Author Topic: Increasing BitShares Revenue  (Read 7216 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am disappointed by the replies so far.

Sorry I took it as a  joke.

- Want to learn how to daytrade on OpenLedger
"Already have experience daytrading on the network."

You cannot daytrade on a network were the whole daily volume has to be a profit for you, to make worth your time.
 You can do it for fun like I do, though.

Hey tonyk, here is how I see it:

1. If more users knew how to use OL and used it for "fun-trading", they would probably throw more money into it.
2. More trading = More liquidity
3. More liquidity = More users

Or we can just all sit here with a DEX that no one uses, complain to no end and wait for a miracle to happen.
well, if you think that's all it takes I do my part.
So you can just start doing it. I do not think the call for action - "let's all do it" will help much.

Also if you read my other post about my BTS experience - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20356.msg262356.html#msg262356
 be prepared - it is 'fun' in a very twisted kind of way.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
in a no depth and liquidity marketing I don't think a daytrader can make much money from the market. they're most earned from rule. but this money comes from others lost. currently this is a hurt to the whole system.

I am no expert but isn't it the very nature of wall street and forex to have winners and losers?

And if we want more liquid market, what do we need?

More trading?

the answer to this question is more people shorting, I think.
I don't encorage people borrow bitCNY/bitUSD to buy  BTS/BTC
I encorage people borrow bitCNY to be a fiat gateway of fiat CNY, buy/sell bitCNY at price 1.0 CNY, gain the exchange fee
or borrow bitCNY to buy a gateway's stock, add volume of the gateway.

I want these people can get a low risk profit from the gateway business.

when the liquility of bitasset is solved, the liquility of market will be solved.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

You cannot daytrade on a network were the whole daily volume has to be a profit for you, to make worth your time.

Hey tonyk, here is how I see it:

1. If more users knew how to use OL and used it for "fun-trading", they would probably throw more money into it.
2. More trading = More liquidity
3. More liquidity = More users

Or we can just all sit here with a DEX that no one uses, complain to no end and wait for a miracle to happen.

Offline wallace

• View Profile
in a no depth and liquidity marketing I don't think a daytrader can make much money from the market. they're most earned from rule. but this money comes from others lost. currently this is a hurt to the whole system.

I am no expert but isn't it the very nature of wall street and forex to have winners and losers?

More trading?

you're right, but the reality is we're not wall street, we don't have much users. it's easy to die.

Just curious, are you a daytrader? Are you trading on another platform because there is no enough opportunities on openledger?

absolutely I'm not, but I think maybe Ander is, but I'm sure he does not trade on openledger at this time. Poloniex is his battlefield. for a daytrader he earn the money by sell high and buy low, not from the rule.
give me money, I will do...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

More trading?

you're right, but the reality is we're not wall street, we don't have much users. it's easy to die.
@wallace what is the proper translation of this word (Chinese) that google translate translates to "Cancer"

问题的根源在于bitcny应用场景太少,除了巨蟹几乎没有应用场景可以提供流动性

Cancer (with the upper C) is the name of a constellation .

EG.
For Cancer, Neptune has been blessing your eighth house of trust and sharing ( sex and money).

Cancerians are supposed to be romantic and home-loving people.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:04:51 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

guys please stop this conversation ;)

the "巨蟹" was translated to "cancer" because of the stupid google translate app. all you need to know is the "巨蟹" is transwiser

hope you know I said that only in good humor :)

More trading?

the answer to this question is more people shorting, I think.

Offline wallace

• View Profile

More trading?

@wallace what is the proper translation of this word (Chinese) that google translate translates to "Cancer"

thank you for pointing this out. I got a good laugh
The root problem is too little bitcny application scenarios, in addition to Cancer almost no scenarios can provide liquidity

I choose to support Cancer at this stage, but I do not deny the function does not make sense to force liquidation

guys please stop this conversation ;)

the "巨蟹" was translated to "cancer" because of the stupid google translate app. all you need to know is the "巨蟹" is transwiser

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline wallace

• View Profile

More trading?

see PM

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

More trading?

thank you for pointing this out. I got a good laugh
The root problem is too little bitcny application scenarios, in addition to Cancer almost no scenarios can provide liquidity

I choose to support Cancer at this stage, but I do not deny the function does not make sense to force liquidation

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

More trading?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

More trading?

Just curious, are you a daytrader? Are you trading on another platform because there is no enough opportunities on openledger?

Offline wallace

• View Profile

More trading?