Author Topic: Then, let's talk about Increasing Fees  (Read 3574 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Whatever it will be,  the most important thing is to be a simple stupid one for consumers,  not an  all in one giant trash.
As for me,  the client performance of bts2.0 is good for me,  but it is really hard to use comparing with other exchanges,  like poloniex,  bitoex,  cryptosy etc.

Here's an excerpt from someone (I won't name them, but they're HUGE and hope they don't mind me posting this) that I respect in the cryptocurrency ecosystem ...

It's amazing how the most competitive, centralized space is the one that he [Dan] still is choosing to go after when the solutions offered by bitshares in any other market are revolutionary and not in need of improvement besides a real UI design.

The reasoning is thoughtful though.  Becoming marginally successful in the exchange space prevents us from going into other markets with bottlenecks around liquidity and tight pegs, which are necessary in these other markets, such as payments.  What markets did this person have in mind that would allow us to bypass these bottlenecks?
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
Whatever it will be,  the most important thing is to be a simple stupid one for consumers,  not an  all in one giant trash.
As for me,  the client performance of bts2.0 is good for me,  but it is really hard to use comparing with other exchanges,  like poloniex,  bitoex,  cryptosy etc.

Here's an excerpt from someone (I won't name them, but they're HUGE and hope they don't mind me posting this) that I respect in the cryptocurrency ecosystem ...

It's amazing how the most competitive, centralized space is the one that he [Dan] still is choosing to go after when the solutions offered by bitshares in any other market are revolutionary and not in need of improvement besides a real UI design.

Yeah,  the UI design is everything for consumers,  and it has to be real for consumers,  not programmers.  As for me,  the killer app for a currency is making payments (just like making calls for a phone),  and every works should take this as guiding princle, target use case,  not any other fancy profound idea in the programmers mind. Following this idea,  the killer app to realize payment should be on a phone,  ios and android.  You dont bring your laptop to 7-11 to buy a coke.
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Tuck Fheman

So I think you came up with it on the fly.

Nope, it was a pm.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

My bet was on CH...but Google does not know who wrote that quote... So I think you came up with it on the fly.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
... the reasonable thing to do is to exame the system for what is actually done wrong

As soon as we can figure out what the system is, then we can examine it.

I have no clue what BitShares is at this point. When I first heard about it, it sounded like the greatest thing since nude pictures of Holly Peers on the internet.

Now, it kind of looks like a nude picture of Christine Lagarde, but my vision is sometimes bad ... kind of like BitShares'. ;)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
I think sarcasm is 90% lost in writing... 100% lost in translation. :(
You misunderstood me. It's not a sarcasm.

I am serious. I can create a proposal to increase fee on Monday.

Yes but you want to increase the fee to show that high fees are not the answer, which is why it's a bit sarcastic.
;)
delegate-clayop

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Yes but you want to increase the fee to show that high fees are not the answer, which is why it's a bit sarcastic.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

delegate-clayop

Tuck Fheman

... the reasonable thing to do is to exame the system for what is actually done wrong

As soon as we can figure out what the system is, then we can examine it.

I have no clue what BitShares is at this point. When I first heard about it, it sounded like the greatest thing since nude pictures of Holly Peers on the internet.

Now, it kind of looks like a nude picture of Christine Lagarde, but my vision is sometimes bad ... kind of like BitShares'. ;)

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

oh sarcasm... sorry that I mistaken it as a serious thing,and forgot to bring my sense of humor.

Tuck Fheman

Yeah, that's always bit me in the ass, but I'm amusing myself at least. ;)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.