Author Topic: Open Beta: Testing the Tip/Sharebot Today @ Noon!  (Read 89642 times)

Offline Tuck Fheman

What is " rage quitting"?
Deleting your forum account I guess

Correct. AKA going "Tuck Fheman" or "Charles Hoskinson". ;)
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Just a heads up to anyone else that rage quits the forum.

From my testing this appears to be the case, if it's not I'd be welcome to hear why it's not accurate with something other than the usual, "FUD", "drama", "slow clap" responses given to those testing the bot.  :-\

• If you have funds in ShareBits from tips or otherwise you will not be able to withdraw your funds after rage quitting.* So withdraw before rage quitting. ;)
  • If you don't withdraw your funds before rage quitting, someone else can recreate your account on the forum and take all of your funds via tips.
  • You can recover your funds by recreating your forum account under the same name and transferring the coins to another account you control via tips.

* The bot, at least regarding withdrawals, is tied to the userid # associated with your forum account afaict. So recreating your account under the same name later will not grant you withdraw permissions, because you won't receive a withdrawal code private message. Someone else who recreates your account under the same name can withdraw your funds by tipping another forum account they control.

Also for those unaware, you can tip like this on Twitter ...

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey tonyk, here are the results of your tips...
  • fuzzy: has been credited 1 HIGHFIVE
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline konelectric

The sharebits is working. Let the sharing begin (again).
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of response from our side.
We've been pretty much working round the clock on gamebet.gg and have a marketing campaign set for the weekend, so we've been pretty much excessively busy with it.
Fuzzy has been extremely helpful in letting me know of down times - I'd conveyed the message to @hybridd as soon as I came to know of it.
However, the issue is with the Bitshares RPC itself and that's Kuro's forte. He's been AFK for a while post a 36 hour work-athon on the product at gamebet.gg, so as soon as he's on, he'll be able to fix whatever's wrong. I understand the downtimes are a little messy but its mostly due to updates / fork requirements from Bitshares - and the frequency with which it occurs.   Ideally as Kuro updates it - the fee too is lowereD (responding to an earlier post)

For.. those using this as an "opportunity"
Please tell me.. another product with live bug fixing / open responses to down times. Please do not misuse transparency as a means to spread malice, fear and drama.
There's already too much on my plate to focus on, and am sorry if our own enterprise is a focus at this point of time.

I'll ask Kuro to be on it - as soon as he's on, sorry for the downtime.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:33:54 am by Xypher »

Offline Tuck Fheman

Can anyone else connect to the bot?

It's been around 14 hours since I've checked and I still can't connect.

The bot is a lot of fun and a great tool when it works it simply doesn't seem to be working most of the time I try to use it over the past month or more.

I want to tip people on Twitter and reddit but I check to see if the bot is working first (to avoid the question of "wtf is this?" because the bot doesn't tip them for days) and most times it's down.  :-\

Is anyone else experiencing issues with it when trying to tip or even getting your page to load to check balances or is it just down for me, most all of the time lately?

Is it out of "Beta" yet @fuzzy ?  If so there's still much work to be done or something needs to be done to keep it up for longer stretches for it to be a viable and useful tool for BTS IMHO.

Far too much downtime from my point of view.  I broke this thing in during the early days and loved it but it's losing it's luster fast due to simply not being operational for long periods of time.

Are the haters DDoS'n it?  :P

Offline Tuck Fheman

Is the bot down again? Need to give a FISTBUMP to Lil Buterin.

Offline fuzzy

To tip someone one forum (or anywhere), do I have to be login on Sharebits when I do this? And do I have to be login with a security code?

no. you do not. all you need to login for is account management :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline konelectric

Error 524 Ray ID: 28027fb92cd91fbe • 2016-03-08 01:28:06 UTC
A timeout occurred
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline konelectric

Is it just me, or has everyone else also had trouble logging into sharebits.io today?  Every time I try, it says "waiting for www.sharebits.io" for several minutes before timing out.  Any ideas?  I haven't had trouble accessing any other sites.

Me too, which is kind why I asked the question I did. But I would like my question answered as if Sharebits was working properly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:35:31 am by konelectric »

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
*update*
Hybridd responded and told me he would look at it when he gets home.

He and Kuro have been working non stop on gamebet's new UI over the past few days.
Sorry for the delay.

Do we have any news on this @Xypher ?

@Xypher,
Ronny from @ccedk noticed that the sharebot doesn't seem to be gaining any of the referral income it should.  Can you check into why the referrals aren't working?
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015