Author Topic: owner bitshares.org  (Read 2387 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
sure .. (for me in personal, a referral link doesn't build same trust as NO-referral) - AND if we would do this .. i would prefer to fund the site development due the referral ... currrently this work is unpaid ..

sorry, and the point is?

this community decided to go the referral path, so we should use him. Makes no sense to not get referral income from the main source (bitshares.org).

so, as of now, the question was answered, i will start a new thread to get opinions.

this thread can be closed

the point is clear to me ..!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
sure .. (for me in personal, a referral link doesn't build same trust as NO-referral) - AND if we would do this .. i would prefer to fund the site development due the referral ... currrently this work is unpaid ..

sorry, and the point is?

this community decided to go the referral path, so we should use him. Makes no sense to not get referral income from the main source (bitshares.org).

so, as of now, the question was answered, i will start a new thread to get opinions.

this thread can be closed

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
^this!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
we are constantly looking for income, but why is the bitshares.org website not a referral?

- it could be a steady income for funding etc.

- we need just a lifetimeaccount in control of the committee members

- we should fix this

Offline mint chocolate chip

3. A current Copyright in the footer.
4. A simple message that states something like "Bitshares is a registered Virginia corporation and does not give legal or financial advice. Delegates and Workers for Bitshares are paid directly by said company blah blah.."

Please note that the current BitShares website and software are public domain and all copyrights have been forfeit. There is no legal entity called BitShares nor is there any corporation that owns or pays for it.
Where will the referral income go to then for people landing on the website, because the top affiliate could be... the owner of bitshares.org

https://who.godaddy.com/whoisstd.aspx?domain=bitshares.org&prog_id=GoDaddy
Domain Name:BITSHARES.ORG
Registrant Name:Stan Larimer
Registrant Organization:Invictus Innovations

you can point your referral links to bitshares.org, so anyone.
Are we sure it is passing the referrer name to the "Online Wallet" link, I don't see the referral name in the OpenLedger URL after someone arrived at bitshares.org via a https://bitshares.org/?r=affiliate link - I didn't test it all the way.

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
Just look it up here: http://whois.domaintools.com/bitshares.org

It's Stan via Invictus Innovations.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
From what I know talking to Dan and Stan, bitshares.org is supposed to be "owned" and governed by the bitshares community. (@Stan could you confirm this?)

you can simply send a pull request, @cass or me will review it and merge the pull request.
We can also need some hands keeping the bitshares.org page up-to-date.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
you can point your referral links to bitshares.org, so anyone.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
i would like to know who is the owner and in control of bitshares.org

and who will get all the referral fees from their side?

i see only the openledger wallet promoted and not the other walletpartners, so is it Cryptonomex?