Author Topic: [docker] Images for full-node, delayed-node, cli-wallet and web-wallet  (Read 4669 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just upgraded the core bitshares/bitshares-2 container ..

Offline kuro112

If i had done a little more research this would have saved me so much time, you sir are a hero.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
I have an account with codeship. It can compile docker containers as well. I haven't played with that functionality yet, but I use codeship to test/build non-docker containers at the moment but I know they support docker containers as well.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
That's good news ... would I actually need to have the bitshares-2 (core container) be built automatically is MORE RAM .. Either I submit a worker proposal to pay for a docker plan or I compile them on my own ..

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
Good news form Docker:

Dear Docker Hub User,

Next week Docker Hub is releasing a significant upgrade to our autobuilds functionality and infrastructure. This upgrade will offer dynamic matching of git branches and tags as well as faster builds.

With this new release, the Docker Hub build system can now be configured to dynamically trigger builds as your team creates new git branches and tags. So if for example you create a new git feature branch named “great-new-feature”, the build system will automatically build a docker image tagged as “great-new-feature”. This allows Docker Hub autobuilds to fit seamlessly into your development and deployment workflow. It is configurable to support full dynamic matches, regex filters, or simple static matches.

We have also overhauled the backend of our build system to provide you with faster builds. Our old system had a global build queue which (at peak times) caused delays of up to 2 hours on builds. Now, each user will have their own build queue. This way, your builds will execute immediately.

Finally, we are providing control over executing multiple builds in parallel. The Automated Build system will execute as many builds in parallel as you have private repositories. So if for example you are subscribed to our 10 repo “small” plan, you could execute 10 builds simultaneously. Users of our free plan (which includes 1 free private repo), can execute one build at a time.

The new build system will be released early next week. If you aren’t already using Automated Builds on docker, this is a great opportunity to try it.

Best regards,
The Docker Hub Team

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I added some instructions to ease the build for the basic Amazon Linux image and I've got a full node with RPC up and running at 52.23.94.205.

Edit: Got connected with:

ws://52.23.94.205:9080 !!
Very cool .. I merged your PL

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
I added some instructions to ease the build for the basic Amazon Linux image and I've got a full node with RPC up and running at 52.23.94.205.

Edit: Got connected with:

ws://52.23.94.205:9080 !!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:10:48 am by wmbutler »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
xeroc, happy to give you the use of a fat AWS image if needed. Just let me know.
Thank you very much .. for now I got access to a machine from mindphlux (thanks again) ... but I will keep your offer in mind! Thanks

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
xeroc, happy to give you the use of a fat AWS image if needed. Just let me know.

Offline Riverhead

Latest docker build process now purges the temporary build files and should make the container a lot smaller ..
Currently building the container .. stay tuned

+5% Great project!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Latest docker build process now purges the temporary build files and should make the container a lot smaller ..
Currently building the container .. stay tuned

// hub.docker files are updated now! Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:15:16 pm by xeroc »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I no provide some start scripts and documentation in the README.md
the repo structure has change to faciltate the build and run procedure
the web wallet container can now also be used provided the user extracts the web wallet sources and manually adepts the web socket api server (maybe I can change this later on)

Who is willing to do a testrun on a digitaloceans machine? they support docker natively and I assume it will be deployed with just a few mouse clicks

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I updated the OP .. I encourag everyone that has docker instaled to give it a try and let me know if something breaks

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D