Author Topic: Totally lost with Bitshares migration....Help!  (Read 1571 times)

Offline kuro112

i REALLY recommend you do it first with cli, then install the web gui end, heres a small guide i wrote:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19612.msg251784.html

instead of the import_key section, try import_balance

Code: [Select]
import_balance nathan [5KQwrPbwdL6PhXujxW37FSSQZ1JiwsST4cqQzDeyXtP79zkvFD3] true
hope i helped, let me know if i can be of further assistance.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline diginerv

That did it, thanks bitcube. I had to create a new wallet first, I didn't see that step mentioned anywhere.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Yes, I am using openledger web wallet. and I can see the key import tool but that''s it! there is nothing to click there, nowhere to go. I simply cannot get past that step.

Do you see a 'Import Key' button?  If not, you can try create a new wallet first - 'NEW WALLET' button.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline diginerv

Yes, I am using openledger web wallet. and I can see the key import tool but that''s it! there is nothing to click there, nowhere to go. I simply cannot get past that step.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
People please, shine some light on this for me. I have followed the guides for migrating to 2.0 and where everything stops making any kind of sense is at the wallet management console in 2.0 web wallet. The console I see every time is not the same as in the examples posted. I do not have a key import button under the phrase "key inport tool"!!What am I to do? I have a windows 10 laptop, a chromebook, same thing in both. It''s been a month and I have finally given up.

Frustrated in Canada

Are you using OpenLedger webwallet? You should be seeing the same screen as described in the documentation - ie Go to wallet management console and look for "Key Import Tool".
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline diginerv

People please, shine some light on this for me. I have followed the guides for migrating to 2.0 and where everything stops making any kind of sense is at the wallet management console in 2.0 web wallet. The console I see every time is not the same as in the examples posted. I do not have a key import button under the phrase "key inport tool"!!What am I to do? I have a windows 10 laptop, a chromebook, same thing in both. It''s been a month and I have finally given up.

Frustrated in Canada