Author Topic: Is Blockchain-level Simple Market Making Bot Feasible?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I think it would be dead simple to add something like this, native to a client. 

Have it track a feed and you set a percentage offset for Bid and Ask.  Cancel and replace after some %change.

just designate some portion of your balance and hit go.

It could get lots more complicated obviously, but for this basic function what else would you need?

I may release a bot that does this from the API, but there's no reason it couldnt be added natively.  Sounds like a good FBA candidate perhaps.  Its a roundabout way of doing relative orders essentially.

Please do
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Xeldal

I think it would be dead simple to add something like this, native to a client. 

Have it track a feed and you set a percentage offset for Bid and Ask.  Cancel and replace after some %change.

just designate some portion of your balance and hit go.

It could get lots more complicated obviously, but for this basic function what else would you need?

I may release a bot that does this from the API, but there's no reason it couldnt be added natively.  Sounds like a good FBA candidate perhaps.  Its a roundabout way of doing relative orders essentially. 

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
As someone suggested, simple market making bot at blockchain level would increase liquidity a lot. For example, one can make market at BTC:OPENBTC with less risks. The MM bot can read information on blockchain(e.g. feed price, highest bid, lowest ask), calculate some conditions (e.g. ratio of CNY/KRW feed), tolerance, update interval, etc.
If it is not feasible right now, we may need an easy-to-use MM program (.exe or .dmg or python script)

Now I only have rough ideas. Your thoughts?
We're planning to run market-making bots on the bitshares exchange. Mostly it is a matter of adding an interface to the market api for graphene, so it shouldn't take too long. We plan to start the work some time this week.

Is it open for everyone under their own risk?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
As someone suggested, simple market making bot at blockchain level would increase liquidity a lot. For example, one can make market at BTC:OPENBTC with less risks. The MM bot can read information on blockchain(e.g. feed price, highest bid, lowest ask), calculate some conditions (e.g. ratio of CNY/KRW feed), tolerance, update interval, etc.
If it is not feasible right now, we may need an easy-to-use MM program (.exe or .dmg or python script)

We're planning to run market-making bots on the bitshares exchange. Mostly it is a matter of adding an interface to the market api for graphene, so it shouldn't take too long. We plan to start the work some time this week.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop