Author Topic: bts need enough users to active market volume&depth ,not waste the blockchain  (Read 2383 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The best place where FMV could show it's real life use would be with this community.
I agree .. but it leaves the question of how to interpret the results ... community != shareholders ..
and voting with BTS (per stake) != voting with FMV (per individuum)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
we still don't have a easy &friendly enough mobile apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
The best place where FMV could show it's real life use would be with this community.

When doing a poll on the forum, we only know votes per users. Then we get a stakeholder vote on the graphene-ui for worker proposals, witnesses and committee members.

But how about having a way to gauge public opinion within bitshares?

I wouldn't mind having weekly polls in my inbox that ask my opinion about different ideas regarding the future of bitshares and having the results in real time with both metrics...vote by users and vote by stakes for each poll.

TravelsAsia

I think this is quite huge:
https://followmyvote.com/parallel-presidential-election-2016/

Came in todays newsletter
Nice proof of concept, nice demo, but how does it bring money in to fund new development of FMV?

Also I don't know why the focus is on political elections. Decision making in the more general sense is a far more profitable market and with less regulatory or political barriers.

Non-profits or even unions could use online voting.

Companies that want easy verifiable polls on existing or upcoming products.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think this is quite huge:
https://followmyvote.com/parallel-presidential-election-2016/

Came in todays newsletter
Nice proof of concept, nice demo, but how does it bring money in to fund new development of FMV?

Also I don't know why the focus is on political elections. Decision making in the more general sense is a far more profitable market and with less regulatory or political barriers.

Non-profits or even unions could use online voting.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I wonder when @ak publishes his news about when VOTE will be used big-time first .. AFAIR there is something bigger going on at FMV ..

That is political stuff. We are interested in practical usage for Bitshares. Political use by the PirateParty is nice for marketing but it's politics. Unless @ak can get some government contracts I don't see what the big deal is.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline svk

combine  dns(keyid) &vote
bring the shareholders what?

Costs in the form of high fees.

Last I heard from Toast he has moved to Ethereum and has his job at Google. It is likely that he is following the money which is rational for him to do.

Follow my Vote? I don't know what the hell happened with that. I also don't know what happened with the so called Marketing Director who got paid a king's salary and produced what?

Follow my Vote I suppose has produced good press and a new feature here and there. Was it worth the price? Maybe, maybe not, you decide. But the Marketing Director didn't result in the kind of success we had expected. Now we have to see how the referral program works and if we get better results.

Edit: Think I was wrong about how much Toast got in the merger, but he did at least control around 30 million BTS, guess he got it elsewhere, and it wasn't enough to keep him around..

As for FMV, we're still all waiting for the secret sauce that triggered that merger in the first place, but at least they're still around.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:09:55 pm by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I wonder when @ak publishes his news about when VOTE will be used big-time first .. AFAIR there is something bigger going on at FMV ..

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Costs in the form of high fees.

Last I heard from Toast he has moved to Ethereum and has his job at Google. It is likely that he is following the money which is rational for him to do.

Follow my Vote? I don't know what the hell happened with that. I also don't know what happened with the so called Marketing Director who got paid a king's salary and produced what?

Follow my Vote I suppose has produced good press and a new feature here and there. Was it worth the price? Maybe, maybe not, you decide. But the Marketing Director didn't result in the kind of success we had expected. Now we have to see how the referral program works and if we get better results.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:13:56 pm by luckybit »

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile
in the past  who said  follow my  vote   would bring  a lot of users?

now the vote function is powerful &friendly  enough for users?