Author Topic: Can't trade on Openledger. Newbie!  (Read 3761 times)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
We've chipped away at the biggest ones. Pretty happy with where we stand on the big front.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline EstefanTT

This user posting in our forum and going through all these troubles is an exception. For 1 we see there is 20 who give a quick shot at the client, give up immediately, think BitShares is crap and with others theirs bad experience.

I hope we are about to have these kind of bugs resolved, it hurts our image a lot  :-[

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Try this again after the 2.0.15.1202 release on Wednesday and report back please. In particular, we are trying to ensure that impossible trades never happen (regarding fees) and are trying to provide feedback when/if things do go wrong.
BitShares needs an Heuristic evaluation

H2-9
Help users recognize, diagnose, and recover from errors
Error messages should be expressed in plain language (no codes), precisely indicate the problem, and constructively suggest a solution.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Try this again after the 2.0.15.1202 release on Wednesday and report back please. In particular, we are trying to ensure that impossible trades never happen (regarding fees) and are trying to provide feedback when/if things do go wrong.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

tarantulaz

Finally, something you probably have already noticed is that when you click to the amount you have (so that it can insert that full amount into the trade box) ie you click on the 100 obits so that you can sell them, it subtracts the fee in obits.

The amount you are can trade is shown to be 99.62 obits, but then you pay the fee in bitshares. So if you wanted to trade the whole amount, you will have some left overs.

tarantulaz

Well I am really confused now... First of all I would like to thank you guys for transfering 100bts to me. I didn't realise that earlier, as I have 3 accounts.

1 was the on that is omiros23. I asked ronny to send the obits to another account named omiros12345 because I was confused about how the backups etc are used.

Anyways, 1-2 days ago I managed to transfer obits and pay the fees in obits for a transfer I did, of 20 obits to my 3rd account that I created in the client in case that would solve the problem. Now the weird thing is that I can't transfer obits without paying the fee in bts, when I did that 1 day ago. None of my accounts that have obits can transfer them...

I tried to exchange a tiny amount of OpenBTC that I had but it failed, for which I got a message on the client (not just console). I am also trying to transfer the BTS akado send me and the wallet doesn't respond.

There was an update regarding fees where you could choose to pay the fees in BTS, still not sure if that was implemented or not. Just check if you can choose  how to pay the fee. As for the wallet not responding, never happened to me. Are you using the light client or the hosted wallet? It might be your browser? Or have you tried on both and multiple browsers? Does that always happen? You should be able to send the BTS i sent you to the account from which you want to transfer your OBITS and pay the fee.

Basically I had tried everything. On the light client I managed to transfer the BTS to the other wallet, but then on the other wallet I couldn't trade the obits (in the light client). I was getting that error on the top left saying something like 'can't execute this'.

Then I tried firefox without addons and without them it didn't work. I was unlocking the wallet, clicking the confirm button, but then I was getting a script error (it was getting freezing) for a while and then the transaction was not getting broadcasted and I was getting an error message saying that the transaction had failed.

Finally, I run firefox with addons on (several safety addons including https everywhere) back and the transaction was broadcasted.

What an odd situation. Thanks a lot for your help and I will send you some extra BTS for your help. It looks like the main problem was arising from the fact that I never holded any BTS in my accounts, but there were also some bugs both on the broswers and the client.

What is deceiving is that it looks like you can pay the fees in OBITS, when you actually need to pay them in BTS.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Well I am really confused now... First of all I would like to thank you guys for transfering 100bts to me. I didn't realise that earlier, as I have 3 accounts.

1 was the on that is omiros23. I asked ronny to send the obits to another account named omiros12345 because I was confused about how the backups etc are used.

Anyways, 1-2 days ago I managed to transfer obits and pay the fees in obits for a transfer I did, of 20 obits to my 3rd account that I created in the client in case that would solve the problem. Now the weird thing is that I can't transfer obits without paying the fee in bts, when I did that 1 day ago. None of my accounts that have obits can transfer them...

I tried to exchange a tiny amount of OpenBTC that I had but it failed, for which I got a message on the client (not just console). I am also trying to transfer the BTS akado send me and the wallet doesn't respond.

There was an update regarding fees where you could choose to pay the fees in BTS, still not sure if that was implemented or not. Just check if you can choose  how to pay the fee. As for the wallet not responding, never happened to me. Are you using the light client or the hosted wallet? It might be your browser? Or have you tried on both and multiple browsers? Does that always happen? You should be able to send the BTS i sent you to the account from which you want to transfer your OBITS and pay the fee.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

tarantulaz

tarantulaz

I suggested to do that earlier, but even I didn't listen to me. I even installed debian on a virtual machine and I tried every browser + the lite client but nothing happened. I will try it in a bit and I will let you know.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
sent 100 BTS to omiros23, check if it works now

Offline svk

I've identified the bug, it happens to accounts that have never held any BTS at all so there is no balance object to check.

I pushed a fix but it won't go live till Wednesday. To work around it, if you can get someone to send you some BTS you should be able to make trades, any amount would work.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

38PTSWarrior

I deleted firefox on android. Installed again and then it worked. Like charm!

tarantulaz

connecting to wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws
app.js:8 Configured for BitShares Object
3app.js:4 db init done
app.js:57 ChainStore Init
app.js:57 synced and subscribed, chainstore ready
app.js:57 AddressIndex load 0
app.js:57 AddressIndex save 10
app.js:88 time to process limit orders: 8 ms
app.js:88 time to construct orderbook: 21 ms
app.js:88 time to process limit orders: 4 ms
app.js:88 time to construct orderbook: 14 ms
app.js:57 Uncaught Error: argument is not an object id: null

So I got that error in the end. Any reason behind it?

Offline svk

I tried everything. I tried Chrome and Firefox with and without plugins... I updated all my java software... I downloaded the light client, transfered some obits there and still nothing. Then I got firefox on my android phone and used the account with the few obits and still nothing... Anyone that has found a solution to this?

How long do I have to wait after I press the sell button? Do I need to hold bitshares to trade?

After trying to place an order, can you open your dev console and copy paste the output if there's anything. In Chrome, right click anywhere on the page then click "Inspect Element", then choose the "Console" tab.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

tarantulaz

I tried everything. I tried Chrome and Firefox with and without plugins... I updated all my java software... I downloaded the light client, transfered some obits there and still nothing. Then I got firefox on my android phone and used the account with the few obits and still nothing... Anyone that has found a solution to this?

How long do I have to wait after I press the sell button? Do I need to hold bitshares to trade?