Author Topic: Starting Point for Network effect.  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
This is a great idea bitsacer and i think use of the nanocard really help move us towards the simplicity required as kuro points out.

Offline bitacer

What if we create incentives , grant them something like a nano  debit card from ccedk and tie its acoount with other cryptos using ccedk's gateway ? The goal here should be transparancy and accountability .

Offline kuro112

you mentioned churches, bts and other smart coins could be used to gather tithing and supplement other payments, it would be a struggle teaching religious people about cryptocurrenies however, so the mechanism for doing this would need to be polished and require no explanation....

the only advantage to this i can see for an org is no chargebacks or fraud payments, but from a consumer perspective it will probably never be easier than swipng a credit card.

this is the problem faced with all real world use cases, at what point is it worth the hassle?
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline bitacer

Hello my friends , I have been thinking a lot lately about how to create a network effect and I am not sure if this was brought up here on forums before, but my proposal is this ; we need to demonstrate bitshares's use cases to masses in real life situations.  I believe every member of this community can start doing this by inviting those organisations near them to bitshares . Those organisations that  already keep their accounts open to public or to its own members. The first ones that come to my mind are charities and non-profit organisations. If a member of our communty manages to convince any of these organisations-no matter how small, could be a church in your neighbourhood ,to use bitshares platform ,  that would set an example for others. I my self am willing to allocate some of my funds if a UIA was to be created for this purpose .One example I would like to give is thi ; the insurance bussiness we all use today was first started by small communities in scotland to look after widows of those fisherman who neve returned home. Humans learn when see things demonstrated to them and see what it does and how its used. This thing needs to start somewhere , somewhere good. Let me know about your thoughts. Thank you.