Author Topic: BitShares TL;DR. Explain in one line  (Read 3204 times)

jakub

We have three distinct user groups (traders, online merchants and online consumers) so we need to have a different one-liner for each of them.
IMO addressing all three at once is counterproductive.

Traders: "Decentralized exchange and industrial-grade financial smart contract platform"
Online merchants: "Acquiring online payments can be profitable instead of being a cost"
Online consumers: "Financial independence: digital peer-to-peer cash"

EDIT: actually there is a forth group - potential investors/shareholders:
Investors: "DPOS - it's the shareholders who decide the path BitShares will take"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:21:15 pm by jakub »

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

BitShares is a Financial Plaform that allows for Bond Markets, Prediction Markets, SmartContracts and more with Market Pegged Assets and User Issued Assets, all in a Transparent, Flexible and Dynamic way, provided by the shareholders themselves. Shareholders choose the path BitShares will take!

Something like that. Kind of simple, mentions important features everyone wants and bitshares has (will have) and that it's all in the power of shareholders. Appeal to their ego, which doesn't make it less true. shareholders decide the future of bitshares.

At least that's how I explain it to the people I know.

I like this one. But add the word scalable.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
BTS- The World's First Peer to Peer Financial Exchange
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Centralized Bitcoin Exchanges have a failure rate of 45%*. BitShares is a Decentralized, Blockchain Exchange. Don't get 'Goxxed', use BitShares.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

38PTSWarrior

First exchange which cannot be hacked because it uses p2p technology.

Tips: bts-thirty-eight.pts-warrior

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
BitShares is a Financial Plaform that allows for Bond Markets, Prediction Markets, SmartContracts and more with Market Pegged Assets and User Issued Assets, all in a Transparent, Flexible and Dynamic way, provided by the shareholders themselves. Shareholders choose the path BitShares will take!

Something like that. Kind of simple, mentions important features everyone wants and bitshares has (will have) and that it's all in the power of shareholders. Appeal to their ego, which doesn't make it less true. shareholders decide the future of bitshares.

At least that's how I explain it to the people I know.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:52:12 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Bitshares is a decentralized exchange for market pegged and user issued assets utilizing delegated proof of stake to secure the network.

+5% Yup. /thread

Offline DestBest

But my feeling is Graphene exchanges demand a new word.  They're completely unprecedented as a noun.
The name "DPOS 2" is not helping either in describing our consensus structure; we might need a new noun for that too.
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Bitshares is a magniexchange.

Bitshares is a populexchange.

Bitshares is a congloexchange.

Bitshares is a myriexchange.

Yes I made those words up. But my feeling is Graphene exchanges demand a new word.  They're completely unprecedented as a noun.
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline monsterer

All the advantages of bitcoin, but with stable value
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

Bitshares is a decentralized exchange for market pegged and user issued assets utilizing delegated proof of stake to secure the network.

Offline DestBest

Throwing ideas:

- BitShares is like Bitcoin with fiat-pegged token and on-chain trading.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin with better anonymity and less volatility.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin with built-in referral program.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin with human-readable account name and less pollution.

- BitShares is like Bitcoin with voting on who produce blocks, every elected block producer is profitable.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin with every Blockchain-Clone sharedroping on BTS holders.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin with better decentralization.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin with faster transactions.

- BitShares is like Bitcoin but instead of burning 1M$/day of electricity, the money is spent on paying elected dev and high performance elected node.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin but for financial contracts.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin but for traders.
- BitShares is like Bitcoin but instead of giving the power to the miners, it's given to the token holders.

It depends on who you are talking to.
Great initiative  +5%
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
BitShares are like bitcoin but ethical and the economic incentives for perpetually sustainable incorruptible financial security and privacy are aligned correctly

How would you edit this sentence to improve it's succinct accuracy?

I don't know the context of where your sentence is needed, but I got a little carried away and wrote this in response... it probably needs some work and I'm not sure if it's relevant to what you're trying to write anyway.. but it's always fun to try and boil this down. :P

BitShares (BTS) is the core asset of a decentralized exchange.  This exchange allows participants around the globe to transact value with anyone online using their choice of various fully collateralized smart-coins, issued by the exchange.  The exchange itself utilizes an adaptive model of self governance, which serves to align economic incentives among participants for the continued development of a sustainable, fraud-proof, and voluntary economic system.

EDIT: I realized this doesn't qualify under the 'explain in one line' category, but.. I'll keep trying.

This is an excellent effort.....I was going around in circles trying to say the same thing but the words kept escaping me  :D

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
BitShares: Antithesis of The New World Order

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
BitShares are like bitcoin but ethical and the economic incentives for perpetually sustainable incorruptible financial security and privacy are aligned correctly

How would you edit this sentence to improve it's succinct accuracy?

I don't know the context of where your sentence is needed, but I got a little carried away and wrote this in response... it probably needs some work and I'm not sure if it's relevant to what you're trying to write anyway.. but it's always fun to try and boil this down. :P

BitShares (BTS) is the core asset of a decentralized exchange.  This exchange allows participants around the globe to transact value with anyone online using their choice of various fully collateralized smart-coins, issued by the exchange.  The exchange itself utilizes an adaptive model of self governance, which serves to align economic incentives among participants for the continued development of a sustainable, fraud-proof, and voluntary economic system.

EDIT: I realized this doesn't qualify under the 'explain in one line' category, but.. I'll keep trying.