Author Topic: Emergency Measure - Temporary Shutdown of MineBitShares  (Read 49818 times)

Offline JWF

• Bought BTS seeds cheap, now I'm watching them grow
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • BitShares: jwf
Any kind of time frame available for when this will be fixed? no payouts this week and no clue if any of the work performed is logged correctly is not making this look good, again. I know there are only a few of us now, but if it doesn't get working for us, then who in their right mind would join up?

Offline CalabiYau

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Just to update everyone on where things are at.

Our node went out of sync last week and caused some of the payouts over the past 4 days to get backed up. When we got the node back online it was long enough for a payout from what was in the wallet got processed but it was forked. So last night we finally got the node back in sync with the network to be able to access the funds. However, the next payout that occurs would be based on shares mined in the last day instead of the last 4 days. So those that stopped for some reason then would lose their payouts. Not good.

To make matters worse our account was frozen by Poloniex as well at one point for what they called excessive depositing. We are lowering the frequency as they requested and they unfrozen the account.

Given this situation I contacted the developers to get the logs for the payout from the previous day so that we can get the shares at that time and then do a manual payout according to that. I haven't gotten a response to my request yet, so I ask for everyone to be patient as we sort it out. Until then I moved the funds (about 35k bts) out of the payout account to the bunkermining account temporarily.

This event has revealed some parts to the workings of the pool still needs a little more done.

In regards to other development things slowed down during the holidays and things are just starting to ramp up again. Still welcome more feedback on any bugs or issues you may find.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kuro112

Any update on payouts?  Still issues with Poloniex updating their wallet?

Last payout received 7 days ago. Meanwhile: 
https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=cryptofresh#/account/minebts1.bunkermining-com/overview/

Code: [Select]
OPERATION INFO DATE
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,447.73856 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  16 hours ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,558.82471 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  20 hours ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,377.22542 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  yesterday
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,468.4435 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  2 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,429.97206 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  2 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,405.02365 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  2 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,619.05827 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,562.14475 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,540.8454 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 2,000.88592 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,782.39623 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,289.66 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,275.77144 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,314.46869 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,355.5806 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,314.33094 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,281.04836 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,466.11368 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  5 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,367.57474 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  7 days ago
TRANSFER

Interested in update also.

Polo had disabled the account we used due to the frequency and size of transactions (uwotm8)
we are seeking a solution to this right now and bunker will update when he has a chance.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Also a website issue.  On the main page the "get started today" link in the center of the screen does nothing.  Link in the upper right works.  Using Firefox 43.0.4.

Offline CalabiYau

Last payout received 7 days ago. Meanwhile: 
https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=cryptofresh#/account/minebts1.bunkermining-com/overview/

Code: [Select]
OPERATION INFO DATE
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,447.73856 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  16 hours ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,558.82471 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  20 hours ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,377.22542 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  yesterday
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,468.4435 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  2 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,429.97206 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  2 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,405.02365 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  2 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,619.05827 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,562.14475 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,540.8454 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 2,000.88592 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,782.39623 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  3 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,289.66 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,275.77144 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,314.46869 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,355.5806 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,314.33094 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,281.04836 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  4 days ago
TRANSFER bittrex-deposit sent 1,466.11368 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  5 days ago
TRANSFER poloniexwallet sent 1,367.57474 BTS to minebts1.bunkermining-com  7 days ago
TRANSFER

Interested in update also.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
Just a follow up here, while the chart may no longer displaying hashing power, please continue mining as funds are being converted to BTS and everyone is being actively credited. Right now there is a hold up at Poloniex for BTS withdrawals, once that's resolved everything will continue as normal.
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline oakmaster

we need a little more hash on sha256 I don't think I'm doing anything by myself it sucks cause I sold my antminers s1's and my s2 cause the power to profit was worth it if I still had them they all would be at bunkermining

Feel free to recommend low diff sha256 coins to add to pool as its not producing any blocks with this low hashrate.
is there anyway to forward the hash to nicehash at least this way even if there's only a few ppl hashing on sha but altogether it's still a low hashrate there can still be a payment cause nicehash pays for every accepted share just I thought I'm not a programmer so I don't no if it's a lot of work but if it isn't than even the guys with USB sticks can collect a few bts than when our rate goes up it'll swith to regular coins

Unfortunately this was one of our feature parameters of the contract for the mining pool that will not be fulfilled by freebieserver.

Keep in mind though that we are ONLY TESTING right now. We have not gone into production. We are also only in an early version for the pool that will have many more things to come in the near future.

Once we go into production, we can start to publicly invite anyone to mine the pool and we should have our hash rates increase. I know that there are many with sha256 who are just waiting for us to be finished.

I also plan to buy some hashing power from these rig leasing places when we get started to help prop up the hash of the pool for a little while until we get word spreading.
sounds good I figured that being the pool not really be advertised so there's really not a lot of hash right now once it's ready I'm sure some more ppl with sha rigs will be on I'm just waiting till after the holidays are over than I have plans to retire my rig I have now and get a s7 that I'll run here thanks for the update I'm sure this pool will be a success

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
Fixed an issue with case-sensitivity with miners' BTS 2.0 addresses
Removed the color white from the charts
Added txid to payments log / database
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
Status Update

All the mining has now moved to mining.bunkermining.com and is no longer functional on the IP address that was posted here.

The operation caused some downtime due to DNS propagation issues, but it was done within about 30 minutes total.

If you haven't updated your configurations please do so now to resume your testing.

We had some challenges in the switch over. We will continue to monitor the situation and make fixes as needed.

Link http://www.bunkermining.com/dashboard/getstarted

we need a little more hash on sha256 I don't think I'm doing anything by myself it sucks cause I sold my antminers s1's and my s2 cause the power to profit was worth it if I still had them they all would be at bunkermining

Feel free to recommend low diff sha256 coins to add to pool as its not producing any blocks with this low hashrate.
is there anyway to forward the hash to nicehash at least this way even if there's only a few ppl hashing on sha but altogether it's still a low hashrate there can still be a payment cause nicehash pays for every accepted share just I thought I'm not a programmer so I don't no if it's a lot of work but if it isn't than even the guys with USB sticks can collect a few bts than when our rate goes up it'll swith to regular coins

Unfortunately this was one of our feature parameters of the contract for the mining pool that will not be fulfilled by freebieserver.

Keep in mind though that we are ONLY TESTING right now. We have not gone into production. We are also only in an early version for the pool that will have many more things to come in the near future.

Once we go into production, we can start to publicly invite anyone to mine the pool and we should have our hash rates increase. I know that there are many with sha256 who are just waiting for us to be finished.

I also plan to buy some hashing power from these rig leasing places when we get started to help prop up the hash of the pool for a little while until we get word spreading.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Status Update

All the mining has now moved to mining.bunkermining.com and is no longer functional on the IP address that was posted here.

The operation caused some downtime due to DNS propagation issues, but it was done within about 30 minutes total.

If you haven't updated your configurations please do so now to resume your testing.

We had some challenges in the switch over. We will continue to monitor the situation and make fixes as needed.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline oakmaster

Offline proctologic

• View Profile