Author Topic: [Ann] Electrons.io Open Beta Testing [Ann]  (Read 12545 times)

Offline kuro112

I sent 3000BTS to electron-io over an hour ago with my BTC address in the memo field. Nothing has happened so far, I have not received any BTC.

looking into it right now
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline hpme

• View Profile
I sent 3000BTS to electron-io over an hour ago with my BTC address in the memo field. Nothing has happened so far, I have not received any BTC.

Problem solved.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:52:06 pm by hpme »

Offline Riverhead

hopefully none of that drama dissuaded users from giving this a try, after all its completely free to use...

There certainly isn't anyone that doesn't know about this project now :).

Offline kuro112

hopefully none of that drama dissuaded users from giving this a try, after all its completely free to use...

seriously, run 1k bts through it and compare rates, its pretty awesome to exchange from inside your wallet or openledger.

looking to add uia support by tomorrow or the next day, after we finish up some other stuff for sharebits.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline kuro112

We will be adding UIA support very soon, maybe just the top 10 or something.

will keep you updated
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Forgive my ignorance but how is this different/better than shapeshift or metaexchange?

Haha this funny.

First let me repeat that Metaexchange is the BTS related project that I respect the most. [after the only one better, imho,  decided to pursue Bigger and far more unrealistic dreams, that is]. Meta still has competitive advantages - relative orders for now, and I do trust them to come  with some sort of bond market even before BTS itself does.

What are these guys [Electrons]  actually saying is - Screw you Shapeshif and your business model...financed with millions of USD, mind you. This is so ridiculously simple, we can provide the same [or better] service for free... and code it in our sleep!

exactly, meta has their own niche market, this service is actually not intended to compete with them, but rather work parallel  - actually this system uses our barter exchange api, which we will be announcing in the future, but suffice it to say maybe meta would want to use our api to enhance their features in the future, who knows.

We are not here to battle other services, but like kuro said, compliment them.
We have an in-house system that should empower exchanges to possess both market liquidity and optimal pricing.
Announcements will be made post completion of the tipbot
Regards

Offline kuro112

Forgive my ignorance but how is this different/better than shapeshift or metaexchange?

Haha this funny.

First let me repeat that Metaexchange is the BTS related project that I respect the most. [after the only one better, imho,  decided to pursue Bigger and far more unrealistic dreams, that is]. Meta still has competitive advantages - relative orders for now, and I do trust them to come  with some sort of bond market even before BTS itself does.

What are these guys [Electrons]  actually saying is - Screw you Shapeshif and your business model...financed with millions of USD, mind you. This is so ridiculously simple, we can provide the same [or better] service for free... and code it in our sleep!

exactly, meta has their own niche market, this service is actually not intended to compete with them, but rather work parallel  - actually this system uses our barter exchange api, which we will be announcing in the future, but suffice it to say maybe meta would want to use our api to enhance their features in the future, who knows.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Meta still has competitive advantages - relative orders for now, and I do trust them to come  with some sort of bond market even before BTS itself does.

@Shentist pls do
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Haha this funny.

You are good in reading minds, aren't you?
I truly admire what the guys at Shapeshift are doing and in terms of age, I was still a boy when the man behind Shapeshift made his "name" in crypto, but yes, we genuinely believe its BS that you require that much in funding to do what the system does. I wish them all the best and look forward to competing with them as this slowly grows. For the moment, its a boot-strapped inhouse project made open to the public for free.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Haha this funny.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Hey,

Am incredibly glad you asked.
In the case of shapeshift, you have dynamic addresses, which means you are required to send the $'s to a different wallet each time (and then the exchange is done) and sent back. This is a hassle if you use the system often and are required to paste wallet id's often.

In comparison, our system uses a single address( electrons-io) and exchanges the currency at the best possible rates from multiple sources and sends you btc.
This means, you can actually exchange without ever going to electrons.io. All you truly need to do is just go to your wallet, select amount of bts to be exchanged, send  to electrons-io with your bitcoin address as the memo and the system sends it. Basically you can entirely circumvent ever visitng an exchange or electrons.io and get your coins exchanged to Bitcoin right from interacting from your wallet.

Also, this needs to be verified and proved, but from our internal tests so far, we have been able to repeatedly provide the best rates.

P.s - I have massive respect for shapeshift and metaexchange. We are only building on what they laid foundations for and believe we can do better.

Regards

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
This is great, imho.

Also I think bitsharestalk's database  updated on me.. I do not who's wise or not so comment was it, but I believe someone posting here.

[Changing your mind is fine, in my book. I do it at a rate of about 30 times a minute ... on average]

Hey Tonyk,

Thanks for the kind words. Really feels good to hear this coming from you.
We stay commited towards improvement and aspire to deliver optimal solutions for the masses.

Regards

What can I say - at least you know those are not some made up compliments, but something I really think.

And while on the topic of thinking - I really do not think the spamming the forum with a response post by the tip bot is necessary. Sending a PM to the tip sender should be good enough.... my 2      *10^18 brownie.pts

Let me put it from a marketer's perspective.
Currently, it "serves" to (our) best interests that the bot is making those posts. The idea is to get the culture of tipping integrated into the forum.
I'll try and get a stats page so we have metrics to judge in terms of how the number of tips are growing.

Having that said,
Yes, its ugly as fuck to have the bot post all over the place. As the number of tips increase and people increasingly tip (which they luckily are), I believe we should take it down.

It really is about building that culture. Once its in, we can probably have it pruned or integrated via  a buttom and (pm) only.
I understand your frustration on the spam, and I see where its comng from.
We'll soon plug it off - preferably as soon as we are off beta.

And yes, those compliments are worth a bit considering how rare they are.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
This is great, imho.

Also I think bitsharestalk's database  updated on me.. I do not who's wise or not so comment was it, but I believe someone posting here.

[Changing your mind is fine, in my book. I do it at a rate of about 30 times a minute ... on average]

Hey Tonyk,

Thanks for the kind words. Really feels good to hear this coming from you.
We stay commited towards improvement and aspire to deliver optimal solutions for the masses.

Regards

What can I say - at least you know those are not some made up compliments, but something I really think.

And while on the topic of thinking - I really do not think  spamming the forum with a response post by the tip bot is necessary. Sending a PM to the tip sender should be good enough.... my 2      *10^18 brownie.pts
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:33:43 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.