Author Topic: Reverse bitshares stock split?  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
What about a 100 000:1 reverse stock split? Then 1 BTS will be worth more than 1 Bitcoin   :P

A reverse stock split where the number bitshares is reduced but the same value is kept could be useful from a marketing perspective.

if for every 3 bts owned people got 1 bts the value of 1 bts would be about a cent and easier to think about.
Also a sub 1 billion number of shares in existence maybe more appealing to some people.

Shows are optimistic we are about the future, that the only way we think 1 BTS will be worth 1 cent any time soon is through a reverse stock split  :D

Old timers know that when BTS was about to pass Litecoin and had threatened Ripple, Ripple did something similar to this. In my opinion this should be considered a secret weapon or dirty trick to use when the time is right to improve perception, but not wasted.

Use it when BTS can benefit the most. What matters isn't how many BTS you have but the percentages. I told people repeatedly to change the GUI to show the percentage of Bitshares the participant owns and not just some pointless number amount but you can ask under Github why they never did that.

I don't think a reverse stock split would have a big effect on perception.

Adding the reserve pool to the total would be similar to what XRP did but I think it would have a negative price effect.

https://bitshares.org/technology/stakeholder-approved-project-funding/

But yes, I remember when BTSX was briefly no.3 in the world  :)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:07:39 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
What about a 100 000:1 reverse stock split? Then 1 BTS will be worth more than 1 Bitcoin   :P

A reverse stock split where the number bitshares is reduced but the same value is kept could be useful from a marketing perspective.

if for every 3 bts owned people got 1 bts the value of 1 bts would be about a cent and easier to think about.
Also a sub 1 billion number of shares in existence maybe more appealing to some people.

Shows are optimistic we are about the future, that the only way we think 1 BTS will be worth 1 cent any time soon is through a reverse stock split  :D

Old timers know that when BTS was about to pass Litecoin and had threatened Ripple, Ripple did something similar to this. In my opinion this should be considered a secret weapon or dirty trick to use when the time is right to improve perception, but not wasted.

Use it when BTS can benefit the most. What matters isn't how many BTS you have but the percentages. I told people repeatedly to change the GUI to show the percentage of Bitshares the participant owns and not just some pointless number amount but you can ask under Github why they never did that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

http://people.opposingviews.com/primary-purpose-stock-split-5413.html

It may be more appealing also to have 0.2BTS fees rather than 40BTS...purely from a psychological perspective.

I don't not know what could be the negative impact of such move. I would like to know what @bytemaster and other old timers think of the idea.

from a psychological perspective, i think they should be able to choose which bitasset they want it to be valued in, but start it out in bitUSD.  If we do that, then you will see some .01-.02 fees which people will gladly keep that way. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

Quiet! You're going to give Ripple ideas.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:19:44 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

It may be more appealing also to have 0.2BTS fees rather than 40BTS...purely from a psychological perspective.

I don't not know what could be the negative impact of such move. I would like to know what @bytemaster and other old timers think of the idea.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I agree. only we should wait a while and do 15:1 reverse split...CNX is just starting with their plans to make the BTS the milking cow to the extend of killing it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 11:07:18 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares