Author Topic: poll for changing call_order_update and _account_update fee  (Read 4878 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
@cube:

This is not only to help myself, but also and especially to encourage other shorters.

I definitely cannot supply enough BitCNY,  we need more shorters to join the game.

Yes, I understand that.

If we as a community cannot even provide a comfortable and profitable environment for our existing major partner in bitCNY to grow, how then are we going to attract other shorters/players?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
@cube:

This is not only to help myself, but also and especially to encourage other shorters.

I definitely cannot supply enough BitCNY,  we need more shorters to join the game.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:15:03 pm by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
One of the biggest impediments to having more bitUSD and bitCNY liquidities is the lack of big players in creating the bitassets.  Transwiser, of which bitcrab is the founder, is a big player in the bitCNY market.  In fact, Transwiser provides for bts<->bitCNY<->CNY fiat.  There is a huge risk associated with shorting and creating the necessary bitCNY for its customers.

When he is facing difficulties with reacting to a change in the bitCNY price, because of a high magin-position update fee, and he is asking for help, I think as a community we ought to listen.  If we could not support our valued business partners in time of need, our partners are not going to support us too when we needed them.

A number of committee members are of the view that we do need to support our major bitCNY partner when he asks for help.  However, we like to open a discussion and gather feedback from the community members and consider them before arriving at any decision.

Please feel free to share your views.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:11:14 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
What do we have committee proposals for again?
Votes in the forum are worthless for two reasons:
* every account as a vote
* every account has equal votes
That does NOT represent how the BitShares DAC is run ..

Instead of argumenting about individual fees .. I'd rather see someone do the task of a "Controller" and evaluate different pricing models with projections of how many customers may come in

This post is just to collect feedback from community, to ensure that there is no factors we haven't considered before creating a proposal.
I think to change the fees individuals is also OK, although it may be not the best,  just like " Pareto improvement ".
and I doubt whether a "Controller" model really work in a DAC. but anyone can try, he/she can try to build a pricing model with according fee structure, and finally the  votes will decide whether to adopt.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What do we have committee proposals for again?
Votes in the forum are worthless for two reasons:
* every account as a vote
* every account has equal votes
That does NOT represent how the BitShares DAC is run ..

Instead of argumenting about individual fees .. I'd rather see someone do the task of a "Controller" and evaluate different pricing models with projections of how many customers may come in

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
what about transfer fee ,
I think transfer fee should lower than trade fee
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline logxing

BTS Account:logxing

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
having seen suggestion to reduce more, and also to change the account_update fee, I feel the proposal need change, new proposal will be:

change both the call order update fee and account update fee to 1 BTS(for LTM to 0.2 BTS).

because:

1. neither of these fees is the core business fee.
2.we need to encourage shorters and also votes/proxy.
3.these operation cost few.

please revote.

below is the comment to the old poll, and when I changed the poll the result is: support:32 objection:1 neutral:1   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I plan to create a proposal to change the call order update fee (margin position update fee) from 40 BTS to 5 BTS(for LTM  from 8 BTS to 1 BTS), please let me know your opinion to this change.

Why do this change?

1. As MPAs such as BitUSD and BitCNY are getting more widely used, we need to encourage shorters to supply more MPAs.
2. Cost for updating margin position is not high.

the poll is for the whole community and will last 5 days.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:03:42 pm by bitcrab »