Author Topic: How to backup my Keyhotee private key? Or do I need to do that now?  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Riverhead

Better yet, reply to the email we sent you with your PTS/BTC address and all the above info.  This will help me keep things better organized than using PMs.  contact.us@invictus-innovations.com.

Appreciate that guys but I know you're swamped with more pressing things. 

Once I figure out how to back up my private key I'm cool with what I have.  My brain passphrase is good and all the fields I did fill in were with correct data so there shouldn't be a reason for you to manually recreate my ID.

Update: Found where it is.  %AppData% defaults to AppData\Roaming but it's in AppData\Local

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:50:41 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
3 quick questions:

1. Has the pubkey of my Keyhotee Found ID been sent to bind in genius block later? Suppose I have finished the alpha register process.

2. Do I need to backup my Keyhotee private key now?

3. If need, How should I backup it?

If you remember all the information you entered in your profile form, then there is nothing else you need to remember.   If you DO want to back things up then your stretched_seed file which is encrypted with your password is what you want to backup. 

As this is an alpha test, it would be nice to know if people can successfully recreate their profile from memory alone.

Since this is an Alpha test I wasn't too critical about what I put into the fields.  All the data was real and I can go forward with it but as it's an Alpha I figured we'd get a chance for a do over or five :).

If you would like a do-over save your existing public key, delete your profile, then create a new profile.  Once complete send Stan a PM with your Keyhotee ID, PTS Funding Address, Old Public Key, New Public Key and we will update the database.

Better yet, reply to the email we sent you with your PTS/BTC address and all the above info.  This will help me keep things better organized than using PMs.  contact.us@invictus-innovations.com.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

3 quick questions:

1. Has the pubkey of my Keyhotee Found ID been sent to bind in genius block later? Suppose I have finished the alpha register process.

If you remember all the information you entered in your profile form, then there is nothing else you need to remember.   If you DO want to back things up then your stretched_seed file which is encrypted with your password is what you want to backup. 

As this is an alpha test, it would be nice to know if people can successfully recreate their profile from memory alone.

Since this is an Alpha test I wasn't too critical about what I put into the fields.  All the data was real and I can go forward with it but as it's an Alpha I figured we'd get a chance for a do over or five :).

If you would like a do-over save your existing public key, delete your profile, then create a new profile.  Once complete send Stan a PM with your Keyhotee ID, PTS Funding Address, Old Public Key, New Public Key and we will update the database.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

3 quick questions:

Offline testz

3 quick questions:

I advice rename .stretched_seed to keyhotteeid.key

+1
I advice rename %APPDATA%\KEYHOTEE folder to KeyHotee (under Windows and Linux) and KEYHOTEE\profiles to KeyHotee\Profiles under Windows and KeyHotee\.profiles under Linux

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
3 quick questions:

I advice rename .stretched_seed to keyhotteeid.key
BitShares-PTS:Pop8mPCmtzSLc1NXaJLSnE2gpvDvCZJgMd
Please give me a vote:wallet_approve_delegate sunshine.clerk 1

Offline bytemaster

3 quick questions:

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
3 quick questions:

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.