Author Topic: can muse currently be bought anywhere?  (Read 16108 times)

Offline bitshares101

instantaneous! such speed much power  :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Yeah, mine was there as soon as I opened the wallet. It is pretty impressive. And it also proves that Memo field has some real utility beyond just sending a message.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

holy crap that was instant!

and i dont mean instant like within a sec.

I mean, I pressed the button, and there was no discernible lag AT ALL. the button click prompted the muse to show up in my muse wallet. color me impressed.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
okay, after clicking on deposit/withdraw this is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me now.

if I click the "withdraw" button, and put my MUSE account name in the "withdraw to address," openledger will send muse to that address (not OPENMUSE), right?

Correct. ian-s should be your MUSE account.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

okay, after clicking on deposit/withdraw this is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me now.

if I click the "withdraw" button, and put my MUSE account name in the "withdraw to address," openledger will send muse to that address (not OPENMUSE), right?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Notestein took care of me, as expected.

Okay, I now have openmuse, and I don't want to buy BTS back with it because I bought them at 0.5 and would have to sell at 0.25. How do I go about getting muse from my openmuse? I don't see a listing for muse on ccedk.
You can find withdraw button (of openledger) in the latest wallet version.
delegate-clayop

Notestein took care of me, as expected.

Okay, I now have openmuse, and I don't want to buy BTS back with it because I bought them at 0.5 and would have to sell at 0.25. How do I go about getting muse from my openmuse? I don't see a listing for muse on ccedk.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We am going to approach more exchanges next week ..
Exchanges are the number 1 priority .. once we have MUSE traded on some exchanges, MUSE_USD can be launched .. then on/off ramps

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I sent him a PM from this forum and he got back to me within a day, refunding the money.

awww damnit. I got ahead of myself and sent openmuse when I should have sent trademuse.

I made a mistake myself with one of my trades. I accidentally sent BTS instead of TRADE.MUSE to a Blocktrades address. Dan Notestein kindly refunded it right away after I PM'ed him. I'm sure CCEDK would do the same if you made a mistake.

it was blocktrades actually. didn't realize it was dan notestein who ran that though, i see him post here all the time. I'm sure my support inquiry will get resolved promptly.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

awww damnit. I got ahead of myself and sent openmuse when I should have sent trademuse.

I made a mistake myself with one of my trades. I accidentally sent BTS instead of TRADE.MUSE to a Blocktrades address. Dan Notestein kindly refunded it right away after I PM'ed him. I'm sure CCEDK would do the same if you made a mistake.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think OPEN.xxx is an OpenLedger/CCEDK "brand", while TRADE.xxx is used by Blocktrades. Yeah, this probably isn't the cheapest price, since not many people are selling their TRADE.MUSE on there, but at least it allows us to get some MUSE before they take off the reins and let that baby sail for the moon.

I'm looking forward to having this whole exchange process embedded into a few "click, click, clicks" for someone who just wants to buy another currency at a market rate.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:43:09 pm by donkeypong »

sounds kind of cool. thanks guys.

is the point to allow for other exchanges to accept these? or is it exchange specific?

What's the difference between OPEN.SOMETHING and TRADE.SOMETHING?

Just tried it. We'll see how it goes. Is it just me or did muse price go up dramatically?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Blocktrades works really well. I have used CCEDK for other things, but have not yet used it for MUSE. Here's the basic process for getting MUSE through Blocktrades.

https://blocktrades.us/

1. Buy some TRADE.MUSE on the decentralized exchange (using your BTS inside OpenLedger or the Light Client)
2. Go to the Blocktrades link above and select currencies from drop-down menu for TRADE.MUSE--> MUSE. Make sure to input your MUSE receiving address (the name you use in your MUSE wallet, not your BitShares wallet). Then click the button to get the deposit address (which is actually a specific code you will paste into your memo section). This is how you will send your TRADE.MUSE from BitShares' Openledger or Light Client.
3. From BitShares, send your TRADE.MUSE to the address: "blocktrades" (no quote marks) and paste the memo code (that Blocktrades generated for you) into the memo section before sending.

Try it with a small amount the first time and when you feel confident it works, you can send more. It's magic. The freaking thing is almost instant. By the time you get your MUSE client open again, your deposit will already be there. 

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/OPENMUSE_BTS

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/TRADE.MUSE_BTS

Is there a guide where I can bring myself up to speed on what these OPEN.ASSET and TRADE.ASSETs are?

I feel like they kind of snuck into the system on me.
You can buy IOU.MUSE with BTS. Then, you can withdraw them to your local MUSE wallet. (I recommend OPENMUSE because it has lower fees)
delegate-clayop