Author Topic: [ANN]Now Open: ShareBits CrowdDonations  (Read 15719 times)

Offline kuro112

@kuro112 I donated but I put the btstip.io tip code in the memo.  :(

haha no problem bro, we saw your donation, thanks so much for your support!

look out for more updates as we refine the business model and numbers, add more valuable features and bring large volume users onto our platform.

we have a long way to go, but thanks to @hybridd @fuzzy and @ccedk we are taking the market by storm, so you know, shareholders rejoice :D

on a side note, look our for the dates on our sharedrops, we know you guys are looking to get in on the action and we will update you soon.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline bang-king

@kuro112 I donated but I put the btstip.io tip code in the memo.  :(

Offline kuro112

it's my first time sending donation.  I have bts so how to i donate?  and what is memo?

@bang-king

Please send all bitUSD, bitCNY, BTS donations to acct: browniedistro

use memo: For sharebot

To those who have contributed thus far, we got some social media integration up, a forbes article featuring us, and were producing more features every day!

thanks so much for your support, we will continue delivering awesome features as long as you need them :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:55:32 pm by kuro112 »
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
ShareBits.io's Launch Bringing 'Crypto' Technology To Mass-Market Solutions

To support the BitShares community in making the Sharebits make a difference out there in the real world, and allow an increasing amount of new interested parties, users and projects enjoy the Bitshares 2.0 platform Openledger, the Sharebits has managed to get a space in the Forbes window, I hope you all enjoy and will help spread the news. Lets give this article a warm welcome with lots of twitter love, facebook and linkedin mentioning as well as Reddit upvotes etc, and then once you are done, you can start tipping all the connections you has managed to bring this message out, by simply sending a tip via the new BitShares project Sharebit.io

Enjoy, and lets get the fun started :)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/11/15/sharebits-ios-launch-bringing-crypto-technology-to-mass-market-solutions/
Modify message

can they share some UIA's on those platforms?

Yes, UIA tipping will be possible on every platform we support.

Offline fuzzy

To support the BitShares community in making the Sharebits make a difference out there in the real world, and allow an increasing amount of new interested parties, users and projects enjoy the Bitshares 2.0 platform Openledger, the Sharebits has managed to get a space in the Forbes window, I hope you all enjoy and will help spread the news. Lets give this article a warm welcome with lots of twitter love, facebook and linkedin mentioning as well as Reddit upvotes etc, and then once you are done, you can start tipping all the connections you has managed to bring this message out, by simply sending a tip via the new BitShares project Sharebit.io

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2015/11/15/sharebits-ios-launch-bringing-crypto-technology-to-mass-market-solutions/
Modify message

can they share some UIA's on those platforms?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bang-king

it's my first time sending donation.  I have bts so how to i donate?  and what is memo?

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

Modify message
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Just checking that I see how this works.  If I share an asset with a random girl on Twitter, then she clicks my link, claims the asset and passively joins my referral network.  The ShareBot also takes .1bts which it adds to the cost of transfer.  Is this correct?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:39:01 pm by carpet ride »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline fuzzy

**First and foremost---I am speaking only for myself here and if you want @ccedk @kuro112 @emailtooaj @Freebieservers to give their opinions, they will have to speak up themselves because it is unfair to them for me to put words in their mouths so-to-speak.

1)  Will this project be closed source, or open source and licensed? If it is closed source, will there be a transparent way to audit that everything is working properly?
This is up for grabs but currently it is closed source.   It could be opened up, but I would prefer not at this moment.  Licensing, however, would be something for which I would press. 

2)  Do you plan to ever dilute the Sharebit UIA to more than 250k in the future? Who will be the official trustees?
It is possible.  If the community feels that a feature being added would be worth another Crowd Donation for, say, 20k more ShareBits to receive the money to add a feature in.  Of course, it might also be possible for us to add functionality and charge for it to be added.  My honest thoughts though are that after 1 year this ShareBot and its ShareBits will be so big that this ShareBot will become huge, will earn us more than enough to pay for the basic updates, maintenance, additions...etc.  Because of this value other services will likely want to pay to have their services integrated (and part of these payments could actually be given as a "bonus" dividend payment/token buyback).

3)  Do you have any built in mechanism for funding future development of the bot? For example, do you plan to allocate a percentage of the referral income towards ongoing development? In your breakdown I saw $1200/year for maintenance fees, but I don't remember any mention of an ongoing development fund.
The idea is largely to use the tx fees received to help pay for that maintenance.  The “ongoing” development fund would likely be more of a pool of money that we hold and use as needed because as much as you want to plan for something…in the coding world it often doesn’t matter what is “planned”.  Far better to save funds and use them for emergencies.  I am also pretty certain that CCEDK and myself would be interested in helping pitch in if it was completely necessary ( for instance if the community for some odd reason doesn’t want to fix it or add what we may truly believe to be a killer feature).  But then again, we are giving a very large portion of this bot to the community so I would be stunned to see them not support a little worker proposal funding here or their to make sure it functions and grows as they want it to.

4)  I'm very interested to hear about how do you plan to implement dividend payments to UIA holders (high level, of course ;))
Payouts on a regular schedule.  This might be daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly….etc. 

5) Last - out of curiosity, If you end up sharedropping ShareBits UIA onto BTS and Brownies holders, how much is that going to cost? Aren't there like 60,000 addresses? That's a lot of transaction fees! 
This is a question that I am very glad you brought up.  Let’s ask @kuro112 and @hybridd what they have to say.  From my perspective, though, it is more important to give everyone in the BitShares community a valuable stake in ShareBits because it embodies everything they need to successfully earn referrals from across the most heavy traffic social media and other sites.  This means that the cost is worth it...and it will at the very least be substantially lower since the account sending them will be a lifetime member account :)

Edit: One final question I have - how will the project be governed? Will ShareBits UIA holders have a say in any decision making processes going forward, or will it be "centrally" governed by Beyond Bitcoin and CCEDK? My personal (unsolicited) opinion is that it would have a much higher chance of success if you did not try to formally involve the token holders in much (if any) of the decision making processes. I know this isn't even possible yet (until hopefully FMV releases their UIA voting software), but nevertheless I am wondering about how you envision the tipbot to be "governed", i.e. who is pulling the trigger on major and minor decisions?
Governance of the project shouldn’t be too much of an issue as the only real decisions needing made would tend to be neutral decisions that would benefit all users via maintenance or upgrades.  Here are a few things I can think of that would need a few individuals to make a final decision:
A)  To ensure ease of use improves
B)  When to upgrade/update
C)  If a feature is needing added (for instance…making the ShareBot work with, say, joomla), a community member could pay out of pocket or ask for a worker proposal to pay for it to be added.
D)  Whether fee distribution needs to change in some way due to a number of factors.  Personally I feel it is partially my job to try to get these things covered and as such I am going to be working to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.
However, after a year of this bot being used, it will likely be bringing plenty to help pay for these fees.  In addition, since this bot is specifically being used by bts community and will be sharedropping so heavily onto them, I am also not against a worker proposal helping pay for some of the most vital or community-backed changes/maintenance/upgrades if they are required and the bot is unable to make it 1 year without needing those updated.
I say this because beyond bitcoin has run very very lean for the past nearly 2 years---having a delegate pay us approximately $500-700/mo for somewhere in the realm of 6-9 months and has arguably brought some of the greatest value and uniqueness to the BitShares ecosystem  (I mean everyone just ask yourselves if BitShares would be the same without Beyond Bitcoin and I am pretty sure most would say it wouldn't be).  We have shown time and time again that we use less money than we should and bring lots of value to the table for it. 
In my mind, at least, the community who gets sharedropped on will likely be willing to look at situations and make decisions on whether or not to help fund it.  But it is definitely in their best interest to do so…because they basically have a better version of some other crypto-talk competitors that bitcoin has just waiting for them to support and build it up.  BitShares having something equivalent to LTB that is born and NATIVE to the bitshares environment (which no other crypto-talk shows do) is priceless. 
If we can expand and have our own community’s project managers/reps holding hangouts and various other initiatives, you will see beyond bitcoin become what it was truly meant to be.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:47:46 pm by fuzzy »

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
@fuzzy @kuro112 @ccedk

Great Initiative!

I saw fuzzy mention that the OP was only a pre-proposal, so maybe some of these questions can't or don't have answers yet, but I figured I would just rattle them off anyways.

Here goes:

1)  Will this project be closed source, or open source and licensed? If it it closed source, will there be a transparent way to audit that everything is working properly?

2)  Do you plan to ever dilute the Sharebit UIA to more than 250k in the future? Who will be the official trustees?

3)  Do you have any built in mechanism for funding future development of the bot? For example, do you plan to allocate a percentage of the referral income towards ongoing development? In your breakdown I saw $1200/year for maintenance fees, but I don't remember any mention of an ongoing development fund.

4)  I'm very interested to hear about how do you plan to implement dividend payments to UIA holders (high level, of course ;))

5) Last - out of curiosity, If you end up sharedropping ShareBits UIA onto BTS and Brownies holders, how much is that going to cost? Aren't there like 60,000 addresses? That's a lot of transaction fees!

All in all, I think this project has a lot of potential, if done correctly. I am no expert on the "correct" way to do this, but I am very encouraged by the way you are approaching it so far.

Edit: One final question I have - how will the project be governed? Will ShareBits UIA holders have a say in any decision making processes going forward, or will it be "centrally" governed by Beyond Bitcoin and CCEDK? My personal (unsolicited) opinion is that it would have a much higher chance of success if you did not try to formally involve the token holders in much (if any) of the decision making processes. I know this isn't even possible yet (until hopefully FMV releases their UIA voting software), but nevertheless I am wondering about how you envision the tipbot to be "governed", i.e. who is pulling the trigger on major and minor decisions?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:37:44 am by CryptoPrometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline fuzzy

I think everything is just fine, Fuzzy. I was only trying to get the numbers worked out in my own head.

Best not to tweak anything at this stage IMHO. You'll never get agreement from everyone and what is here is just fine.

It might not be a bad idea instead to add a "buy back" mechanism instead of fees going out to these tokens.  Then we could essentially send them to a "burn" address of sorts.  Then the supply would decrease and it would even out the issue that I think is the primary one (and is GOOD that it was brought up): that of the % of fees distributed.  @Riverhead I still don't think it is that bad either--kind of makes me think of what John Underwood said when answering the question about dropping on brownies (and i'm paraphrasing...not quoting):  We need to think bigger and beyond just what we are receiving in terms of tokens...we have a chance to make a REAL CHANGE here! 

Now with that said, even if we keep to the current model, I expect a reasonable level of divestiture over time...so the amount of fees going to initial founders will likely get lower over time while the holders of the tokens increase in number.  Also (and I can only speak for myself here) any funding I receive will likely end up going to helping build Beyond Bitcoin (bitshares) in various forms (better mic, better pc, more funds to go toward toward tools for future beyond bitcoin guest speakers/moderators...etc). 

One final note:  if bugs come up or we want to expand features, it will be FAR more easy to fix them or expand this bot's feature set if we have it a bit more centralized in terms of cash flow around those who have organized (and bought in) in the earliest (and most risky) stages.  So it isn't entirely a bad thing from my perspective to have a good bit more centralization early on while we make sure everything is polished and beautiful.  That is, of course, unless all those getting sharedropped tokens (because of the investors) and those investing also want to help pitch in to ensure those bugs get fixed and features expanded after the fact (but that just doesn't seem to make sense to me). 

What are your thoughts? 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:46:35 am by fuzzy »

Offline Riverhead

I think everything is just fine, Fuzzy. I was only trying to get the numbers worked out in my own head.

Best not to tweak anything at this stage IMHO. You'll never get agreement from everyone and what is here is just fine.

Offline fuzzy

I am personally open to working with the community to find a more acceptible proposition/distribution.  This needs to be used and I want to ensure that happens. 

I honestly had this set as a pre announcement beforehand but changed the name to "announcement". 

This is a place where it is important to talk with the community.

So please give me thoughts and ideas!