Author Topic: bitshares wallet help  (Read 14650 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Peww .. :D

Ha!  You love it!  Thank you bud, I'm finally in!!  :D

Thanks abit & cube!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
What an inconvenience ..
please try to start bitshares as administrator and write to c:\btswallet.json directly

I'm sorry my friend, how do I start bitshares as an administrator?  Also, do you mean re-start the console as an administrator?  Will the updated blockchain wallets be saved or will I need to run the scan again?
No rescan needed
on windows it should be possible to run apps by rightclicking 'run as ...'
Perfect!!  It's there!

Will now attempt to create a wallet within the bitshares2 light client then import my keys!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What an inconvenience ..
please try to start bitshares as administrator and write to c:\btswallet.json directly

I'm sorry my friend, how do I start bitshares as an administrator?  Also, do you mean re-start the console as an administrator?  Will the updated blockchain wallets be saved or will I need to run the scan again?
No rescan needed
on windows it should be possible to run apps by rightclicking 'run as ...'

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
What an inconvenience ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What an inconvenience ..

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
can you try without path and then search the drive for the file?

i typed.....    wallet_export_keys bitshares_balance.json

left it for a while, then searched the drive for the file and nothing again.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
can you try without path and then search the drive for the file?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
If you have a space in your username, you NEED to put it in quotes!
no file appears in the designated folder.  not sure what i'm doing wrong as i added the quotes...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If you have a space in your username, you NEED to put it in quotes!

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
a) wait a little longer
b) search for the filename on the whole drive
c) try another path/filename (you may have been required admin rights to the previous path)

tried a) and b) no joy

how do i correctly specify a different path?   is the correct command....

wallet_export_keys c:\users\ben mason\my documents\full_balances_0.9.3c.json

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
a) wait a little longer
b) search for the filename on the whole drive
c) try another path/filename (you may have been required admin rights to the previous path)

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I've been through the console rescan and i have attempted TASK 3 of jenkas's fantastic instructions.

when i type the command wallet_export_keys full_balances_0.9.3c.json and hit enter, the console returns OK.

however there is no file saved to location c:\program files\bitshares\bin\  or anywhere else i can find.

I assume that without the new export file, i won't be able to save the results of the rescan for import into bitshares2-light.....

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I've run into a couple of issues....

First when i attempted to access the v0.9.3c console client in order to check my balances, it appeared to open, but then wouldn't allow me to type anything in it.  So i bypassed that hoping my balances would be accurate.
So you've made a new backup with v0.9.3c right?
Console output or screenshot of that "wouldn't allow me to type anything in it" please? Maybe just need some more patient.

Then once I had downloaded v2.0.151223 of the Bitshares2-light client, within settings , wallet management console, i found only 4 options;

Active Wallet:
Key Import Tool
Restore Backup
New Wallet

Clicking on Key Import Tool does nothing so i am currently unable to import my keys.

So close   :D
Maybe have to create new wallet first.. but not required to create a new account.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I've run into a couple of issues....

First when i attempted to access the v0.9.3c console client in order to check my balances, it appeared to open, but then wouldn't allow me to type anything in it.  So i bypassed that hoping my balances would be accurate.

Then once I had downloaded v2.0.151223 of the Bitshares2-light client, within settings , wallet management console, i found only 4 options;

Active Wallet:
Key Import Tool
Restore Backup
New Wallet

Clicking on Key Import Tool does nothing so i am currently unable to import my keys.

So close   :D

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Is there any reason why v0.9.3c would not open?  I installed as suggested and the client screen has been showing 'starting BitShares' for many hours now.  I've tried restarting the application but its the same result.

I may just be being impatient!  But thought it worth checking.....
So you need to try the steps described in page 1 of this thread.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20197.msg260405.html#msg260405
(Looks like you've tried it last time with a success, now try again.)

After opened, you may need to try the steps in this post https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html

Ahhh ok, gotcha.  Thanks again.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Be patient...it is working on the MAS.

If you want it anytime before that.... you "  need to learn how to get organized, find talent (developers), and fund development of the projects they want to see developed. This is your problem,"

I suggest that you not let the outspoken shareholders hold you hostage. They claim you are holding them hostage, but that couldn't be further from  They need to learn how to get organized, find talent (developers), and fund development of the projects they want to see developed. This is their problem,the truth. not yours alone (or CNX's), and it is better they learn how to properly use Bitshares' features now rather than later. Let them organize the projects, find developers, fund them, etc... to build out the features as they want them built. It will be a good lesson for the community and a proof of concept of sorts for Bitshares' features. They need to learn nothing is free and to stop being so cheap. The first independent developer thread has started and they're already talking about outsourcing the work overseas to some quasi sweatshop worker that will work for $5 a hour... let them learn the hard way.

You were right to deduce that your time will be better spent working on MAS than the DEX. Your idea of mutual aid societies will have a much bigger effect on the Bitshares token price than "finishing" the DEX will. MAS has no competition in the cryptosphere... the DEX has AT LEAST 4 competing projects fighting over a small and limited user base (most of which has already made up their minds one way or the other about Bitshares.) Swing for the fences. These guys can't see your vision right now and how much more lucrative it is than "finishing" the DEX, but they will be thanking you a year from now if you push on with your MAS idea and the user base expands exponentially because of such (along with the value of the BTS token and ironically the liquidity/volume of the DEX.) The PR alone from this will be worth its weight in bitGOLD.

+5%
+5%

Touche` !  Kick a man when he's down why don't you....  ;D

You are brilliant tonyk, but brilliance can blind.  Just kidding....about the blind bit.  I still believe MAS type experiments are the right way to go for BM and BitShares.......i'm very happy that it will occur in the manner BM described within his Q1 roadmap for CNX.  Are you happy with that?

you "  need to learn how to get organized, find talent (developers), and fund development of the projects they want to see developed. This is your problem,"

I happen to agree with this statement.  It is a simple statement of fact.  If the bit at the end has a dismissive tone, it's possibly the result of people freaking out when BM says something.  If you can't see how much he cares about this project and it's success, i refer you back to the blind thing above. 

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Is there any reason why v0.9.3c would not open?  I installed as suggested and the client screen has been showing 'starting BitShares' for many hours now.  I've tried restarting the application but its the same result.

So you need to try the steps described in page 1 of this thread.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20197.msg260405.html#msg260405
(Looks like you've tried it last time with a success, now try again.)

After opened, you may need to try the steps in this post https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Be patient...it is working on the MAS.

If you want it anytime before that.... you "  need to learn how to get organized, find talent (developers), and fund development of the projects they want to see developed. This is your problem,"

I suggest that you not let the outspoken shareholders hold you hostage. They claim you are holding them hostage, but that couldn't be further from  They need to learn how to get organized, find talent (developers), and fund development of the projects they want to see developed. This is their problem,the truth. not yours alone (or CNX's), and it is better they learn how to properly use Bitshares' features now rather than later. Let them organize the projects, find developers, fund them, etc... to build out the features as they want them built. It will be a good lesson for the community and a proof of concept of sorts for Bitshares' features. They need to learn nothing is free and to stop being so cheap. The first independent developer thread has started and they're already talking about outsourcing the work overseas to some quasi sweatshop worker that will work for $5 a hour... let them learn the hard way.

You were right to deduce that your time will be better spent working on MAS than the DEX. Your idea of mutual aid societies will have a much bigger effect on the Bitshares token price than "finishing" the DEX will. MAS has no competition in the cryptosphere... the DEX has AT LEAST 4 competing projects fighting over a small and limited user base (most of which has already made up their minds one way or the other about Bitshares.) Swing for the fences. These guys can't see your vision right now and how much more lucrative it is than "finishing" the DEX, but they will be thanking you a year from now if you push on with your MAS idea and the user base expands exponentially because of such (along with the value of the BTS token and ironically the liquidity/volume of the DEX.) The PR alone from this will be worth its weight in bitGOLD.

+5%
+5%
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
what @bit said .. plus once imported into openledger:

- make a BACKUP again! (just to be on the save side)

ha ha, absolutely!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
what @bit said .. plus once imported into openledger:

- make a BACKUP again! (just to be on the save side)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Wow! v0.5.0 client ran successfully and I was able to import my backup!  Picture a big ginger bearded baldy skipping around the house, kissing inanimate objects and dancing with anyone that gets in the way....thank you so much for all the help and especially your persistence @xeroc , @cube  & @abit !!

So i really want to get this next bit right.  Please correct me if i'm wrong;

Delete the Bitshares folder in roaming
uninstall v0.5.0

install v0.9.3c
run v0.9.3c
import new v0.5.0 backup file
export new v0.9.3c backup file
import new v0.9.3c backup file into openledger

Is that right?
My suggestions as above.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Wow! v0.5.0 client ran successfully and I was able to import my backup!  Picture a big ginger bearded baldy skipping around the house, kissing inanimate objects and dancing with anyone that gets in the way....thank you so much for all the help and especially your persistence @xeroc , @cube  & @abit !!

So i really want to get this next bit right.  Please correct me if i'm wrong;

Delete the Bitshares folder in roaming
uninstall v0.5.0
install v0.9.3c
run v0.9.3c
import new v0.5.0 backup file
export new v0.9.3c backup file
import new v0.9.3c backup file into openledger

Is that right?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Mabye the backup file has been created with an older version and is no incompatible with 0.4.24.1 .. try something in the 0.5.x series https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases/
ok on it....ta

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Mabye the backup file has been created with an older version and is no incompatible with 0.4.24.1 .. try something in the 0.5.x series https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases/

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
That worked!  However, when i attempt to import my backup, i get the following message

Failed to restore wallet backup. Your original wallet has been restored.  Error: key Not Found (6)
Key delegate_slate_id
Type: bts::blockchain::deposit_operation

The backup is a .json file...is that compatible with v0.4.24.1?

I am certain that my password is correct but that error message doesn't look good  :'(  Am i fooked?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I can't get v0.4.24.1 to run so that i can import my backup.  Every time i try to open the application it crashes immediately.  Any ideas?  Boy do i wish i'd started this adventure on a Mac!
Some options:
* rename the %APPDATA%/Bitshares folder to something else and run again
* uninstall previous installed version, then rename the %APPDATA%/Bitshares folder, reinstall, run again
* try an earlier version, E.G. https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases/tag/bts%2F0.4.24

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I can't get v0.4.24.1 to run so that i can import my backup.  Every time i try to open the application it crashes immediately.  Any ideas?  Boy do i wish i'd started this adventure on a Mac!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
@abit , do you know where i can get a copy of v0.4.24.1?  I found the link below but it doesn't go anywhere now...

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.24.1

thank you.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
ok i think the backup file might be from an older version as i'm not sure that i actually managed to run 0.9.1. 

Is there a way to tell from the file itself from what version it originated?
Do you remember when you made the backup? There is a compatibility issue with v0.4.25-rc2 and later version:
 https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases/tag/bts%2F0.4.25-rc2
Cannot import wallet backups made with previous versions
In this case, you can try to install v0.4.24.1 and import your backup, if succeeded,  install v0.9.3c directly and make a new backup.

I'm afraid I'm not sure which version the backup was from but it could have been that far back. I'll follow your instructions and let you know how it goes. I'm very grateful for the help.....so much of it has been offered to me so readily. Thank you.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
ok i think the backup file might be from an older version as i'm not sure that i actually managed to run 0.9.1. 

Do you remember when you made the backup? There is a compatibility issue with v0.4.25-rc2 and later version:
 https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases/tag/bts%2F0.4.25-rc2
Cannot import wallet backups made with previous versions
In this case, you can try to install v0.4.24.1 and import your backup, if succeeded,  install v0.9.3c directly and make a new backup.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I am honestly thrilled to be able to ask for help and get it time and again.  You guys are bl00dy marvelous.

Ok, i'll try the steps again and if that fails, i'll PM Xeroc and hope he can help fix my backup file. Scary times!  ;D

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I got the same error message.

Looking in the wallets folder, a new default folder was created.....there was nothing in it and nothing in the default-DoNotUse folder.

I'm sorry about this cube, thank you so much for your time.  Would there be any point in uninstalling 0.9.3 and running an older version of the Windows client....one that will accept the backup file?

The default folder is the wallet folder. Rename it to 'default-DoNotUse' and when you start up the client, it will create a new empty 'default folder'  (an empty wallet).  With an empty 'default' wallet, hopefully you can restore the backup.  bts0.9.3 is compatible with bts0.9.1 wallet.  There is no need to uninstall it and install an older version.

This may turn out to be a tedious process.  Another easier approach you may consider is using the full professional wallet recovery service from xeroc.

If you think we've reached the end of what we can do via your remote help, i will certainly consider it.  How does one engage with Xeroc's professional service?  Via forum pm?

Before I do, one last thing......I can handle tedious, i just don't like using up your time!. That said.  May we please have one last attempt to get me to do what is needed?

So to be absolutely clear.......

I turn on the laptop,
navigate to C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default
rename to C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default-DoNotUse
Then run the 0.9.3 bitshares client
Once it gets to the login screen, select import wallet...replace existing wallet.....type in password

If the above is correct and I get the same error message, what should I try after that?  Is there anything else or is it at this point I need Xeroc?

I am most happy to help you. I believe there are many others who would be glad to offer a helping hand too, as demonstrated by bhuz above.   If you are fine with this 'volunteer-help-as-we-go' process, we are fine too.

The above steps are correct.  If you still face problem after trying the steps, there may be some issues with the backup file.  Xeroc has helped people with 'problem' wallet file before. You may like to PM him and may need to show him part of the encrypted wallet file if required.

Ok, i'll try what Cube suggests and any further updates on that, then I'll try to reinstall 0.9.1 with the copied bts1 blockchain.  If that fails, i'll contact Xeroc.  Thank you Bhuz.

If you reinstall 0.9.1, you may not be able to use the downloaded blockchain as there may be incompatibility issues.  You may have to resync it from scratch.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
If the above is correct and I get the same error message, what should I try after that?  Is there anything else or is it at this point I need Xeroc?

I think you could try to install an older version of the bitshares client and see if you can import the wallet there

Ok, i'll try what Cube suggests and any further updates on that, then I'll try to reinstall 0.9.1 with the copied bts1 blockchain.  If that fails, i'll contact Xeroc.  Thank you Bhuz.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

I think you could try to install an older version of the bitshares client and see if you can import the wallet there

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Looking in the wallets folder, a new default folder was created.....there was nothing in it and nothing in the default-DoNotUse folder.

I'm sorry about this cube, thank you so much for your time.  Would there be any point in uninstalling 0.9.3 and running an older version of the Windows client....one that will accept the backup file?

The default folder is the wallet folder. Rename it to 'default-DoNotUse' and when you start up the client, it will create a new empty 'default folder'  (an empty wallet).  With an empty 'default' wallet, hopefully you can restore the backup.  bts0.9.3 is compatible with bts0.9.1 wallet.  There is no need to uninstall it and install an older version.

This may turn out to be a tedious process.  Another easier approach you may consider is using the full professional wallet recovery service from xeroc.

If you think we've reached the end of what we can do via your remote help, i will certainly consider it.  How does one engage with Xeroc's professional service?  Via forum pm?

Before I do, one last thing......I can handle tedious, i just don't like using up your time!. That said.  May we please have one last attempt to get me to do what is needed?

So to be absolutely clear.......

I turn on the laptop,
navigate to C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default
rename to C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default-DoNotUse
Then run the 0.9.3 bitshares client
Once it gets to the login screen, select import wallet...replace existing wallet.....type in password

Offline cube

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline cube

• View Profile
they are no longer there....so I need to import the backup.  Am I doing it correctly using import wallet?

as long as i have the backup.json are my keys and funds safe?

Yes, they are. Do the import then.

I've tried several times and each time i get the error failed to restore.......etc

Failed to restore wallet backup.  Your original wallet has been restored. Error: boost::filesystem::remove: The directory is not empty: "C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default" (13)

Rename your wallet file to something else:

Rename "C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default"  to  "C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default-DoNotUse" before import.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
they are no longer there....so I need to import the backup.  Am I doing it correctly using import wallet?

I've tried several times and each time i get the error failed to restore.......etc

Failed to restore wallet backup.  Your original wallet has been restored. Error: boost::filesystem::remove: The directory is not empty: "C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default" (13)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:40:12 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline cube

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:24:48 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline cube

• View Profile

the previous version looks like it was 0.9.1, therefore the backup was produced from that version.

I attempted to restore the backup in 0.9.3 by;

selecting file
selecting import wallet
selecting the backup file
answering yes to replacing the existing wallet
typing the password

I haven't been able to make any transactions since 0.9.1 so all I need is to be able to import all my keys to 2.0.......am i right in thinking i still need to produce a new backup file from within the 0.9.3 client?

If you are installing 0.9.3 bts over 0.9.1 bts, you need not restore any backup since 0.9.3 is compatible with 0.9.1 and it can use the older wallet version.  Did you try going into the wallet after upgrading to 0.9.3?  If your accounts and balances are there, you can export your keys out (http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html and using the wallet console) to be imported into a bts2 web wallet (http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html).

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I've run 0.9.3 but the application won't start.  Are there some folders i need to remove before reinstalling 0.9.3 to give it a better chance?  Thank you.

I'm on windows 7 64bit

The startup takes awhile, especially if you have low RAM. How much RAM do you have?

4 GB  3.47 GB is useable and physical available is about 1.9 GB

I let it run for a few hours but there was no system activity so i figured it had simply stalled....

I did not uninstall any previous versions before instaling and running 0.9.3.  Could that be part of the issue?

Thanks very much cube

There is probably lack of a seed node.  You can try download the bts1 blockchain and replace your current empty one.  So instead of syncing with seed nodes and other peer nodes, you copy over the entire blockchain.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18885.msg243155.html#msg243155

Open the Windows Explorer and go to %appdata%\Bitshares

Quit bts0.9.3 if you are running it.  Extract all the files into this folder.  Run the bts0.9.3 client and do a 'scan' at the console.

Ok I followed the instructions and this time made it to the login screen.....so brilliant thank you.

However, when i attempted to import my wallet backup .json file,  the client produces an error message,;

Failed to restore wallet backup.  Your original wallet has been resored. Error: boost::filesystem::remove: The directory is not empty: "C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default" (13)

I'm sure my password and backup file are correct.  Wow this is trick and nerve-jangling for someone as none techi as me!  ;D

A bit more information would help.

Before you installed 0.9.3 bts client, did you have an earlier version of bts client installed?  What was the version?

How did you produce the backup.json file? What was the wallet version that you used to produce the backup.json file?  How did you restore the backup.json file (describe step-by-step)?

the previous version looks like it was 0.9.1, therefore the backup was produced from that version.

I attempted to restore the backup in 0.9.3 by;

selecting file
selecting import wallet
selecting the backup file
answering yes to replacing the existing wallet
typing the password

I haven't been able to make any transactions since 0.9.1 so all I need is to be able to import all my keys to 2.0.......am i right in thinking i still need to produce a new backup file from within the 0.9.3 client?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:29:17 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline cube

• View Profile
I've run 0.9.3 but the application won't start.  Are there some folders i need to remove before reinstalling 0.9.3 to give it a better chance?  Thank you.

I'm on windows 7 64bit

The startup takes awhile, especially if you have low RAM. How much RAM do you have?

I let it run for a few hours but there was no system activity so i figured it had simply stalled....

I did not uninstall any previous versions before instaling and running 0.9.3.  Could that be part of the issue?

Thanks very much cube

There is probably lack of a seed node.  You can try download the bts1 blockchain and replace your current empty one.  So instead of syncing with seed nodes and other peer nodes, you copy over the entire blockchain.

Quit bts0.9.3 if you are running it.  Extract all the files into this folder.  Run the bts0.9.3 client and do a 'scan' at the console.

Ok I followed the instructions and this time made it to the login screen.....so brilliant thank you.

However, when i attempted to import my wallet backup .json file,  the client produces an error message,;

Failed to restore wallet backup.  Your original wallet has been resored. Error: boost::filesystem::remove: The directory is not empty: "C:/Users/Ben Mason/AppData/Roaming/BitShares\Wallets\default" (13)

I'm sure my password and backup file are correct.  Wow this is trick and nerve-jangling for someone as none techi as me!  ;D

A bit more information would help.

Before you installed 0.9.3 bts client, did you have an earlier version of bts client installed?  What was the version?

How did you produce the backup.json file? What was the wallet version that you used to produce the backup.json file?  How did you restore the backup.json file (describe step-by-step)?

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

I'm on windows 7 64bit

Thanks very much cube

Offline cube

• View Profile

I'm on windows 7 64bit

Thanks very much cube

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I left the app trying to start for hours so don't think it's that.....

Any suggestions most welcome....

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

I'm on windows 7 64bit

Thanks very much cube
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:41:07 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline cube

• View Profile

I'm on windows 7 64bit

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

I'm on windows 7 64bit
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:47:36 pm by Ben Mason »

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

Thanks Tuck Fheman

#sharebits "mbaeichapareiko" 1 FISTBUMP

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
Thanks Tuck Fheman,

noted on link:  https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases

Bitshares rocks.  Good news.  was able to log onto bitsharesx older wallet and saw had an order for bitgold that expired from last year.  haha. 
Hope to be up and running with v2 soon!

Tuck Fheman

Thanks for quick reply Xeroc

*You will need to install Bitshares 0.9.3c first and create a newer backup (all without syncing if you see your funds in your accounts)*
^^^^^^^^Copy that ^^^^^^^^

ok,  looking for Bitshares 0.9.3c

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/releases

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
Thanks for quick reply Xeroc

*You will need to install Bitshares 0.9.3c first and create a newer backup (all without syncing if you see your funds in your accounts)*
^^^^^^^^Copy that ^^^^^^^^

ok,  looking for Bitshares 0.9.3c

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I would recommend to read the migration guide:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/

You will need to install Bitshares 0.9.3c first and create a newer backup (all without syncing if you see your funds in your accounts)

Offline mbaeichapareiko

• View Profile
Hi,  help appreciated in advance.

Haven't logged in to bitshares in a while.    I backed up my wallet in  bitsharexwallet.json  format.

Tried installing 2.0 wallet and retrieving but it says file is not readable.   Can someone please refer me to the correct tutorial.   Mac user here.

Thanks,