Author Topic: How will founder IDs be distributed?  (Read 8219 times)

Offline MarshallDragon

• View Profile
I guess I missed some 'key' information on this matter. I have posted a query to YPool about this. That is where I controll the PTS Wallet where my mined PTS were initially deposited.

This tweet from Cryptsy is not encouraging however:

" BigVern @cryptsy

We will not be participating in the PTS -> MemoryCoin conversion. If that is something you want, then withdraw to your local wallet.
"

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
RE: Claiming MMC

What if I have never used the PTS QT client at all ?

I mined all of my PTS using a couple of RHEL miners and all of the resulting PTS I contributed for my Founder ID went from Ypool to Crypsy and then on to the PTS wallet I was assigned.

How should I attempt to retrieve said MMC please ?

cheers in advance, and happy new year to all

If you never controlled the private keys, you never really owned the PTS and hence never had a stake in MMC. Sorry =[
(I'm not totally sure how Ypool works, but I assume they hold all the PTS and only send them to you when you ask to withdraw)
You *might* be able to contact Ypool and ask if you could pretty please have some MMC in proportion to how much you held at the time =\
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline MarshallDragon

• View Profile
RE: Claiming MMC

What if I have never used the PTS QT client at all ?

I mined all of my PTS using a couple of RHEL miners and all of the resulting PTS I contributed for my Founder ID went from Ypool to Crypsy and then on to the PTS wallet I was assigned.

How should I attempt to retrieve said MMC please ?

cheers in advance, and happy new year to all

Offline bytemaster

Transferring all your PTS to one address just means there is now one private key instead of several that control your shares. If you had them all in one wallet before, then it makes no difference security-wise (well, except that it's easier to brute-force all your shares, but that's not something you should be worried about). Since you already got your MMC there's no need to keep your old private keys around, though they will still be in your original wallet in case you want them for some reason.

As far as your bid goes, it makes no difference. As far as I can tell I3 is just associated your email with the PTS address you sent your coins to.

This is correct, we will provide a tool shortly that will allow you to generate your Brainwallet and the resulting Public / Private key for Keyhotee.   Then you can use your PTS address that we gave you in your email to register your public key with your identity.   We will provide detailed instructions.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Transferring all your PTS to one address just means there is now one private key instead of several that control your shares. If you had them all in one wallet before, then it makes no difference security-wise (well, except that it's easier to brute-force all your shares, but that's not something you should be worried about). Since you already got your MMC there's no need to keep your old private keys around, though they will still be in your original wallet in case you want them for some reason.

As far as your bid goes, it makes no difference. As far as I can tell I3 is just associated your email with the PTS address you sent your coins to.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Great staff... I didn't think I could do it and I very happy that I managed to obtain some MMCs with your guidance... Looking forward to Kehotee, bitshares and everything else... I feel very happy that from all the altcoins out there I found about PTS from the beggining...Although unfortunately I did not manage to get many cheap PTS in the beggining...

Final question..Does it matter if i transer all my funds to one adress? Is this safe? Will this affect my original bid for a Kehottee ID? Does this matter in any way?

I will send out some tips for all the help so far...

Pc1Xpa12JgbFPAZS9qLdHMkEsnqzXWpdbQ

Offline bytemaster

We will be releasing a version of Keyhotee that will allow you to generate your public/private key.  There will have to be a secondary registration step where you download Keyhotee and generate your ID.   We wanted to have this in your hands earlier, but will just be getting it out this week for Alpha testing.   

The genesis block initialization will be delayed until everyone has an opportunity to send us their public key.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Everything is very clear now to me. I will try to claim my MMCs later tonight and see what happens. Thank you very much.

Last questions.
1.When I tip someone how would he know that it is coming from me.
2. Qt wallets have something that says sign message. What is this? how do i sign a message? what is the purpose?

Merry Christmas to all and a happy PTS New Year! I really hope that PTS becomes popular like BTC since I have missed that train...

1, They would either have to know the address you were sending it from, or you would have to tell them the transaction ID of the tip
2, Signing a message is a way of proving that you control a specific address. This is mostly used by merchants to request payments
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Everything is very clear now to me. I will try to claim my MMCs later tonight and see what happens. Thank you very much.

Last questions.
1.When I tip someone how would he know that it is coming from me.
2. Qt wallets have something that says sign message. What is this? how do i sign a message? what is the purpose?

Merry Christmas to all and a happy PTS New Year! I really hope that PTS becomes popular like BTC since I have missed that train...

Offline gigamike

phoenix, JustHayden

thanks for response...so it will be not converted :)

thank you thank you

Mike

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Guys,

additional question. PTS to MMC is 10PTS:1MMC ?

Currently BTER offers MMC http://bter.com/trade/mmc_btc 1MMC:0.001BTC

But if you check the average range of PTS is 1PTS:0.020BTC

:( or am i missing something. I invested a lot on PTS :(

Thanks,

Mike

I believe if you have 10 PTS you get 1 MMC for free, you don't convert 10 PTS into 1 MMC. Not 100% sure about that but that's what I'm guessing.

This is correct

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Guys,

Thanks,

Mike

I believe if you have 10 PTS you get 1 MMC for free, you don't convert 10 PTS into 1 MMC. Not 100% sure about that but that's what I'm guessing.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Guys,

Thanks,

Mike

You should still redeem your MMC, because you will only gain MMC. Your PTS balance will remain the same, but you will gain more MMC. Even if you don't want your MMC, you can just get them, sell them, and use the BTC to buy more PTS. Or you can hold your MMC, it's up to you. But don't worry, you will not lose your PTS by getting your MMC

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Guys thank youvery much!! Really appreciate your prompt feedbacks. This really helps a lot and I have a better idea about Kehotee now! I will send tips to both of you soon.

What confuses me are the following regarding Memory Coin:
1. My wallet qt has many adresses with different amounts. Do I need to dump the private keys for each one of the adresses and import all the private keys to MMC wallet?

2. Since I will import the private keys to MMC wallet, isn't this dangerous? I guess no one can see my private keys in MMC wallet unless the y get access to my wallets correct? I mean this information doesn't get sent anywhere in the internet and it is safe as long as I don't have any malware?

3. What is "600" after my wallet passphrase on the tutorial? Just curious...

4. Just to make sure I understand correctly the whole PTS. Once I import my PTS private key to MMC wallet I will still have the same amount of PTS in my PTS wallet and for each of 10PTS i will have 1 MMC in my MMC wallet. And then I can use again and again my PTS to claim new coins that honor PTS correct?

5. Finally, if I don't know the amount of each PTS adress that I hold, and I don't remeber if some PTS were purchased after 12-12-13, or some that I purchased later were sent to an adress that had already some PTS from before that date what happens? Do I just import the private key of that adress anyway and it doesn't matter since the system will know how many were purchased before that date?

Once I get these answers things will be much clearer than before!!! And I will then do all that and see what happens..

AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

1, yes, you need the private key for every address that holds PTS
2, Nobody but you can see your private keys, they're only stored on your computer, never sent over the internet (unless you have malware)
3, the "600" is the number of seconds that your wallet will be unlocked after typing the passphrase, you can make it longer or shorter as you see fit
4, This is correct, you will not lose any PTS, you will only gain MMC.
5, You don't need to know how much you had when block 32000 was mined out, this is automatically retrieved from the blockchain

Merry Christmas, and I hope that clears things up for you

Offline gigamike

Guys,

Thanks,

Mike