Author Topic: digitalocean uhmmmmm...  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile
Re: digitalocean uhmmmmm...
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:21:36 am »
I have 2 prepaid cards digitalocean allowed to run like 300USD in debt, like fuck them lol - im in Sweden across the pond, sue me :P

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 01:31:27 am »
So I recently decided to cloud mine some Datacoin on digitalocean just to help the fellows along and to see how cloudmining works in the first place. I deposited 10$ through paypal and made myself a droplet. Now I was under the impression that this is a pre-paid service and my droplet would cease to exist when my 10$ funds ran out.

This was, however, not the case. I went for a christmas holiday and all and when I got back I found an email from DO in my inbox asking for 90$ for my December cloud mining (which netted me 0.23 DTC because the miner crashed somewhere in between :) ). It said they couldn't automatically take it from my paypal account. Which I understand since my paypal account is pre-paid and I never gave anyone the permission to do so.

Since DO can't get to my Paypal and Paypal can't for sure get to my bank account (I'm enjoying the fullest of EU customer protection) I figure I have a loophole here. I'm contemplating whether to abuse it.

paypal wouldnt care so much about your c ustomer protection, they'd terminate your account, that is, if digitalocean actually pursued it

$90 isnt enough to make a lawsuit worthwhile at least
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:33:09 am by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:47:27 pm »
talking about loops, put your miner in one  ;D

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »
Heh, I decided I won't, I terminated my droplet and I will certainly not pay them their 90$ ;)
I find it very strange that a 10$ prepay is apparently considered some sort of contract while DO obviously lacks every means to back it up. They try and screw me but at the same time they leave all doors open for me to screw them back. I find that strange.

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »
Abusing it will put you in debt. Eu law's or not since you now are fully aware of the loophole this can now if exploited become fraud.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
digitalocean uhmmmmm...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:59 pm »
So I recently decided to cloud mine some Datacoin on digitalocean just to help the fellows along and to see how cloudmining works in the first place. I deposited 10$ through paypal and made myself a droplet. Now I was under the impression that this is a pre-paid service and my droplet would cease to exist when my 10$ funds ran out.

This was, however, not the case. I went for a christmas holiday and all and when I got back I found an email from DO in my inbox asking for 90$ for my December cloud mining (which netted me 0.23 DTC because the miner crashed somewhere in between :) ). It said they couldn't automatically take it from my paypal account. Which I understand since my paypal account is pre-paid and I never gave anyone the permission to do so.

Since DO can't get to my Paypal and Paypal can't for sure get to my bank account (I'm enjoying the fullest of EU customer protection) I figure I have a loophole here. I'm contemplating whether to abuse it.