Author Topic: Obit (s) for Bitshares ...when the name says it all  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Chronos

I wait for Ander to start shit-posting on the forum; this is a clear buy signal.

When Ander starts making happy rah-rah post on the forum, it's time to bail baby!
How interesting. Ander is my contrarian signal as well.

Wait... what if Ander used himself as a contrarian signal? *mind blown*

Tuck Fheman

Actually the opposite - I am a ruthless speculator who does not mind repurchasing his BTS at half price and doubling the amount  owned.
To be honest I am not the greatest trader, so I survive on such clear signals alone.

I do something similar.

I wait for Ander to start shit-posting on the forum; this is a clear buy signal.

When Ander starts making happy rah-rah post on the forum, it's time to bail baby!

:P

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
The Obits crowd sale is not clear to me.

18 276 898 obits are offered for sale. Do these represent 100% of profits from both CCEDK and openledger or a different amount?

Are these just fee shares or shares in the company?

if its for 100% the $1.3 million valuation then it may make sense but anything less than 100% i find that valuation far too high.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Since English is not a native language for some of you, let me clarify that "obit" is commonly used in the vernacular to refer to "obituary". That may be his intended use...or it may not.

Hahaha... you are right! No matter how many times I read it I never made the connection.

Very morbid.

I am still trying to figure out what tonyk is going on about.I am guessing he doesn't like obits.. perhaps he doesn't like the competition to green light.

TK doesn't like that the OBits guy is dumping all his BTS on exchanges. I agree that sucks, but not sure how else to fund an operation since he can't exactly pay his bills in BTS or OBits.

Actually the opposite - I am a ruthless speculator who does not mind repurchasing his BTS at half price and doubling the amount  owned.
To be honest I am not the greatest trader, so I survive on such clear signals alone.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The good news is that despite high, wasteful inflation, the POW crypto-currency market had a good 2015.

A basket of the top 5 POW crypto-currencies would have given you a circa +25% return this year.

The BTC reward halving will represent a considerable saving, so expect 2016 to be even better.

I'm not sure what the problem with Obits is but if you considerably lower the weight of BTS in your portfolio you'll find you stress a lot less about Brownies/CNX/Obits/FMV/Other...

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Since English is not a native language for some of you, let me clarify that "obit" is commonly used in the vernacular to refer to "obituary". That may be his intended use...or it may not.

Hahaha... you are right! No matter how many times I read it I never made the connection.

Very morbid.

I am still trying to figure out what tonyk is going on about.I am guessing he doesn't like obits.. perhaps he doesn't like the competition to green light.

TK doesn't like that the OBits guy is dumping all his BTS on exchanges. I agree that sucks, but not sure how else to fund an operation since he can't exactly pay his bills in BTS or OBits.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Very morbid.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

oh thank you for this information...
I wasn't aware of ...!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

Can you be more specific, please? #unclear

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline testz

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I expect this to not be the popular opinion. Which is just another reason why it might be the correct one.

But more importantly the actions speak louder than  the words. The action also show that they pretty much know it, and they know it damn well.

ohh and do not expect me to fight it, I am a small fish so I just have to follow the trend to survive. I did survive the brownies initial wave of consequences that way and I am damn sure I will end the same way this time.

TonyK - The ruthless speculator who dares to sell when the project leaders think the price is going south, instead of fighting it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:11:02 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.