Author Topic: how many addtional risk as a bitCNY shorters(with fucntion settlement)?  (Read 2902 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
settlement should be Limited within a certain range of collateral rate

when collateral rate of bill  went into for example  ≤150%  bitAsset can start settlement
but when all collateral rate is enough   for example ≥200%  no need to  settlement

bitUSD lack Acceptance dealer    for example 1.1USD sell bitUSD at the same time  1.09 buy bitUSD
provide liquidity & make profit

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
It's alike but not same. In 0.9 one can re-short and close earlier position so that she won't be settled, a lot safer for shorters. In 2.0 shorts come with more risks.

Thank you, good point.
I do agree there are more risks for shorts in 2.0, i've been floating the short's version of "forced settlement" to reduce those risks, a "forced buying" where a short can always buy from the fee pool at feed+ some percentage. Shorts will have more risk than longs, so bitCNY > CNY, but at least shorts would have a backstop in case of a short squeeze.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
they said, you should know these risks when you borrow, but many shorters' positions come from 0.9.*, no force settlement at that time, they are now rudely added the force settlement.

and, from any perspective, the force settlement rule do much more bad than good, it remove the incentive to short but benefit speculators most.

I know this rule is there, but I strongly suggest to disable it for BitCNY, it is not to change Bitshares for one business, but to change Bitshares to protect the users, to benefit a big sub-community.

0.9.* had essentially the same forced settlement rules as bitshares2.0. All positions older than 30 days old were available for sale at the feed, in order of collatoralization. just like in 2.0 where all positions are available for sale at feed in order of collateralization.
It's alike but not same. In 0.9 one can re-short and close earlier position so that she won't be settled, a lot safer for shorters. In 2.0 shorts come with more risks.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
they said, you should know these risks when you borrow, but many shorters' positions come from 0.9.*, no force settlement at that time, they are now rudely added the force settlement.

and, from any perspective, the force settlement rule do much more bad than good, it remove the incentive to short but benefit speculators most.

I know this rule is there, but I strongly suggest to disable it for BitCNY, it is not to change Bitshares for one business, but to change Bitshares to protect the users, to benefit a big sub-community.

0.9.* had essentially the same forced settlement rules as bitshares2.0. All positions older than 30 days old were available for sale at the feed, in order of collatoralization. just like in 2.0 where all positions are available for sale at feed in order of collateralization.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
yes, they know the risk, so they don't short.
I would like to know which guy know the risk before they short.
and I want to ask the people who support settlement,
how much have you short, how much will you short, how much will you sell 1bitCNY for CNY.
have force settlement  bitcny/cny >=1
without force settlement  bitcny/cny<=1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Zapply

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Zapstar

even those the short is right BTS price go up you can't buy the reasonable price and you just can only wait for Margin Call and lost your BTS. 100% lost or slave keep on top up to avoid Margin Call

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
BitCrab and Alt. Please stop making so many threads on the same subject.

I think there needs to be a safe zone like I think sudo is saying.

If your collateral is > X% you can't be margin called or be made to force settle. 

I also think maybe we need to make force settle < 1-1 maybe 0.99. So that there is a cost and so that BitAssets trade closer to 1-1.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
settlement should be Limited within a certain range of collateral rate

when collateral rate of bill  went into for example  ≤150%  bitAsset can start settlement
but when all collateral rate is enough   for example ≥200%  no need to  settlement

bitUSD lack Acceptance dealer    for example 1.1USD sell bitUSD at the same time  1.09 buy bitUSD
provide liquidity & make profit

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
yes, they know the risk, so they don't short.
I would like to know which guy know the risk before they short.
and I want to ask the people who support settlement,
how much have you short, how much will you short, how much will you sell 1bitCNY for CNY.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
as a traditional market shorter, when the bitCNY price is rise, I have two choise:
1. add collatereal to avoid margin call, and wait the price down.
2. quit short position imediately, avoid more lose.

but as a BTS wallet shorter, when the bitCNY price is rise, you have no choise, just wait to being rob:
1. you want to add collatereal to avoid margin call, sorry, I can ask force settlement for you.  don't say others can be settlement first than you,
     here we analize all shorter's risk, and what ever how high your collatereal is, you can't make sure you are run away from be settlement.
2. you want to quit short position, sorry, I  don't want to sell my bitCNY to you. don't say others can sell bitCNY to you. if I holder 100 bitCNY,
     there are always 100 bitCNY short position can't run away.

there are such an aditional risk for BTS wallet shorters, any aditional profit? sorry, I don't want to tell you about these now!
so, if you are not foolish, don't short at the BTS wallet.