Author Topic: [POLL] Hangout Transcripts = BitShares History : Would you donate to help fund?  (Read 4694 times)

Offline fuzzy

Am I missing something here?

I thought the new big ass butt to kiss (aka brownie distributor) had been given unlimited brownies just for stuff like that?

Doesn't he sees initiative other than his own show as having similar value [let's not talk about bigger or beyond impact here; pun...well you know]  and so deserving brownies?

I do and I plan to pay it out every week.  But then again, I must also be a big ass butt to kiss for HIGHFIVEs and FISTBUMPs...

Ironically it seems you hate me Tony...no clue why, but I recall one time when you said "you definitely add alot of value fuzzy, just not sure how to quantify it".  Seems you have changed your mind...somewhere around the time I asked you in mumble to let someone speak before you kept attacking.  That is the pivot point and I think it is important that everyone should probably know a little bit more about you...since you are so intent on me.  Once again... you are trying to shut down another beautiful attempt to make something valuable for bitshares...and it is becomming apparent to more than just me bro.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:09:08 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BitShares News

• The Source for Hangout Transcripts
    • View Profile
    • BitShares Blockchain News
  • BitShares: bitshares-news
This blog has ceased operation. http://goo.gl/2uU8s7

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Am I missing something here?

I thought the new big ass butt to kiss (aka brownie distributor) had been given unlimited brownies just for stuff like that?

Doesn't he sees initiative other than his own show as having similar value [let's not talk about bigger or beyond impact here; pun...well you know]  and so deserving brownies?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

I picked the last option. but if the post office start giving me decent hours I will donate to you.

edit: or if this btc/ppc rally continues the way it has been for a while.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:58:40 am by merockstar »

Offline BitShares News

• View Profile
#sharebits "abit" 5 FISTBUMP
#sharebits "abit" 1000 PERCENT
#sharebits "roadscape" 5 FISTBUMP
#sharebits "roadscape" 2500 PERCENT

Thank you!

Offline BitShares News

• View Profile

Offline BitShares News

• View Profile
Why we're taking this Poll

We'd like to determine how many of you are enjoying reading the weekly Hangout Transcript and how many of you wouldn't mind donating a little each week to help offset our cost and time to produce them.

Hangout Transcripts cost between $60 - $100+ USD depending upon length of the Hangout. 

For the past 6 months we have funded the Hangout Transcripts out of our own pockets totaling $1,715 or we've written them on our own which takes between 6-10 hours on average.

At times Dan (bytemaster), Beyond Bitcoin (fuzzy) and onceuponatime were kind enough to give us Brownie.PTS (or BTS) that were converted to BTS>BTC>USD, mostly when BTC was well under $300, which covered $670 of our out of pocket cost. THANK YOU!!!

This leaves us with an expense of $1045 (plus many hours of labor ourselves) for Hangout Transcripts.

Our Solution

Recently we setup our own blog at BitSharesNews.info in an attempt to offset some of these cost by bringing in referral income.

However since we are a newly established blog we have very few readers and only one (non LT) referral at this point, but we're trying!

Before we end up spending all of our BitShares investment on Hangout Transcripts we thought we'd try to bring some more awareness to the fact that :

1) Someone is actually typing up Hangout Transcripts and you can read them for FREE!
     2) This is BitShares History!
     3) It cost $60 - $100+ per Transcript out of our own pocket.
     4) Referral's are hard to come by at this early stage.
     5) We have spent over $1,000 to date plus many, many hours of our time on Hangout Transcripts.

Our Plea for Help

If just 20 readers donated around 500-1,000 BTS (or whatever you can afford) each week it would help us tremendously and allow us to continue providing Hangout Transcripts for the BitShares Community.

This original content is great Google food (SEO), raises awareness of BitShares, makes it easy to search and find what was said during a Hangout and documents BitShares History for eternity on the internet.

We'd like to have a little BTS left when things take off and we think Hangout Transcripts can assist in doing just that!  :D

If you would like to donate anything, no matter how small, no matter which UIA or SmartCoin, please send to :

BTS : bts-transcriptor
     BTC : 1MLHMGjpLN7pgoPKPhJ8pswa8w8ddCPQvM

When our blog takes off and we're able to cover our cost for Hangout Transcripts with referrals we will stop asking for donations.

Thank you BitShares Community!