Author Topic: Increasing BitShares Revenue  (Read 7219 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
do you have a link to your playlist @Akado ?

I'm sorry I probably didn't write it in the best way. I have a list of  videos that I think should be done and could be helpful on the OpenLedger Suggestions Thread. I don't have the videos though. I would actually like to try it but I dont have time at the moment and have never done it so I might just try doing something for fun when I have more time. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure someone more proficient than me would be able to do them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
do you have a link to your playlist @Akado ?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I'd trade more if there was a stable, non-changing environment for more than 2 days straight

volatility (a changing environment is what traders want)

i would be providing you geeks with liquidity if I could only get my keys imported. I've been importing them for 24 hrs on a windows machine web wallet through firefox browser, and also a linux webwallet through firefox for 36 hours and my "importing keys" icons are still spinning. How many days does this bullshit take?

I'm dying to get in on these huge spreads but i'm locked out

I've got another computer whose webwallet wont sync and another with lightwallet installed that does not have the option to import keys

does it matter if i have an account on OPen Ledger created already?

Bottom line is that if you can't make money in the most.volatile of markets, then you are dumb as the moron who still can't even import BTS even with the  whole 0.9.3 export with command line due to windows machine BS

What is the longest amount of time someone has waited for their keys to import:

48hrs?
96 hrs?
2 weeks?

Have you tried the light client too?

@rgcrypto I think that list of videos I made would help people to get in and try it out. As for explicit how to train stuff, there are already lots of info out on the internet I guess, it's just a mater of searching. What people need is to know how to use OpenLedger, its functionalities, how they can be used, what are they used for, etc
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

On the waiting thing? - I guy grew a beard so long while waiting on the keys to import, Guinness themselves came to ask him to include him in their book.

"You shall not import!"

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I'd trade more if there was a stable, non-changing environment for more than 2 days straight

volatility (a changing environment is what traders want)

i would be providing you geeks with liquidity if I could only get my keys imported. I've been importing them for 24 hrs on a windows machine web wallet through firefox browser, and also a linux webwallet through firefox for 36 hours and my "importing keys" icons are still spinning. How many days does this bullshit take?

I'm dying to get in on these huge spreads but i'm locked out

I've got another computer whose webwallet wont sync and another with lightwallet installed that does not have the option to import keys

does it matter if i have an account on OPen Ledger created already?

Bottom line is that if you can't make money in the most.volatile of markets, then you are dumb as the moron who still can't even import BTS even with the  whole 0.9.3 export with command line due to windows machine BS

What is the longest amount of time someone has waited for their keys to import:

48hrs?
96 hrs?
2 weeks?

I pretty sure he did not mean volatility but anyways.

On the waiting thing? - I guy grew a beard so long while waiting on the keys to import, Guinness themselves came to ask him to include him in their book.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I may not be the only one here in this situation.

I really like the bitshares and what it stands for BUT I find myself looking at openledger and I have no clue how I can make money doing day trading on it. Absolutely no clue.

If I had enough knowledge to at least believe I could make money trading on it, I would be using a lot more. I would be trading on multiple market and generate fees to the network.

Now, who do you know that could teach people like me to use OL for daytrading?
This is a golden opportunity for someone who has this knowledge to make referral revenue.

Please reply if you:
- Want to learn how to daytrade on OpenLedger
- Already have experience daytrading on the network.

We need an army of bloggers.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I mean, why is this  information  available only in Chinese?
I see the updates - how the bot is doing and so on - regularly, but no one is translating them into English. And the transwise stock (or an IOU for it) is trading on the BTS DEX as well, right?

PS
I other words, I mean more or less the opposite - why there is not more advertising for these options in English.
PSS
and do not worry, many native speakers do not understand part of my posts as well - this is my not so perfect English.
I don't know, as I know, almost no ad in Chinese also,bitcrab just tell this at QQ group of transwiser.
maybe he is not  very good at the marketing thing

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
You know that there is no English translation/advertisement/updates for those right?
don't know why,
many times, I know every word in your reply, but I don't understand the meanning
do you mean this is my ad for transwiser?

I mean, why is this  information  available only in Chinese?
I see the updates - how the bot is doing and so on - regularly, but no one is translating them into English. And the transwise stock (or an IOU for it) is trading on the BTS DEX as well, right?

PS
I other words, I mean more or less the opposite - why there is not more advertising for these options in English.
PSS
and do not worry, many native speakers do not understand part of my posts as well - this is my not so perfect English.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:24:19 am by tonyk »

Offline alt

• View Profile
You know that there is no English translation/advertisement/updates for those right?
don't know why,
many times, I know every word in your reply, but I don't understand the meanning
do you mean this is my ad for transwiser?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am disappointed by the replies so far.

Sorry I took it as a  joke.

"Already have experience daytrading on the network."

You cannot daytrade on a network were the whole daily volume has to be a profit for you, to make worth your time.
 You can do it for fun like I do, though.

Hey tonyk, here is how I see it:

1. If more users knew how to use OL and used it for "fun-trading", they would probably throw more money into it.
2. More trading = More liquidity
3. More liquidity = More users

Or we can just all sit here with a DEX that no one uses, complain to no end and wait for a miracle to happen.
well, if you think that's all it takes I do my part.
So you can just start doing it. I do not think the call for action - "let's all do it" will help much.

Also if you read my other post about my BTS experience - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20356.msg262356.html#msg262356
 be prepared - it is 'fun' in a very twisted kind of way.

If we had a weekly live session where you could learn how to profit from opportunities on the DEX, bridges and gateways...would you show up?
Only after BM implements option contracts on the BTS DEX. Then, I will gladly teach everyone interested all 1000 pages of "Options as a strategic investment" ...and I am not kidding - I love options.

If we had a weekly live session where you could learn how to profit from opportunities on the DEX, bridges and gateways...would you show up?

I'm basically on call so can't answer that with any certainty.

I would read the transcript if it were available.
I have some transcript for the profit.
1. get profit from fiat gateway.
1) borrow bitCNY, buy transwiser's stock, share the profit from transwiser.
2) borrow bitCNY, be a market maker at market botscny:bitcny, sell bitCNY at price 1.01BOTSCNY, buy at price 0.99.
botscny is a IOU CNY can exchange from transwiser.

+ 1 lol, funny but true.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:57:58 am by tonyk »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline alt

• View Profile

I have some transcript for the profit.
1. get profit from fiat gateway.
1) borrow bitCNY, buy transwiser's stock, share the profit from transwiser.
2) borrow bitCNY, be a market maker at market botscny:bitcny, sell bitCNY at price 1.01BOTSCNY, buy at price 0.99.
botscny is a IOU CNY can exchange from transwiser.

2. get profit from MPA's peg offset
for example, USD's price is about 10% offset, and CNY's price is 0% offset,
you can borrow bitUSD to buy BTS, then sell these BTS for bitCNY. you'll get  10% profit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:52:40 am by alt »

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

You cannot daytrade on a network were the whole daily volume has to be a profit for you, to make worth your time.

1. If more users knew how to use OL and used it for "fun-trading", they would probably throw more money into it.

Or we can just all sit here with a DEX that no one uses, complain to no end and wait for a miracle to happen.
So you can just start doing it. I do not think the call for action - "let's all do it" will help much.

Also if you read my other post about my BTS experience - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20356.msg262356.html#msg262356

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
in a no depth and liquidity marketing I don't think a daytrader can make much money from the market. they're most earned from rule. but this money comes from others lost. currently this is a hurt to the whole system.

I am no expert but isn't it the very nature of wall street and forex to have winners and losers?

And if we want more liquid market, what do we need?

More trading?

the answer to this question is more people shorting, I think.
I don't encorage people borrow bitCNY/bitUSD to buy  BTS/BTC
I encorage people borrow bitCNY to be a fiat gateway of fiat CNY, buy/sell bitCNY at price 1.0 CNY, gain the exchange fee
or borrow bitCNY to buy a gateway's stock, add volume of the gateway.

I want these people can get a low risk profit from the gateway business.

when the liquility of bitasset is solved, the liquility of market will be solved.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline wallace

• View Profile
in a no depth and liquidity marketing I don't think a daytrader can make much money from the market. they're most earned from rule. but this money comes from others lost. currently this is a hurt to the whole system.

I am no expert but isn't it the very nature of wall street and forex to have winners and losers?

More trading?

you're right, but the reality is we're not wall street, we don't have much users. it's easy to die.

Just curious, are you a daytrader? Are you trading on another platform because there is no enough opportunities on openledger?

absolutely I'm not, but I think maybe Ander is, but I'm sure he does not trade on openledger at this time. Poloniex is his battlefield. for a daytrader he earn the money by sell high and buy low, not from the rule.
give me money, I will do...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

More trading?

you're right, but the reality is we're not wall street, we don't have much users. it's easy to die.
@wallace what is the proper translation of this word (Chinese) that google translate translates to "Cancer"

问题的根源在于bitcny应用场景太少,除了巨蟹几乎没有应用场景可以提供流动性

Cancer (with the upper C) is the name of a constellation .

EG.
For Cancer, Neptune has been blessing your eighth house of trust and sharing ( sex and money).

Cancerians are supposed to be romantic and home-loving people.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:04:51 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

guys please stop this conversation ;)

the "巨蟹" was translated to "cancer" because of the stupid google translate app. all you need to know is the "巨蟹" is transwiser

hope you know I said that only in good humor :)

More trading?

the answer to this question is more people shorting, I think.

Offline wallace

• View Profile

More trading?

@wallace what is the proper translation of this word (Chinese) that google translate translates to "Cancer"

thank you for pointing this out. I got a good laugh
The root problem is too little bitcny application scenarios, in addition to Cancer almost no scenarios can provide liquidity

I choose to support Cancer at this stage, but I do not deny the function does not make sense to force liquidation

guys please stop this conversation ;)

the "巨蟹" was translated to "cancer" because of the stupid google translate app. all you need to know is the "巨蟹" is transwiser

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline wallace

• View Profile

More trading?

see PM

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

More trading?

thank you for pointing this out. I got a good laugh
The root problem is too little bitcny application scenarios, in addition to Cancer almost no scenarios can provide liquidity

I choose to support Cancer at this stage, but I do not deny the function does not make sense to force liquidation

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

More trading?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

More trading?

Just curious, are you a daytrader? Are you trading on another platform because there is no enough opportunities on openledger?

Offline wallace

• View Profile

More trading?

Offline lzr1900

• View Profile

if you have brought at 0.02 CNY and sold at 0,04 CNY , that was 100% profit , shuang si .... +5% +5%
very shuang

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
if you have brought at 0.02 CNY and sold at 0,04 CNY , that was 100% profit , shuang si .... +5% +5%
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

More trading?

Offline wallace

• View Profile

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I may not be the only one here in this situation.

I really like the bitshares and what it stands for BUT I find myself looking at openledger and I have no clue how I can make money doing day trading on it. Absolutely no clue.

If I had enough knowledge to at least believe I could make money trading on it, I would be using a lot more. I would be trading on multiple market and generate fees to the network.

Now, who do you know that could teach people like me to use OL for daytrading?
This is a golden opportunity for someone who has this knowledge to make referral revenue.

Please reply if you:
- Already have experience daytrading on the network.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:49:57 am by rgcrypto »