Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Documentation/Technical Support/Python Development  (Read 9964 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think a weekly overview over what has been done would make sense because it would:

... provide accountability
... be positive for the public and shareholder perception of the worker system (so you can see what you are getting for your bug and that DPOS works)

I think that would make sense for any worker (posted it to other active workers as well). 

Of course that is not meant as being doubtful of the utility of your work. I have lots of positive first hand experience with it ;)
Thanks for the feedback .. weekly reports might really have been useful in this case .. I'll recommend it to anyone that plans to run a worker in future.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think a weekly overview over what has been done would make sense because it would:

... provide accountability
... be positive for the public and shareholder perception of the worker system (so you can see what you are getting for your bug and that DPOS works)

I think that would make sense for any worker (posted it to other active workers as well). 

Of course that is not meant as being doubtful of the utility of your work. I have lots of positive first hand experience with it ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:20:10 pm by delulo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You have the skills needed to put a true burning worker up for voting by the community.[ this is in addition and NOT as a replacement of the recycling one already in existence]

Will you do it, and if not why?
I can definitely do that and put some documentation about it into the bsips (as informational document)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
You have the skills needed to put a true burning worker up for voting by the community.[ this is in addition and NOT as a replacement of the recycling one already in existence]

Will you do it, and if not why?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
@xeroc Hi! If you are my proxy voter, should I remove you to vote for your worker, or will you vote for yourself on my behalf?
I thought a lot about this and came to the conclusion that i can NOT just easily vote for my self.

To solve this conflict of interest, I could  write a memo to all that set me as proxy and let them know about this prior to voting for myself. Would that work for you?

Sure.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
@xeroc Hi! If you are my proxy voter, should I remove you to vote for your worker, or will you vote for yourself on my behalf?
I thought a lot about this and came to the conclusion that i can NOT just easily vote for my self.

Of course you can. Proxy voters are relying on you to choose the best candidates available. If you don't vote for yourself, doesn't that mean you don't consider yourself as a good choice to be a worker?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
An inconsistency between the written proposal and the worker on chain is that the worker is in fact limited to only TWO months duration.

Hence, if shareholders approve, they "risk" only 6k€ and have a chance to re-evaluate my work in a new proposal in february already.

Thought this happend as an accident, limiting a proposal like this for 2 months maybe better for BitShares considering its volatility and probability of a price rise.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

To solve this conflict of interest, I could  write a memo to all that set me as proxy and let them know about this prior to voting for myself. Would that work for you?

Offline roadscape

One thing caught me off guard.. svk is now fully independent from CNX and his
worker has a modest daily pay of 19k BTS. I don't think he specified an hourly
rate, but as far as I can tell he's putting in at least 20 hours a week. So I
guess my question is, are you still working for CNX in some capacity? And how
does one determine (in a general sense) if a task should be paid for by CNX vs.
BTS?
I can't tell you how much time @svk puts into BitShares (definitely quite a bit)
but I am fairly certain that he has another day-job. He definitely is worth more
than BitShares can pay him right now and I much appreciate him offering his
service at such a low rate. Take a look at what other companies pay for good
react-js developers!

The other question you are asking is quite a good one since I do have a
contributing agreement with CNX as well and they pay me for work I ask me to
deliver to them. It is part of my calculations and I hope to fill the rest of my
40h/week with worth from CNX *AND* other players in the BitShares/Graphene
space.

As for the distiction of how pays what: The idea was to have BitShares pay for
the services I mentioned above up to 20h/week and fill the rest of my time with
either stuff that I want to do (e.g. peermit.com, bitshares europe) or by jobs
that someone else pays me for, e.g. CNX, PeerTracks, etc.

Thanks xeroc, that seems very reasonable.

That aside.. Dr. Xeroc's services are easily worth 37.50€/h, especially
considering his long history of volunteer work. If we could clone him, I'd hire
his clone at that rate too.  :D
Actually, there is a genetically identical clone of myself (a twin brother), but
he is not into blockchain business ... yet :)

8)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline yvv

• View Profile