Author Topic: UI Progress  (Read 5879 times)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Voting needs a total ui overhaul and I plan to tackle that in late January.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
One thing, on worker proposals, there's the info about the worker proposal and the status. However it reads too small. Status is important to know if you have already supported the worker proposal or not, it should have its own space or at least be more visible.

I say this because i thought i already voted for a worker proposal and once I clicked on "approve" the status changed from "Supported" to "Neutral". I had no previous indication showing I had already voted for that worker proposal.

So either the approve button doesnt appear with a green colour and instead appears something like "Remove Support" or the status needs to be more visible. I'd say both.

On the Balances table we have, showing Percent of Total Supply. Could we have a Percent of Holdings or something like that? To know which percentage we're holding in BTS, bitUSD or other assets? To know the amount of assets on one's portfolio.

We should also have a red or green arrow in the direction our percentage is changing. If it goes up in the last hour or down, it should be indicated by how much it went up or at least make it green.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I like the trollbox idea as well. Moves things into realtime :)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
One thing, on worker proposals, there's the info about the worker proposal and the status. However it reads too small. Status is important to know if you have already supported the worker proposal or not, it should have its own space or at least be more visible.

I say this because i thought i already voted for a worker proposal and once I clicked on "approve" the status changed from "Supported" to "Neutral". I had no previous indication showing I had already voted for that worker proposal.

So either the approve button doesnt appear with a green colour and instead appears something like "Remove Support" or the status needs to be more visible. I'd say both.

On the Balances table we have, showing Percent of Total Supply. Could we have a Percent of Holdings or something like that? To know which percentage we're holding in BTS, bitUSD or other assets? To know the amount of assets on one's portfolio.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:42:14 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

Sounds like we are basically all in agreement on this - have a sticky setting to disable it. Does anyone know if there is any progress on a trollbox?

+5%

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Sounds like we are basically all in agreement on this - have a sticky setting to disable it. Does anyone know if there is any progress on a trollbox?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Troll box? A chat interface is different than a troll box, if what I've seen elsewhere is a troll box.

I hate the damned things, they just provide a lot of noise and nonsense to distract what I'm there for. If people more or less stayed on point like the chat window in mumble I could see it possibly being useful. In my experience it's 50 zillion convos between separate groups of people and hard to track a single group / convo.

If you know what the old school telephone party line was, a troll box is like that but with many different conversations occurring in real time simultaneously. It would be like a mumble session where fuzzy is talking with BM on one topic, I am talking with Stan on a different topic, DataSecurityNode is talking with kencode on yet another, all at the same time in real time. A real audio mess. That's how I feel a troll box is in text.

I'm OK with adding one so long as it isn't visible by default. It would be a terrible I/F for support. Private chat on the other hand would be perfect.

the chatbox/trollbox is a reflection of people using the platform.  Bitshares users are few in number and love bitshres. I think you would find the quality of chat would be much much higher and by the time it was like poloniexs trollbox we would have loads of liquidity which is what we are aiming for.

I think it needs to be on by default with the option to disable it.

I agree. The aim should be to make the exchange sticky. You can't make it sticky without a troll box and it should be always visible unless the user hides it.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I would prioritise a troll box so we can all chat on the exchange instead and answer each others questions in real time.

this will be our customer service.
+5% +5%

Offline Thom

Troll box? A chat interface is different than a troll box, if what I've seen elsewhere is a troll box.

I hate the damned things, they just provide a lot of noise and nonsense to distract what I'm there for. If people more or less stayed on point like the chat window in mumble I could see it possibly being useful. In my experience it's 50 zillion convos between separate groups of people and hard to track a single group / convo.

If you know what the old school telephone party line was, a troll box is like that but with many different conversations occurring in real time simultaneously. It would be like a mumble session where fuzzy is talking with BM on one topic, I am talking with Stan on a different topic, DataSecurityNode is talking with kencode on yet another, all at the same time in real time. A real audio mess. That's how I feel a troll box is in text.

I'm OK with adding one so long as it isn't visible by default. It would be a terrible I/F for support. Private chat on the other hand would be perfect.

You are really surprised? Everyone else wants this yesterday. No one is forcing you use a trollbox/chat interface, you are free to minimize it on Poloniex.

I just glanced at their one and theyre talking about wallets and altcoins - really offtopic.

Openledger looks dead and Poloniex looks alive with activity, partly because they show their trollbox by default.

Like I said, I'm OK with it as long as I don't have to turn it off every time I open the wallet. It can even be on by default as long as its state is captured by settings or personal preferences.

@donkeypong you are absolutely right, it's not my preferences or yours or BM's or JonnyBitcoin's. This should be decided by consensus as always. Issues like this do overlap with marketing objectives, which conceivably may not always align with the shareholder consensus. I look forward to the day when the tools and mindset around here allow this type of decision to put before the widest audience to gather input.

Youtube allows you to set filters, for example to list by upload date. However, they don't persist my preferences so every time I use youtube and want a list I MUST fiddle with the filters. It's really annoying.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

You are really surprised? Everyone else wants this yesterday. No one is forcing you use a trollbox/chat interface, you are free to minimize it on Poloniex.

I just glanced at their one and theyre talking about wallets and altcoins - really offtopic.

Openledger looks dead and Poloniex looks alive with activity, partly because they show their trollbox by default.

Tuck Fheman

Mess or not, it's what seems to attract people and helps form communities. May not be practical in terms of but it attracts users.

I agree with both of you. BTC-e's trollbox was what got me hooked on cryptocurrency.

Hell I was one of it not the first donator to help support trollboxarchive.com. ;)

But as the ban's came (lulz) and time went by I grew weary of it and have never bothered with one again.

I see it sort of like Thom now, it's just noise ... to confuse new people out of their money. ;)

Once you grow a conscience, in my case, or make enough money it's no longer useful outside of the occasional blurb.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Mess or not, it's what seems to attract people and helps form communities. May not be practical in terms of but it attracts users.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

the chatbox/trollbox is a reflection of people using the platform.  Bitshares users are few in number and love bitshres. I think you would find the quality of chat would be much much higher and by the time it was like poloniexs trollbox we would have loads of liquidity which is what we are aiming for.

I think it needs to be on by default with the option to disable it.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

What you and I think does not matter, though I'm right there with you. Those boxes remind me of a neighborhood post that all the dogs have to go pee on. But if someone actually will spend more time on the platform and trade because they are addicted to the endless noise of a chatterbox, then we probably need one. It seems to me that a straight up chat/messaging function would work much better for customer service and serous discussion.

@donkeypong are you talking about the starred markets? Make sure you have the latest version because I think it's pretty simple at this point.
Correct. It's a little better every time I try it.

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html