Author Topic: Dynamic account permissions?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Stealth, multisig, changing UIA parameters are only 3 examples of features that have inadequate information on how to use, and limited to zero functionality in the GUI to access.

+5%  +5%  +5%

1. Stealth will bring whales and savers.

2. Multisig will bring businesses and their investors.

3. UIA/FBA needs an "Asset Bot" that creates/updates/deletes assets for us and shields those account holders from the tyrants.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Thom

I am so glad you raised this issue clout. How many other "features" of 2.0 have been pitched to the community as important (which they are) but yet we've not been provided the necessary information on how to use?

It essentially renders these important features useless to the community. So much of the BitShares ecosystem can be viewed in this light. Even how to use stealth accounts from the cli was not documented very well. I have just gone through the exercise of setting up a stealth account and transferring funds into it as a test and to familiarize myself with the existing functionality. It is very cumbersome to use and IMO not very practical right now.

Stealth, multisig, changing UIA parameters are only 3 examples of features that have inadequate information on how to use, and limited to zero functionality in the GUI to access.

This highlights one of the largest shortcomings of the BitShares ecosystem from it's earliest days to the present, a lack of documentation and information. Mumble is a good way to get information at a 5000 or 10000 foot level about features and plans out into the community, but quite ineffective for practical, ground level information. Mumble is more about sales, marketing and policy when you get down to it, not about getting things accomplished. For that we need more detailed information.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

clout

Am I not right in thinking that this is one of our most necessary features, even more necessary than stealth transfers? If we can use dynamic account permissions (i.e. multisig accounts) then we can improve Bitshares governance process and the delegation of resources to sub committees that manage a particular business affair.

This would be applicable to the neutral market maker proposal I have discussed in this thread.

If we get this feature up, our workers would essentially be a committee that required some threshold of consensus to use its allocated budget. If they could not come to consensus then the funds would be inaccessible (i.e. burned/destroyed). Thus, these worker committees could be comprised of community members that were not fully public but somewhat trusted.  Assuming that the threshold were 100% (unanimous consensus) then only one honest/trustworthy member would be needed to ensure that the budget was not used fraudulently. The larger the worker committee, the greater the probability that there would be one honest member within the group. We would easily be able to mitigate the risk of losing funds, while giving the community the opportunity to coordinate its actions without publicly identifying any members.

clout

If I want to make an account that is controlled by multiple other accounts how do I change the authority using the CLI?

If I want to propose a transaction from this account and have all other account owners ratify the transaction how do you do that from the CLI?

Can any of this be done from the GUI?
For the first one, try here: https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/clout/permissions

Yes i have seen this. If i change the authority for an account, I can no longer execute transactions from that account.  Let's say I own all of the authorities for this particular account. How do coordinate a transaction using all of the authority accounts?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
If I want to make an account that is controlled by multiple other accounts how do I change the authority using the CLI?

If I want to propose a transaction from this account and have all other account owners ratify the transaction how do you do that from the CLI?

For the first one, try here: https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/account/clout/permissions
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
AFAIK the cli_wallet cannot change that particular setting of the account yet .. I wanted to read into it and write a tutorial about it but haven't had the time ..
If you are tech savvy .. you could take alook at the sources of the web wallet and try to figure it out ..

Sorry I can't help more here atm ..

clout