Author Topic: Who are (or who could be) the powerusers of Bitshares?  (Read 4031 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The power users for bitshares are altcoin traders.
Altcoin traders like poloniex and it doesn't matter if altcoin traders like it for irrational reasons, they just like it.
Longer term bitshares market maybe forex trading but for now we should target altcoin traders directly.

This means copying exactly what poloniex do.

we need a normal login like they have.
we need 2fa like they have.
we need a fee structure like they have.
we need a GUI like them with a troll box

I disagree with your traders. we need real world traders and get away from crypto pumpers in my opinion.

apart from that, I agree with your features. except: make the trollbox optional :)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
The power users for bitshares are altcoin traders.
Altcoin traders like poloniex and it doesn't matter if altcoin traders like it for irrational reasons, they just like it.
Longer term bitshares market maybe forex trading but for now we should target altcoin traders directly.

This means copying exactly what poloniex do.

we need a normal login like they have.
we need 2fa like they have.
we need a fee structure like they have.
we need a GUI like them with a troll box

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
In his book Zero to One Peter Thiel gives one advice that might be useful for Bitshares: start small and monopolize.

This means that a startup business should try to find a small audience that it can serve really well. Paypal did this with eBay powersellers – people who were selling lots of stuff on eBay. After three months of dedicated effort, 25 % of them were Paypal users. Before Paypal the payment processing of eBay deals was really a pain in the ass, so it made a big difference and it wasn't that hard to acquire new active users. Of course, when the sellers were using Paypal, also the buyers started to use it.

Can we find the poweruser group for Bitshares? Are there people who would greatly benefit from our services? If we find that group, devs should let them be the top priority for a while. After we have the initial traction, we can start to scale up and concentrate on other users/markets.