Author Topic: Ripple Gateway?  (Read 5079 times)

Offline reiddouthat

lil_jay890; thanks for the perspective. I really hope what they are saying is for real though. They did say they have filed the paperwork for the RippleTrade Gateway... Lets just all hope it's actually happening because I'll tell you as a user of both; they are a great match for one another.
They are both doing similar things just in 'slightly different' ways. If they could get XRP/IOU Gateways or Bridges on OpenLedger & BTS/BitUSD/BitFIAT "Pegged" Currency Gateways on RippleTrade...

It would be absolutely amazing and undoubtedly be of great benefit to BOTH platforms!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:41:50 pm by reiddouthat »
Charles R Douthat | @creiddouthat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Wow .. a gateway to trade Ripple's IOUs in Bitshares would be awesome .. I'd love to see BitStamps USD also be traded in BitShares (either directly from BitStamp, or via Ripple IOU)
+5%
It would be absolutely incredible! [It needs to be done]

I read that quote in Forbes (about Ripple & PayPal) and thought "wow I need to check this out"... But it wasn't till I saw and used this new BitShares 2.0 OpenLedger Platform did I really get excited of the possibilities... If OpenLedger and RippleTrade could connect via a Bridge or Gateway. It would be like nothing else! It would be sensational!

There has to be something to it or "that description" wouldn't be plastered all over the Internet...
I really hope someone knows something that can help....

It's all in the pipeline, first step i adding it all via CCEDK, then preparing a smooth integration to Openledger.

We have API and in the work of integrating NanoCard on CCEDK, next step will then be OpenLedger
We have account created o Paypal, and only fighting with the bureacratic way of getting hlp from tech dept. of paypal for the full integration
We have aded XRP to CCEDK exchange, and ready to integrate Ripple as gateway also, simply waiting for Ripple to accept the documents supplied from us, but it seems some of these docs need notified etc. an all is a longer process. We believe this will all be up and running in time to celebrate New Years Eve, with it all uip and running well connected to Openledger.

To the OP..

I'm glad you are excited about the interface.  I'm sure the devs appreciate that to.  As far as the Paypal, Nanocard, Gateway stuff... That can be very misleading.

I hate how CCEDK makes announcements.  They constantly advertise things that don't function or don't exist as if they have been up and running for months.  It's totally misleading and makes us look bad.  CCEDK Nanocard has been promised for months... but all there is is some bit-x thing.  Order books were said to be all transparent on our block chain... nope.  If you think this Paypal thing is going to happen any time in the next year, I wouldn't hold your breath.  Ripple integration is probably just as far away.  This is all based on previous "announcements by CCEDK".

Look I'm glad that CCEDK is working on these things... but developing and delivering are two different things.  It's a serious case of Over Promise Under Deliver. 

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
If OpenLedger and RippleTrade could connect via a Bridge or Gateway. It would be like nothing else! It would be sensational!
We have account created o Paypal
We have aded XRP to CCEDK exchange, and ready to integrate Ripple as gateway also
We believe this will all be up and running in time to celebrate New Years Eve

RippleTrade and Paypal integration with OpenLedger OMG OMG OMG!!!! :D
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline reiddouthat

I'll spread what you are saying about OBITS...

I'd definitely like to know more specifics about how these OBITS will help create Gateways to RippleTrade & PayPal though... It's been the #1 question I've been ask when explaining all this. Why it can't be done now with Interledger [ILP] now?

I see the challenge as just needing to get folks to understand what OpenLedger has done to BTS (it's not what people have in mind, trust me... I've had BitShares for over a year... had BitSharesX all those changes have made people think this change is just like all the others).

Until one uses it; they just don't understand its power OpenLedger's Interface/Wallet is!

RippleTrade and OpenLedger could be such a powerful duo with Gateways on each side connecting the two! It's really exciting!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:48:41 am by reiddouthat »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Wow yes this would be indeed awesome ... !
Pls do THAT!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Wow! That really exciting!
Thank you for the update and actual info! I'm going to go post that info on XRPchat because people there are curious as well.

The OBITS token is part of making this possible, an all future profits from incoming projects like Ripple, Paypal, NanoCard etc, whether it is trading fees, tx fees or other are all added to the generated profits of OBITS

so you might want to give them link to this investment opportinity also, almost 1 mill sold or reserved of some 3,6 mill available for presale up untill launch December 1st.

Have a look at following link, you are welcome to share there all info, and intersted parties can contact me on ronny@ccedk.com for today's rate etc. Price is changing by 3-5 % every day up untill launch, an only 20% available of total supply as presale.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19964.0/all.html
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline reiddouthat

Wow! That really exciting!
Thank you for the update and actual info! I'm going to go post that info on XRPchat because people there are curious as well.

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Wow .. a gateway to trade Ripple's IOUs in Bitshares would be awesome .. I'd love to see BitStamps USD also be traded in BitShares (either directly from BitStamp, or via Ripple IOU)
+5%

I read that quote in Forbes (about Ripple & PayPal) and thought "wow I need to check this out"... But it wasn't till I saw and used this new BitShares 2.0 OpenLedger Platform did I really get excited of the possibilities... If OpenLedger and RippleTrade could connect via a Bridge or Gateway. It would be like nothing else! It would be sensational!

There has to be something to it or "that description" wouldn't be plastered all over the Internet...

It's all in the pipeline, first step i adding it all via CCEDK, then preparing a smooth integration to Openledger.

We have API and in the work of integrating NanoCard on CCEDK, next step will then be OpenLedger
We have account created o Paypal, and only fighting with the bureacratic way of getting hlp from tech dept. of paypal for the full integration
We have aded XRP to CCEDK exchange, and ready to integrate Ripple as gateway also, simply waiting for Ripple to accept the documents supplied from us, but it seems some of these docs need notified etc. an all is a longer process. We believe this will all be up and running in time to celebrate New Years Eve, with it all uip and running well connected to Openledger.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline 浅蓝~~~

• View Profile

Offline reiddouthat

+5%

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:38:13 am by reiddouthat »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%

Offline reiddouthat

One thing I keep reading is this description of OpenLedger:

"OpenLedger, the first decentralized “FinTech Exchange,” that enables users to convert Bitcoin to “fiat-pegged” smart coins that can be held or traded within a decentralized system. Smart coins can be cashed in through the Nanocard network, Paypal, Ripple gateway, and money transfers."

I'm new to BitShares 2.0 but extremely impressed. I've owned BitShares through a number of wallets and changes but had given up on them until I read a Forbes article and decided to try and transfer "claim" my old account. I successfully did so and proceeded to get very familiar with the new interface and needless to say; I'm in love with OpenLedger and am trying to learn as much as possible about it.

I have been a long time Ripple & RippleTrade user/supporter. I understand how it's Gateways work very well. I have noticed that OpenLedger has what looks to be a similar Gateway Interface (Bridges also). I am just learning OpenLedger though, and unlike Ripple I do not know how to add a Ripple Gateway. Can anyone help me with this? Or does one add an OpenLedger Gateway to RippleTrade? Or is a connection needed on both sides?

Also... What about PayPal Gateways? Like I said I've read the claims of OpenLedger being able to connect to: Ripple, PayPal & NanoCard in so many places it's not possible to quote them all... Yet all I see in regards to gateway options on OpenLedger are: CCEDK, MetaExchange & BlockTrade (and no where to add any other Gateways).

I've written this same appeal for help regarding the connection of OpenLedger & Ripple on XRPchat:

- http://www.xrpchat.com/index.php?/topic/280-OpenLedger--the-decentralized-fintech-exchange/page__view__findpost__p__3205

I'm very hopeful someone can help from one of these forums.

I hope we can get these two amazing systems working together; as letting more people know how to do it.

Thanks so much for any one who can help!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:22:37 am by reiddouthat »