Author Topic: Importing Help  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
That Worked
Thank you, again, Xeroc
I created a second recovery wallet, and all my funds have now been claimed (non were reclaimed) and are available in my 2.0 wallet!

Now I've just got to back all this 2.0 stuff up.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm having a similar problem.

I first loaded a 0.9.3c wallet containing a partial set of keys into a Bitshares2-light client.
This worked, loading the partial set of keys and funds into the account.

I later recovered the full set of keys in the 0.9.3c wallet, and exported this with all my funds recorded.

Then when I tried to re-import the wallet the second time, it indicated it could see the total number of additional keys, but it said
“This wallet has already been imported”
What is the easiest way to get around this problem, and get all my recovered keys and funds loaded into a Bitshares 2 client?
You could create a new wallet from the wallet management console and reimport your wallet there .. however .. funds already claimed are no longer available for "re-claim".

Do you see all your funds in the Bitshares 0.9.3 client?

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
I'm having a similar problem.

I first loaded a 0.9.3c wallet containing a partial set of keys into a Bitshares2-light client.
This worked, loading the partial set of keys and funds into the account.

I later recovered the full set of keys in the 0.9.3c wallet, and exported this with all my funds recorded.

Then when I tried to re-import the wallet the second time, it indicated it could see the total number of additional keys, but it said
“This wallet has already been imported”
What is the easiest way to get around this problem, and get all my recovered keys and funds loaded into a Bitshares 2 client?

chryspano

I'm in a similar position, I have 31000 keys and I have one failed attempt to migrate from 0.9.3c to 2.0. It seems that in my first try I interrupted (after half an hour) the key importation by trying to create a backup and later by closing the openledger thinking that the key importation was complete.

Now I'm trying to import again in a different browser and this time I'm not touching anything until the process is over. So far  I'm in the "Import Keys...." screen for almost 12 hours, I remember other forum members saying that it took them 18 hours to complete the importation and in some cases days. Also there was an advice to follow a different method to import your keys, if you had lots of keys and you can't wait until this is fixed(maybe it's for CLI wallet), I don't have the link right now but if you search the post history of DataSecurityNode you will find the thread, its only 1-2 days old.

The issue seems to be only to those who have lots of keys and I think will be fixed at some point.

I will report later again when I have news from my second attempt...

Offline mint chocolate chip

I was able to transfer my web wallet to the OpenLedger, account and balance worked.

Now with that same OpenLedger wallet, i try to import from .9.3c I have issues...
When I try to import keys.json from .9.3c, I get the "Password matches, Loading...", then after 10 minutes it shows the accounts and the 70,000 private keys, but it says no balance at the bottom, I click import anyway. I let it run, the first time I did this it loaded for hours, second time for 24 hours, but both times it just shows the circle loading endlessly. When I stop it, the accounts are in my wallet, but they have no balance, clicking balance claims gets it endlessly loading again saying Loading balance claims... When I try to import again, it says "This wallet has already been imported." If I close the browser, when I reopen OpenLedger only the original web wallet account is there, and all the other accounts that were imported via .9.3c are not visible as if I never imported them into this wallet.

What am I doing wrong?