Author Topic: Bitshares Graphene-ui 2.0.151125 released  (Read 5235 times)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
I've pushed a change that makes it so the total displayed in the header is the total for all accounts controlled by the currently open wallet. It will no longer be affected by accounts that you're just browsing. If you control no accounts, no total will be displayed.

Is this the value displayed on the top line to the left of the settings gear / icon? Any reason you didn't use a label with it, like "Wallet Value:"
Yes. No label to keep it clean, it really shouldn't be necessary imo, there will be a tooltip though  breaking down the totals by asset.

I'm a bit fan of tool tips. I think almost everything should have one attached. A tool tip on that value is all that's required to explain what that number represents, and, it keeps the UI clean. I had to ask what it was, b/c I'm not sure it's right, or how it calculates the value. It doesn't seem to add up in my case and the wallet contains only 2 accounts with very few assets.

It doesn't currently total assets held as collateral or open orders....but it will for v1209 !!

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/584
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline Thom

I've pushed a change that makes it so the total displayed in the header is the total for all accounts controlled by the currently open wallet. It will no longer be affected by accounts that you're just browsing. If you control no accounts, no total will be displayed.

Is this the value displayed on the top line to the left of the settings gear / icon? Any reason you didn't use a label with it, like "Wallet Value:"
Yes. No label to keep it clean, it really shouldn't be necessary imo, there will be a tooltip though  breaking down the totals by asset.

I'm a bit fan of tool tips. I think almost everything should have one attached. A tool tip on that value is all that's required to explain what that number represents, and, it keeps the UI clean. I had to ask what it was, b/c I'm not sure it's right, or how it calculates the value. It doesn't seem to add up in my case and the wallet contains only 2 accounts with very few assets.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
Thanks for the tips. Best to retire this thread since we have more recent upgrade announcement threads.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey thera, here are the results of your tips...
  • svk: has been credited 100 SMILE
  • wmbutler: has been credited 100 SMILE
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline thera

• ~ sharing a SMILE is just a way of showing love ~
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: thera
Actually, @svk is the machine. If you guys want to give props, please do so for him. As far as I can tell he's doing this without any formal agreements (yet) from CNX. If he were to submit a worker proposal for his efforts, I'd fully support it.

Thank you @svk and @wmbutler!

#sharebits "svk" 100 SMILE
#sharebits "wmbutler" 100 SMILE

Feel free to share the SMILEs!  :)
gentleness is the greatest strength ~ iroquois proverb

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline svk

I find that very unexpected behaviour. Perhaps others disagree?

There should be an easy "My assets worth in $this" overview.

Done the way it is now, it definitely shouldn't keep the last account value when the dashboard is in focus.. then we have a number that refers to a subset of the total in the context of the total, it's confusing. Indeed, for some brief seconds my blood pressure shot up as it seemed BTS had gone even lower, as I (and the 3 other enthusiasts who happened to be around at that time) looked at the equivalent amount in EUR as shown by this version.. and this was before selecting ANY account (guess it picked the oldest or something).

The idea is good, but I think it needs to be contextualized better. Perhaps a smaller font and two lines: "My assets", and "Accounts I follow" .. something like that.

Thoughts?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
This should be posted on the BitShares Upgrade Annoucements thread
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I find that very unexpected behaviour. Perhaps others disagree?

There should be an easy "My assets worth in $this" overview.

Done the way it is now, it definitely shouldn't keep the last account value when the dashboard is in focus.. then we have a number that refers to a subset of the total in the context of the total, it's confusing. Indeed, for some brief seconds my blood pressure shot up as it seemed BTS had gone even lower, as I (and the 3 other enthusiasts who happened to be around at that time) looked at the equivalent amount in EUR as shown by this version.. and this was before selecting ANY account (guess it picked the oldest or something).

The idea is good, but I think it needs to be contextualized better. Perhaps a smaller font and two lines: "My assets", and "Accounts I follow" .. something like that.

Thoughts?

Offline svk

ATTENTION The "display total assets in chosen currency" is buggy. It only shows the totals for ONE account.

Furthermore, if an(other) account is selected, it updates, then back to the dashboard, and the "total" remains as the single total of the previously chosen account.

This is not a bug per se. It could of course be expanded to include all accounts that you control (and only those you control then), but right now it only includes the "current account" which is either the account you choose in the trade section, or the last account that you've viewed.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
ATTENTION The "display total assets in chosen currency" is buggy. It only shows the totals for ONE account.

Furthermore, if an(other) account is selected, it updates, then back to the dashboard, and the "total" remains as the single total of the previously chosen account.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Don't forget to update the download link at bitshares.org!

Also, can we have GPG signatures, or at the very least SHA256 checksums on the binaries ? (mention them when posting a new release announcement here)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
Actually, @svk is the machine. If you guys want to give props, please do so for him. As far as I can tell he's doing this without any formal agreements (yet) from CNX. If he were to submit a worker proposal for his efforts, I'd fully support it.