Author Topic: Ldger - Marketplace Lending Is Exploding  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Ui programming is hard. Ppl dont understand this. U need to leverage existing work or u will wither away.

Jump on coin base and it's obvious. I think our front end needs the work and perspective from a user who is not a dev.

It's important to recognize that Coinbase's UX was developed independently from Bitcoin devs. We should be after Moonstone not Cryptonomex. IMHO they should be focused on the protocol - the stuff that currently only they can do.

100% agree with these posts. I finally see CNX's attitude moving in the right direction regarding UX, at least from what BM says. Lets see if they actually follow through or loose focus and abandon the formidable undertaking for some other "solution" to the success / adoption problem.

I know there are lots of people in this community that would love to see moonstone get more support and collaboration from CNX. Why the hell they've been "left out in the cold" is one of the biggest business mistakes CNX has made IMO. Although I may not have an insiders perspective and perhaps there are reasons why such a collaboration hasn't happened, it certainly isn't clear to me and many others why a closer relationship with Talaunt's Moonstone team hasn't been pursued. It seems like a natural fit. Gifted UI / UX teams are about as rare as the innovation CNX brings to reality. It's about time CNX realizes they should outsource UI / UX to those better able to deliver in that area.

In what way have they been left out in the cold?
We designed the referral program so that third parties would have plenty of incentive to jump in and produce something better than we can.  Check my posts.  100% supportive of competition from Rune and Data and Moonstone and... you get the idea.

We work together with Talaunt's team on Muse for example.  There is no lack of cooperation or access there at all.

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Thom

Ui programming is hard. Ppl dont understand this. U need to leverage existing work or u will wither away.

Jump on coin base and it's obvious. I think our front end needs the work and perspective from a user who is not a dev.

It's important to recognize that Coinbase's UX was developed independently from Bitcoin devs. We should be after Moonstone not Cryptonomex. IMHO they should be focused on the protocol - the stuff that currently only they can do.

100% agree with these posts. I finally see CNX's attitude moving in the right direction regarding UX, at least from what BM says. Lets see if they actually follow through or loose focus and abandon the formidable undertaking for some other "solution" to the success / adoption problem.

I know there are lots of people in this community that would love to see moonstone get more support and collaboration from CNX. Why the hell they've been "left out in the cold" is one of the biggest business mistakes CNX has made IMO. Although I may not have an insiders perspective and perhaps there are reasons why such a collaboration hasn't happened, it certainly isn't clear to me and many others why a closer relationship with Talaunt's Moonstone team hasn't been pursued. It seems like a natural fit. Gifted UI / UX teams are about as rare as the innovation CNX brings to reality. It's about time CNX realizes they should outsource UI / UX to those better able to deliver in that area.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Riverhead

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Margin trading is the main feature a lot of people are waiting for and lending is perhaps the only way to bring liquidity. Why would someone with 1000 BTC put their 1000 BTC onto Bitshares if nothing can be done with it? It's an opportunity cost not worth it.

On the other hand with 5%-10% interest, or yield, suddenly it makes all the sense in the world.

Exactly, non traders finally have a way of earning money by lending, providing liquidity for traders. Both non traders win and we can attract even more People. I really believe thats what we need

But non of that is obvious or intuitive in the app itself. Even the multi dig screen isn't obvious how to use unless you're following this forum. Everyone talks about the trading screen, but to a non trader like myself, the whole front end isn't intuitive or user friendly. Jump on coin base and it's obvious. I think our front end needs the work and perspective from a user who is not a dev.

Everyone agrees with that and it's being worked on  :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Margin trading is the main feature a lot of people are waiting for and lending is perhaps the only way to bring liquidity. Why would someone with 1000 BTC put their 1000 BTC onto Bitshares if nothing can be done with it? It's an opportunity cost not worth it.

On the other hand with 5%-10% interest, or yield, suddenly it makes all the sense in the world.

Exactly, non traders finally have a way of earning money by lending, providing liquidity for traders. Both non traders win and we can attract even more People. I really believe thats what we need

But non of that is obvious or intuitive in the app itself. Even the multi dig screen isn't obvious how to use unless you're following this forum. Everyone talks about the trading screen, but to a non trader like myself, the whole front end isn't intuitive or user friendly. Jump on coin base and it's obvious. I think our front end needs the work and perspective from a user who is not a dev.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

it's because BitShares is too hard to understand and too difficult to follow.

I agree it's too hard to understand.  Hopefully we'll soon just see Graphene based apps that seem no different from the mainstream exchange and payments apps. I'll be surprised if upcoming apps even have voting and asset issuance at the surface. App creators will get command of voting, in the same way bitsapphire was going to with moonstone.
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
it's because BitShares is too hard to understand and too difficult to follow.

jakub

Personally I find this really frustrating. Every single time we get overlooked. If it's because we still don't have a complete and finished product that just works for the average joe, like you suggest, then we're not doing ourselves any favors. I'm going to give us another 6 months to get a finished and polished product to market with this worker proposal.
My 2 cents
I think there are actually 2 reasons:
- unfinished products
- incomplete documentation

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Personally I find this really frustrating. Every single time we get overlooked. If it's because we still don't have a complete and finished product that just works for the average joe, like you suggest, then we're not doing ourselves any favors. I'm going to give us another 6 months to get a finished and polished product to market with this worker proposal.
My 2 cents

Offline GaltReport

+5% to all of this.  There is the whole micro=lending business as well as companies like prosper:

https://www.prosper.com/

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
The hard part I have with not being considered for projects like this is not knowing whether BitShares has a brand or an incompleteness problem.

We don't have a brand because of our incompleteness problem lol. People can't associate BitShares with anything, first because we dont have complete, solid products, second, because people dont even understand bitshares. So for that reason we're just "another" project.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
The hard part I have with not being considered for projects like this is not knowing whether BitShares has a brand or an incompleteness problem.
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.