is supposed to do  completely impossible.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:57:52 am by tonyk »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Should brown excrements be offered in any thread you guys dare to post in?

This is the best news after 2.0  launched, and in many respects ever since 2.0 was announced. [in my as usual - not humble (but correct) opinion]
Most of the time like with Linux or anything when you have x.0 you're going to have a lot of bugs. It's usually not until x.1 or x.2 that you get a long term stable release. Just look at KDE 2.0, KDE 3.0, Gnome 2.0, Linux 2.0, and you'll see what I mean.

Improvements can be made to Bitshares and through iterative improvement it will grow in users.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
+5%

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

You might not know it, but I LOVE you when you make sense.

[and I am even willing to  even give you a pass, as in the cat never falls in its back,  for the  "popular demand" instead of the true reason 'common sense']

It is  + 1  many times, off course!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:34:44 am by tonyk »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.